It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

3.7

As a sufferer of Rosacea, this product is fantastic. I don't feel like it clogs up my pores at all and actually lasts all day. The best CC/BB cream I've used to date. Also a bonus, IT Cosmetics is cruelty free!

The price tag is high, especially for the UK but worth every penny in my opinion

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Wow just tried this out for the first time today and it's amazing! This exceeds my expectations. I was nervous to try because I have acne-prone combination skin and I thought it might be too rich and heavy. But it's so nourishing yet feels very light on my skin. My skin is so comfortable right now and it looks amazing too. I found it to be full coverage with only a pump and a half of product. Colour match is perfect, and skin feels really good. My skin feels like it can breathe which is really important to me.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Finally a CC cream with good coverage and good SPF. I use this in the summer instead of my Estee Lauder Doublewear light. Applies easily with fingers, and I don't have to bother with a beautyblender as it applies nicely. Good to take on vacation when you don't want a fussy foundation. Buildable, medium to full coverage. Dewy look, needs setting in my T-zone with translucent powder to avoid settling into lines. I don't use it around my eyes though - I stick to my eye concealer for that. It tends to lift a little on my chin and nose by partway through the day, so I find a little pat with powder or a powder foundation in those areas helps it stay all day. I just pat my chin and nose with my MAC powder foundation and it works great. Because it is medium to full coverage, I do follow up with a full face of eye makeup, bronzer or blush and a lip product to give me definition.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

DO NOT USE THIS IF YOU ARE ALLERGIC TO CITRUS!!!

I found out the hard way (someone put it on me during a mini makeover at Sephora before I could stop them. I had hives for a week).

Why??? Why would anyone put orange, grapefruit, lemon and lime oil in a product designed for sensitive and rosacea prone skin??? It makes no sense!!!

Anyway, I took Benadryl and cortisone cream for a week, and was left feeling sad because it seems that those who aren’t sensitive generally seem to like the formula otherwise.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've had this for over a month and I'm still not sure how I feel about it. I have a serious love/hate relationship with it, because it's one of the most frustrating face products I've ever used, and I don't know if that's because of my skin or the product.

There are 7 shades, which is actually not too bad for a BB or CC cream from what I've seen, but it's still not great. I have the lightest shade ("Fair," I believe) and it's definitely still too dark. But, I'll give them credit for it not being super orange or pink. I mix in a couple drops of white foundation, top with a powder that's pretty close to my skin color, and make it work. But the darkest shade isn't very dark, and the lightest shade isn't very light. I feel like at this point, companies should be making a wider range of shades for face products, including BB and CC creams.

The coverage for this stuff is ok. It's not full coverage, but it's way better than any other BB or CC cream I've tried. I don't have much to cover as far as active acne at this point (I get some hormonal spots a couple times a month), but I do have a lot of purple-ish marks left over from years of dealing with skin issues. This doesn't completely cover them, but it seriously minimizes the color of them so they just barely show through. Same with active spots. In the past, even with medium/full coverage foundations (I never wore truly "full coverage" foundations because they were always too heavy on my skin), I had to add concealer on top to cover the redness. This usually does a great job of toning that down enough so that I don't bother. I also rarely use under eye concealer, unless the dark circles are super bad on a particular day.

The smell irritates me, but doesn't actually irritate my skin, so I'm not knocking off any lippies for that. I haven't pulled up the ingredients list to figure out what the smell is, but it's kind of herbal, sort of like a tea maybe. It almost reminds me of mint, but not quite. Whatever it is, I'm glad it hasn't irritated my skin, but I wonder why it's in there.

I like the SPF in this. That's the main reason I got it, because I could not find a facial sunscreen/sunblock that I could actually use. This stuff is the least bothersome I've found, and goes on much smoother than anything else I've tried.

What I'm struggling with is getting it to look good. I find that it really clings to dry patches and makes them look way worse. I've put this on and found dry spots I didn't know were there because they were invisible before. It also tends to look weird all over, almost like it's breaking down immediately after applying it. But what's weird is that it doesn't do this every time I use it. About 30-40% of the time, it looks amazing.

I've tried using it over a light moisturizer, over a moisturizing spray (this seems to yield the best results), over a moisturizing primer, over a matte primer and light moisturizer, entirely by itself, under pressed powder, under loose powder, no powder but matte setting spray, no powder but other setting spray, powder and a setting spray, and probably a few other combinations I'm forgetting. I've also tried this by itself on days I won't be leaving the house, without mixing in the white, and I got the same results so I know it isn't my white mixer.

I've also used my fingers, a brush, a sponge, and every combination of those together. I think I get the best results from applying it with my fingers and smoothing it all over until it's rubbed in, then buffing with the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. Iv'e tried a couple other brushes, but this one seems to work best in smoothing everything out and giving it the best finish.

I set this with powder and a spray because even on my dry skin it can look a little greasy (it might look better in the winter), probably because of the sunblock. That's also so I can add blush or whatever on top, so I would probably still set parts of my face with powder in the winter. The spray just seems to help lock everything in place.

I'm a little confused about the packaging choice, but I don't hate it. It did take about 45 pumps before any product came out, though. I have a feeling that when this is "empty" I'm going to have to cut it open and squeeze out whatever is left into a jar or something, though. I could be wrong about that. I've never had a pump/tube combo product before, but I feel like there's going to be product lodged somewhere in there that the pump can't quite get out.

I think the claim about it minimizing the appearance or pores and lines is not true. I have a small line between my eyebrows and this stuff settles into it and makes it look way worse than it is. The same thing happens to lines across my forehead, and one near my mouth. My pores definitely don't look much/any better under this stuff, either.

This is a product I really wanted to love, but it didn't live up to the hype for me. I might repurchase it, but I'm not sure yet. If it gets to a point where I know exactly how to make it look good every time I apply it, I'll probably stick with it. If I keep having mixed results, I'll probably move on when it's empty and try something else.

Basically, after using it for 6-8 weeks on and off, I just think it's "ok," but not the miracle product some people think it is. If it works that way for you, that's fantastic. Unfortunately, it didn't wow me.

Pros:
-Sunblock
-Doesn't irritate my skin
-Hasn't caused breakouts
-Medium-ish? coverage
-Doesn't feel heavy on my skin
-Slightly better shade range than other BB/CC creams
-Doesn't fully cover acne/scars, but minimizes redness
-Lasts pretty well throughout the day without breaking down or oxidizing

Cons:
-Kinda pricey
-Can be a hassle to get it to look good on my skin
-What is that smell?
-Weird packaging (this might not be a con; we'll see)
-Coverage isn't as good as expected
-Settles into lines
-Can cling to dry patches

I got it to cover cystic acne and it seems to have helped reduce the cysts, in the past 2 days. I noticed some people said it was drying for them, but maybe if you have oilier skin, it can also help. I'll edit this if anything changes.

EDIT: After a week of using, it is keeping my usually-oily skin not-so-oily through summer sweat, so I do think it may be better suited for oilier types, but it's kind of awesome for that.

I LOVE how this makes my skin look. I don’t put it all over my entire face because it’s too thick for that and would look weird, but if I put it just on my t-zone, nose, and chin, it evens out my color so beautifully while maintaining a natural looking texture.

This CC cream worked really well for me and I liked it. Initially, I thought the price was a bit high but the tube lasted a very long time. One pump was more than enough for me to cover my entire face. I used a brush sometimes but it worked better with my fingers. I did have to use a powder, but I have to do that with every foundation or bb/cc cream. The coverage is buildable but still very natural. I didn't have any issue with it sinking in or accentuating my pores (and I get that a lot!) as some other reviewers. I like the high spf. The pump did get a little messy and once it started to run lower would sputter a bit but I feel like I really got the full value.

I bought a small size from Ulta for traveling and will definitely buy the full size again.

I love this. I put off buying it for years because the ingredients list looked scary to my acne prone, sensitive skin.

I was looking through pics last summer when I wore elta md physical in place of foundation, and decided I'd really like a more cosmetically elegant sunscreen option.

I bought this, juice beauty cc cream, missha bb cream, bare minerals complexion gel, bare minerals pro foundation and it cosmetics celebration foundation.

The clear winner for me has been the combo of it cc cream w the it celebration over it.

My face has gotten no color this year at all! I have no capillaries popping up and I'm 35 weeks pregnant. W dd1 I got a bunch of capillaries. My skin is overall in better shape. No breakouts and old red marks seem to be smoothed out with continued wear.

The coverage is medium to full. I actually haven't been using concealer. I can even use the cc cream under the eye and for Day to day it covers just fine.

The product also builds up pretty well. I can definitely build on spots for extra coverage where needed.

One con is it does look a bit makeupey. IME all physical ss has more of a pastey consistency so this is a thicker product. A tiny amount will blend out beautifully but if you expect any sun coverage you do kinda need to use a sufficient amount. I try to use close to a pump and a half and get my eyelids and everywhere. If you're not relying on this for sun protection you can definitely use less and have a nice finish to the skin! Even with me using quite a bit it still sits on my skin worlds better than the elta md did.

I still use elta or cotz sensitive if I'm going to be outdoors for the day but most days just running errands this is an awesome summer time foundation

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased this for a tropical vacation - I figured the high mineral SPF would take care of my sun protection needs while giving me some decent coverage. I was right on both counts but OH BOY DID I HATE WHAT THIS DID TO MY SKIN. Initially, the finish seemed pretty decent - matte but with a tiny bit of luminosity. However, there is something in this that sucked the life right out of my skin. This, coupled with the slightly luminous finish I mentioned highlighted pores and lines that I never even noticed before when I have no makeup on at all!! What the what???

My skin felt dry and tight after a few mins too which is odd because my skin is generally very oily. If you don't experience this type of irritation this might be a pretty decent product! I have had a similar experience with L'Oreal Pro Matte and Estee Lauder Double Wear - all 3 products feel like dry cement on my face after they dry down.

The packaging is pretty awesome - it's not glam but the squeeze tube/pump combo is super sanitary. A little bit of product also seems to go a long way, so the value here is pretty good despite the price. However, the irritation this caused mean I took this back to Sephora asap!

Pros:
-nice finish
-high mineral SPF
-highly concentrated product
-good value

Cons:
-drying, irritating formula
-highlights pores and fine lines