It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

3.7

I LOVE how this makes my skin look. I don’t put it all over my entire face because it’s too thick for that and would look weird, but if I put it just on my t-zone, nose, and chin, it evens out my color so beautifully while maintaining a natural looking texture.

This CC cream worked really well for me and I liked it. Initially, I thought the price was a bit high but the tube lasted a very long time. One pump was more than enough for me to cover my entire face. I used a brush sometimes but it worked better with my fingers. I did have to use a powder, but I have to do that with every foundation or bb/cc cream. The coverage is buildable but still very natural. I didn't have any issue with it sinking in or accentuating my pores (and I get that a lot!) as some other reviewers. I like the high spf. The pump did get a little messy and once it started to run lower would sputter a bit but I feel like I really got the full value.

I bought a small size from Ulta for traveling and will definitely buy the full size again.

I love this. I put off buying it for years because the ingredients list looked scary to my acne prone, sensitive skin.

I was looking through pics last summer when I wore elta md physical in place of foundation, and decided I'd really like a more cosmetically elegant sunscreen option.

I bought this, juice beauty cc cream, missha bb cream, bare minerals complexion gel, bare minerals pro foundation and it cosmetics celebration foundation.

The clear winner for me has been the combo of it cc cream w the it celebration over it.

My face has gotten no color this year at all! I have no capillaries popping up and I'm 35 weeks pregnant. W dd1 I got a bunch of capillaries. My skin is overall in better shape. No breakouts and old red marks seem to be smoothed out with continued wear.

The coverage is medium to full. I actually haven't been using concealer. I can even use the cc cream under the eye and for Day to day it covers just fine.

The product also builds up pretty well. I can definitely build on spots for extra coverage where needed.

One con is it does look a bit makeupey. IME all physical ss has more of a pastey consistency so this is a thicker product. A tiny amount will blend out beautifully but if you expect any sun coverage you do kinda need to use a sufficient amount. I try to use close to a pump and a half and get my eyelids and everywhere. If you're not relying on this for sun protection you can definitely use less and have a nice finish to the skin! Even with me using quite a bit it still sits on my skin worlds better than the elta md did.

I still use elta or cotz sensitive if I'm going to be outdoors for the day but most days just running errands this is an awesome summer time foundation

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased this for a tropical vacation - I figured the high mineral SPF would take care of my sun protection needs while giving me some decent coverage. I was right on both counts but OH BOY DID I HATE WHAT THIS DID TO MY SKIN. Initially, the finish seemed pretty decent - matte but with a tiny bit of luminosity. However, there is something in this that sucked the life right out of my skin. This, coupled with the slightly luminous finish I mentioned highlighted pores and lines that I never even noticed before when I have no makeup on at all!! What the what???

My skin felt dry and tight after a few mins too which is odd because my skin is generally very oily. If you don't experience this type of irritation this might be a pretty decent product! I have had a similar experience with L'Oreal Pro Matte and Estee Lauder Double Wear - all 3 products feel like dry cement on my face after they dry down.

The packaging is pretty awesome - it's not glam but the squeeze tube/pump combo is super sanitary. A little bit of product also seems to go a long way, so the value here is pretty good despite the price. However, the irritation this caused mean I took this back to Sephora asap!

Pros:
-nice finish
-high mineral SPF
-highly concentrated product
-good value

Cons:
-drying, irritating formula
-highlights pores and fine lines

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I so wanted to love this CC cream, just like the majority of reviewers, but alas, sadly I just can't. And I am also quite relieved to see numerous reviewers in my age group having the same issues, but let's start with the positives:

Pros:
- SPF50
- Genius packaging, a tube combined with a pump dispenser, fantastic!
- Reasonably priced
- A few of the shades are offered in a smaller version travel tube
Cons:
- Shade range very limited, couldn't find a match for my N/NW15 skin, even the lightest shade "fair" was too yellowish.
- Very thick, matte finish even when I apply a thin layer
- Accentuated pores, fine lines and dry areas on my dry/normal facial skin.

Verdict: Apart from the nice high sun protection and awesome packaging I couldn't agree more with one previous reviewer, who likened the finish of the IT Cosmetics CC Cream to stage makeup. It made my skin - which by itself looks very decent - look matte, with lines and pores exaggerated, not a good look at all! The reason I tried this in the first place is because I am desperate to find a replacement for my beloved Bobbi Brown CC Cream SPF 35 in Blushed Nude - I have used it as long as they made it and then stocked up when Estee Lauder Inc. discontinued it. In the meantime I used up my last backup tubes also. The Bobbi Brown CC Cream had the most wonderful, natural finish and the color correcting properties, natural sheer coverage and overall wear were perfect for me. So my search continues and I will probably try Chanel's CC cream next. ...but IT Cosmetics' CC Cream unfortunately wasn't it for me.

I may buy this again. This is my go-to on days off when I'm not wearing my usual full face of makeup. A little goes a long way for light to medium coverage.

I think I would have loved this as a 15 year-old. At 35, not so much. To it's credit, it is full coverage, and the package design is clever and hygienic. Other than that... no, no no. It's like stage makeup. Orange stage makeup (I'm pinky pale). I didn't think I had any outstanding wrinkles or pores, but man... this product found them! It sunk into every crease and crater, especially on the eyelids. I struggled to blend it, and it's almost impossible to wash off! I think I washed my hands at least 3 times. I can't wait to try to get this off my face.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I only use it for "heavier" make up nights/days. It works incredibly well. I use such a small amount. No creeping, no edging, just a very good product. Not drying. No rash (sensitive skin).

My skin is oily, sensitive and acne-prone. I’m NC20 with strong yellow undertones.
I picked the shade Light and I received a sample of the shade Medium.
-SHADE: The shade Light is a neutral light/medium beige shade. Next to the shade Medium it looks ashy and a bit lighter. It’s slightly darker than my complexion (NC20) but it works. The shade Medium has warm orange/yellow undertones. I prefer the shade Light during winter and the shade Medium during summer when my skin gets tanner (NC25 -NC30). None of them suits my skin tone perfectly. I think It Cosmetics is a quite big company that makes millions per year I don’t get why they have this poor shade range.
SKIN TYPE: It has a healthy dewy finish but and looks nice on my oily skin. It doesn’t make it look greasy and lasts all day long. I don’t wear it constantly because I feel that it clogs my pores probably due to the high spf. It doesn’t accentuate my pores their powder foundation does that!
MORE: It has a slight citrusy scent but that disappears quickly. It has a light to medium coverage. I like to apply it with my fingers for light coverage or a dense brush for medium coverage.

I'm reviewing the "light" shade in this product. This product is not for the ladies who enjoy full coverage makeup, have VERY LARGE PORES or have oily skin. However, it is excellent for busy moms, women and men who want to look a little more "put together" on an "off" day. Below are the pros and cons from one week of experience with this:

PROS:
-Color Correction: This immediately corrected all the redness on my face-- to the point where I didn't feel I needed to use additional concealer in my normal areas (around the nose thanks to my seasonal allergies)
-Smooth and quick application: Dotted a few spots on my cheeks, forehead, nose and chin and patted it quickly across my skin and BAM! Done in a few seconds without wasting product using sponges or brushes
-Coverage: surprising medium coverage from this-- while this did not completely hide my VERY LARGE PORES, it did enough
-Lightness: Perfect for people who have decent skin who wants the lightest coverage that just makes their skin look hydrated, well-rested and even

CONS:
-Fades in a few hours-- which is fine because reapplication isn't hard-- it doesn't streak and there's no pilling-- this thing spreads like BUTTER
- I'm NC10-15/Nars GOBI/ELDW 1N1 and found the shade "light" many, many shades too dark and ORANGE for my very neutral skintone (so be sure to get a sample before purchasing)-- my skin looked like Honey's (from Fresh Off the Boat)
-While this does have SPF 50 and I see that the first two ingredients are TITANIUM DIOXIDE 9.0% ZINC OXIDE 6.3%, in order for this to be effective as a suncreen for the face, about a little more than half a teaspoon of this stuff needs to be applied to the face, but in my experience, you just need half a pea sized amount of this on the face-- so be sure to apply sunscreen under this!

All in all, this product is not bad, but I've been using Korean BB Cream since about 15 years ago and have had better formula (cleaner and more effective) for less cost. I personally prefer Innisfree Eco Natural BB Cream over this and I got that for $10... so if this product is HG for someone, perfect-- for me, I still prefer my Korean BB and CC creams.