It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

Filtered by skin tone : Other

3.8

This is a staple in my make up bag, and has been for several years. I keep trying other foundations and tm's and bb's, but keep coming back to this. I definitely notice a color correcting factor, my 50 year old skin looks smooth and it wears well. It is very quick and easy to apply with just fingers when you are in a hurry or don't want to mess with a brush or a beauty blender. I wear the the shade light and it looks great even with some self tanner making me a tad darker.

So far I'm really liking this lightweight foundation in medium. I was having some issues w piling due to oil vs silicone battle between this and my neova sunscreen. It's medium coverage and leaves a slight dewy finish. My one issue is I had to use quite a bit per application.

again I hate when people put reviews about other products and incorporate it with other products. LOL this product by itself works great. if you're reviewing a beauty blender for example you should say I really don't like this beauty blender because it doesn't work with other products! Has nothing to do with this. it's a great product and we're lucky it's around because just like all other great skincare products has a life Shelf not very long. Get it while it's hot get it while it's good get it while you can. :-)

The color match was decent for me in the fair. It covered redness well but it's certainly not full coverage by any stretch, which for me is a positive but if you need heavy duty covering look elsewhere. The biggest con for me was that is sank in to and accentuated every single pore on my cheeks near my nose. It clung to dry patches. It settled in to wrinkles. And it felt really dry as well.

I'm glad I didn't like it - for the price there are much better options out there.

This is flat out fabulous!!!! I have combo to oily with slight acne prone skin. This makes my skin look flawless and my skin looks like skin!! My skin looks airbrushed in photos and it wears well without breaking down too much. Coverage is medium and perfect. Love the skin benefits and SPF. Fab product. I applied with my fingers and one pump is more than enough.

I had heard so many good things about this CC cream but it did not work for me. I love the pump tube packaging and I love how it has SPF 50 however that's where it stops. The coverage is decent for a CC cream but no where near full coverage. Also the colors were kind of yellow for me. I'm NW30 and I got the medium shade. I put it on my face without powder and went into the light and my face and neck were 2 different colors. This can easily be fixed with setting powder though. Also it just doesn't last. The SPF is a huge plus but as soon as it gets hot this was completely gone. It didn't fade patchy but I just had nothing left on my face. I think this would be good if you have dry skin and like light coverage but it didn't work for me :(

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am a 21 year old who has struggled with acne for many years. I have oily-sensitive skin, but also get very dry in areas due to the topicals I use to control my acne. I had heard to many good things about this product, but was so skeptical. I have tried countless high end and drugstore foundations, but nothing worked until this. So far, I LOVE the finish, goes on so smooth and doesn't feel like you're wearing anything. I love that it is so buildable. I'm not crazy about the fragrance but I can get past it because I finally have a product that makes me feel confident. If you're considering, definitely give it a shot. It is pricey, but you can always return it.

Yet another great product I wouldn't know about if not for MUA!

Formula:
I haven't tried a liquid foundation since the old Clinique days in the late 90s, early 2000s--and things sure have changed! This goes on very smooth, blends easily, and looks natural. I don't care for the 6 billion ingredients, but so far nothing has irritated or broken me out (hasn't really been long enough to tell about the latter, though I'm really prone to the former, so I'm considering it a good sign). It's somewhat thicker than a tinted moisturizer, and is a bit siliconey feeling, but not as much as, say, an Asian sunscreen. Speaking of which, I'm amazed that this has SPF 50, though I'm sure I'm not getting that much coverage since I'm not using nearly 1/4 teaspoon--that would make for a super masklike appearance, I'm sure. But I am pleased that it has some sun protection.

Scent:
There is fragrance in this, though it dissipates fairly quickly and is not very strong. It smells like some kind of citrus essential oil (orange, maybe? Grapefruit), which I don't really mind, even though I'm usually sensitive to fragrance. It's tolerable.

Color:
Here is where It Cosmetics could improve. I have quite yellow skin, especially for a caucasion, and the Fair color is the right amount of yellowness (though a tiny touch too dark). So I'd say this BB tends to be on the extreme end of yellow, which won't suit many skin complexions! I almost returned this because it is a touch too dark with just a swatch, but once I blend it in and cover my face/neck it doesn't look dark at all. I'm assuming this is due to the light-reflecting properties. But suffice it to say not many folks will find a suitable color match, which is a shame, since the coverage is fairly heavy and a color match is important!

Coverage:
Speaking of which, this covers better than any tinted moisturizer I've used and as well as many liquid foundations. That said, if I have a pimple I'm going to need a bit of concealer (or some of this BB as a spot concealer). It also doesn't completely cover my undereye circles, but I didn't expect it to. It does, however, make them a lot better. I'd call this a medium coverage.

Finish:
I really like the finish on this. Very natural--not matte or dewy at all--and gives my skin a bit of a glow. I am a bit oily on the T zone and will powder that area to keep it from getting shiny as the day goes on, but it's probably not entirely necessary.

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

I bought this product to replace the Clinique BB Cream that I have been using that is almost gone. This has a higher SPF so I thought that I would try it. The packaging is great. I love the pump on the product. I love the lemon sugar like smell. I don't love the shade selection. Right now I have fair and it is very light. Light is quite dark and orange. There needs to be a shade between those two. Luckily for me the shade fair must oxidize on me because it seems to darken a bit and adjust to my skin tone. It's nice..decent coverage..but I still need a concealer.

The only real problem I have with this product is the fact that it includes citrus oils. These can be sensitizing, though I've had no adverse reaction whatsoever and I have very sensitive skin and mild Rosacea. Another thing that should be mentioned is that in my opinion this is not full coverage. It is a good solid medium, but those with major blemishes or discolorations will need concealer. It's also worth noting that it is on the pricey side at $38 for 1.08 ounces. If you purchase the super size option QVC offers twice a year it goes down to approximately $22 per ounce.

All that aside, it's the only non Korean CC/BB Cream that comes close to actual Korean BB/CC's. High broad spectrum sunscreen? Check. List of ingredients you could fall asleep attempting to read all the way through? Check. Nifty hygenic pump that seals out air and keeps active ingredients potent? Check. Neutral toned self adjusting shade? Quintuple check. Instead of 1 universal shade or 2 or 3 shades that only suit light complexions there are 5 shades to choose from. For reference I'm a NC/NW 20-25 and I'm currently using Light. It suits me well, though I have purchased Medium to mix with it for the Summer.

My favorite thing about this CC cream is the finish. Not matte, not shiny, no shimmer, just a perfectly natural looking satin. At 44, I do have some fine lines around my eyes and enlarged pores on my cheeks. This does not settle into either. It lasts surprisingly well for a product of this type. Setting it with a bit of powder gets me a good 8 hours. I'm also shocked at how little this transfers, even if I don't set it. It's also very lightweight and comfortable to wear. The pump dispenser is awesome! It's really easy to meter how much comes out so there is no waste.

I think this would be a great option for aging combination, normal and dry skintypes. I can see this breaking down quickly on oily skin and dry skins will likely want something a bit more emollient.

For me, its a big thumbs up. It would get 5 huge shiny stars if it were fragrance free.