It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

3.7

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I bought this a few years ago, stopped using it, went back to it and have been using it almost daily. I don't care for full coverage so I use a damp beauty blended to apply and it gives a more natural finish. Color selection is not the best but Light works for me. I have recommended it and given the trial size to some friends and they have all liked it. Have repurchased several times and I buy the large size whenever it is available on QVC. I try other foundations for evening use every now and then, but the SPF 50+ in the CC cream makes it my everyday choice.

I was a little disappointed when I got this - while it's excellent coverage, it really only looks nice for a couple of hours before getting patchy. It's too moisturising for my combination skin as well. Overall, I far prefer the Missha BB cream which is a little less high coverage but lasts a lot better.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love this due to its ease use and coverage. Normally I use tent idols ultra wear but I was looking for something less drying and less thick and this is perfect. I feel like the color selections could be better. But other wise awesome product. Moisturizing with coverage and does break me out. Wish it was in more true to skin shades. In my case I'm hoping for a non ashy true ivory cool shade. But otherwise awesome and better than foundation for work and light wear.

One of the worst CC creams I have ever used. I purchased this product 2 months ago because I heard very good reviews about it. My skin was okay, few pimples but nothing bad BUT after using this it got worse! Plus- my skin looks like a cake and I totally hate it. Greasy and heavy product . I don’t recommend it

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Wanted to like this. It feels good to put on, has a good amount of spf, and smells kinda nice. Unfortunately, once it goes on my face it just washed me out completely. I look like a zombie in this stuff. Also, it feels on the greasy side and broke me out. Acne prone folks, try a sample before parting with your $50.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I was motivated to try this by the lack of tocopherols, a very common cosmetic and skin care ingredient that causes an allergic reaction for me. My doubt was so strong that I purchased a used tube on the reddit MUE forum rather than shell out full price for a new one. I have since repurchased in the Light shade, and I'm surprised how often I reach for it. No apparent issues with the annoying citrus oils ( WHY?!). I don't apply foundation of any kind to my entire face, but rather pat it into my areas of redness and discoloration, on top of a moisturizer.

As a sufferer of Rosacea, this product is fantastic. I don't feel like it clogs up my pores at all and actually lasts all day. The best CC/BB cream I've used to date. Also a bonus, IT Cosmetics is cruelty free!

The price tag is high, especially for the UK but worth every penny in my opinion

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Finally a CC cream with good coverage and good SPF. I use this in the summer instead of my Estee Lauder Doublewear light. Applies easily with fingers, and I don't have to bother with a beautyblender as it applies nicely. Good to take on vacation when you don't want a fussy foundation. Buildable, medium to full coverage. Dewy look, needs setting in my T-zone with translucent powder to avoid settling into lines. I don't use it around my eyes though - I stick to my eye concealer for that. It tends to lift a little on my chin and nose by partway through the day, so I find a little pat with powder or a powder foundation in those areas helps it stay all day. I just pat my chin and nose with my MAC powder foundation and it works great. Because it is medium to full coverage, I do follow up with a full face of eye makeup, bronzer or blush and a lip product to give me definition.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

DO NOT USE THIS IF YOU ARE ALLERGIC TO CITRUS!!!

I found out the hard way (someone put it on me during a mini makeover at Sephora before I could stop them. I had hives for a week).

Why??? Why would anyone put orange, grapefruit, lemon and lime oil in a product designed for sensitive and rosacea prone skin??? It makes no sense!!!

Anyway, I took Benadryl and cortisone cream for a week, and was left feeling sad because it seems that those who aren’t sensitive generally seem to like the formula otherwise.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've had this for over a month and I'm still not sure how I feel about it. I have a serious love/hate relationship with it, because it's one of the most frustrating face products I've ever used, and I don't know if that's because of my skin or the product.

There are 7 shades, which is actually not too bad for a BB or CC cream from what I've seen, but it's still not great. I have the lightest shade ("Fair," I believe) and it's definitely still too dark. But, I'll give them credit for it not being super orange or pink. I mix in a couple drops of white foundation, top with a powder that's pretty close to my skin color, and make it work. But the darkest shade isn't very dark, and the lightest shade isn't very light. I feel like at this point, companies should be making a wider range of shades for face products, including BB and CC creams.

The coverage for this stuff is ok. It's not full coverage, but it's way better than any other BB or CC cream I've tried. I don't have much to cover as far as active acne at this point (I get some hormonal spots a couple times a month), but I do have a lot of purple-ish marks left over from years of dealing with skin issues. This doesn't completely cover them, but it seriously minimizes the color of them so they just barely show through. Same with active spots. In the past, even with medium/full coverage foundations (I never wore truly "full coverage" foundations because they were always too heavy on my skin), I had to add concealer on top to cover the redness. This usually does a great job of toning that down enough so that I don't bother. I also rarely use under eye concealer, unless the dark circles are super bad on a particular day.

The smell irritates me, but doesn't actually irritate my skin, so I'm not knocking off any lippies for that. I haven't pulled up the ingredients list to figure out what the smell is, but it's kind of herbal, sort of like a tea maybe. It almost reminds me of mint, but not quite. Whatever it is, I'm glad it hasn't irritated my skin, but I wonder why it's in there.

I like the SPF in this. That's the main reason I got it, because I could not find a facial sunscreen/sunblock that I could actually use. This stuff is the least bothersome I've found, and goes on much smoother than anything else I've tried.

What I'm struggling with is getting it to look good. I find that it really clings to dry patches and makes them look way worse. I've put this on and found dry spots I didn't know were there because they were invisible before. It also tends to look weird all over, almost like it's breaking down immediately after applying it. But what's weird is that it doesn't do this every time I use it. About 30-40% of the time, it looks amazing.

I've tried using it over a light moisturizer, over a moisturizing spray (this seems to yield the best results), over a moisturizing primer, over a matte primer and light moisturizer, entirely by itself, under pressed powder, under loose powder, no powder but matte setting spray, no powder but other setting spray, powder and a setting spray, and probably a few other combinations I'm forgetting. I've also tried this by itself on days I won't be leaving the house, without mixing in the white, and I got the same results so I know it isn't my white mixer.

I've also used my fingers, a brush, a sponge, and every combination of those together. I think I get the best results from applying it with my fingers and smoothing it all over until it's rubbed in, then buffing with the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. Iv'e tried a couple other brushes, but this one seems to work best in smoothing everything out and giving it the best finish.

I set this with powder and a spray because even on my dry skin it can look a little greasy (it might look better in the winter), probably because of the sunblock. That's also so I can add blush or whatever on top, so I would probably still set parts of my face with powder in the winter. The spray just seems to help lock everything in place.

I'm a little confused about the packaging choice, but I don't hate it. It did take about 45 pumps before any product came out, though. I have a feeling that when this is "empty" I'm going to have to cut it open and squeeze out whatever is left into a jar or something, though. I could be wrong about that. I've never had a pump/tube combo product before, but I feel like there's going to be product lodged somewhere in there that the pump can't quite get out.

I think the claim about it minimizing the appearance or pores and lines is not true. I have a small line between my eyebrows and this stuff settles into it and makes it look way worse than it is. The same thing happens to lines across my forehead, and one near my mouth. My pores definitely don't look much/any better under this stuff, either.

This is a product I really wanted to love, but it didn't live up to the hype for me. I might repurchase it, but I'm not sure yet. If it gets to a point where I know exactly how to make it look good every time I apply it, I'll probably stick with it. If I keep having mixed results, I'll probably move on when it's empty and try something else.

Basically, after using it for 6-8 weeks on and off, I just think it's "ok," but not the miracle product some people think it is. If it works that way for you, that's fantastic. Unfortunately, it didn't wow me.

Pros:
-Sunblock
-Doesn't irritate my skin
-Hasn't caused breakouts
-Medium-ish? coverage
-Doesn't feel heavy on my skin
-Slightly better shade range than other BB/CC creams
-Doesn't fully cover acne/scars, but minimizes redness
-Lasts pretty well throughout the day without breaking down or oxidizing

Cons:
-Kinda pricey
-Can be a hassle to get it to look good on my skin
-What is that smell?
-Weird packaging (this might not be a con; we'll see)
-Coverage isn't as good as expected
-Settles into lines
-Can cling to dry patches