It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

3.7

Ok so I also have a love hate relationship with this foundation. I first fell in love with it because it gave a nice dewy glowy finish without looking greasy or oily (I have combination skin), the colour matches my skin tone (neutral leaning on yellow), and it did not break me out whatsoever ( I have sensitive skin). Previously been using Clinique foundations and while they didn’t break me out, my skin looked dull with that on.
So this is a ‘my skin but better’ foundation.
My only gripe with it: It’s truly a light-medium coverage foundation, you can’t build it up AT all or else you run the risk of it looking cakey, uneven or actually a greasy mess. Don’t look to this for full coverage as I’ve tried a few times.
A little goes a long way with this product, it has good sun protection, it’s moisturizing and has a beautiful skin-like finish.

But if you like matte and full coverage from a foundation, look elsewhere. This is still a CC cream, albeit better coverage than other CC creams so maybe I was hopeful in Trying to build it up to full coverage. But no. Don’t do that.
Still a beautiful light-medium coverage foundation.

This is the only high coverage “foundation” that doesn’t look cakey on me whatsoever. And i love dewy finishes and for those two reasons im giving this a 5 lippie.

I do however dislike that packaging and the shade range.

I’d still recommend if you are someone who likes high medium coverage and dewy finish.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Replaced my foundation with the CC cream for a high coverage base that cares for my skin. Pump pack design is brilliant and allows me to use the entirety of the product. I have repurchased multiple times and have recommended it to many friends and family.

I really wanted to love this because I had heard so many good things from friends. However, after about a week of use, I began to develop whiteheads around my nose. Not what I wanted from my foundation. Gave it to a friend to share with someone who can wear.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

DO NOT USE THIS IF YOU ARE ALLERGIC TO CITRUS!!!

I found out the hard way (someone put it on me during a mini makeover at Sephora before I could stop them. I had hives for a week).

Why??? Why would anyone put orange, grapefruit, lemon and lime oil in a product designed for sensitive and rosacea prone skin??? It makes no sense!!!

Anyway, I took Benadryl and cortisone cream for a week, and was left feeling sad because it seems that those who aren’t sensitive generally seem to like the formula otherwise.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've had this for over a month and I'm still not sure how I feel about it. I have a serious love/hate relationship with it, because it's one of the most frustrating face products I've ever used, and I don't know if that's because of my skin or the product.

There are 7 shades, which is actually not too bad for a BB or CC cream from what I've seen, but it's still not great. I have the lightest shade ("Fair," I believe) and it's definitely still too dark. But, I'll give them credit for it not being super orange or pink. I mix in a couple drops of white foundation, top with a powder that's pretty close to my skin color, and make it work. But the darkest shade isn't very dark, and the lightest shade isn't very light. I feel like at this point, companies should be making a wider range of shades for face products, including BB and CC creams.

The coverage for this stuff is ok. It's not full coverage, but it's way better than any other BB or CC cream I've tried. I don't have much to cover as far as active acne at this point (I get some hormonal spots a couple times a month), but I do have a lot of purple-ish marks left over from years of dealing with skin issues. This doesn't completely cover them, but it seriously minimizes the color of them so they just barely show through. Same with active spots. In the past, even with medium/full coverage foundations (I never wore truly "full coverage" foundations because they were always too heavy on my skin), I had to add concealer on top to cover the redness. This usually does a great job of toning that down enough so that I don't bother. I also rarely use under eye concealer, unless the dark circles are super bad on a particular day.

The smell irritates me, but doesn't actually irritate my skin, so I'm not knocking off any lippies for that. I haven't pulled up the ingredients list to figure out what the smell is, but it's kind of herbal, sort of like a tea maybe. It almost reminds me of mint, but not quite. Whatever it is, I'm glad it hasn't irritated my skin, but I wonder why it's in there.

I like the SPF in this. That's the main reason I got it, because I could not find a facial sunscreen/sunblock that I could actually use. This stuff is the least bothersome I've found, and goes on much smoother than anything else I've tried.

What I'm struggling with is getting it to look good. I find that it really clings to dry patches and makes them look way worse. I've put this on and found dry spots I didn't know were there because they were invisible before. It also tends to look weird all over, almost like it's breaking down immediately after applying it. But what's weird is that it doesn't do this every time I use it. About 30-40% of the time, it looks amazing.

I've tried using it over a light moisturizer, over a moisturizing spray (this seems to yield the best results), over a moisturizing primer, over a matte primer and light moisturizer, entirely by itself, under pressed powder, under loose powder, no powder but matte setting spray, no powder but other setting spray, powder and a setting spray, and probably a few other combinations I'm forgetting. I've also tried this by itself on days I won't be leaving the house, without mixing in the white, and I got the same results so I know it isn't my white mixer.

I've also used my fingers, a brush, a sponge, and every combination of those together. I think I get the best results from applying it with my fingers and smoothing it all over until it's rubbed in, then buffing with the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. Iv'e tried a couple other brushes, but this one seems to work best in smoothing everything out and giving it the best finish.

I set this with powder and a spray because even on my dry skin it can look a little greasy (it might look better in the winter), probably because of the sunblock. That's also so I can add blush or whatever on top, so I would probably still set parts of my face with powder in the winter. The spray just seems to help lock everything in place.

I'm a little confused about the packaging choice, but I don't hate it. It did take about 45 pumps before any product came out, though. I have a feeling that when this is "empty" I'm going to have to cut it open and squeeze out whatever is left into a jar or something, though. I could be wrong about that. I've never had a pump/tube combo product before, but I feel like there's going to be product lodged somewhere in there that the pump can't quite get out.

I think the claim about it minimizing the appearance or pores and lines is not true. I have a small line between my eyebrows and this stuff settles into it and makes it look way worse than it is. The same thing happens to lines across my forehead, and one near my mouth. My pores definitely don't look much/any better under this stuff, either.

This is a product I really wanted to love, but it didn't live up to the hype for me. I might repurchase it, but I'm not sure yet. If it gets to a point where I know exactly how to make it look good every time I apply it, I'll probably stick with it. If I keep having mixed results, I'll probably move on when it's empty and try something else.

Basically, after using it for 6-8 weeks on and off, I just think it's "ok," but not the miracle product some people think it is. If it works that way for you, that's fantastic. Unfortunately, it didn't wow me.

Pros:
-Sunblock
-Doesn't irritate my skin
-Hasn't caused breakouts
-Medium-ish? coverage
-Doesn't feel heavy on my skin
-Slightly better shade range than other BB/CC creams
-Doesn't fully cover acne/scars, but minimizes redness
-Lasts pretty well throughout the day without breaking down or oxidizing

Cons:
-Kinda pricey
-Can be a hassle to get it to look good on my skin
-What is that smell?
-Weird packaging (this might not be a con; we'll see)
-Coverage isn't as good as expected
-Settles into lines
-Can cling to dry patches

I got it to cover cystic acne and it seems to have helped reduce the cysts, in the past 2 days. I noticed some people said it was drying for them, but maybe if you have oilier skin, it can also help. I'll edit this if anything changes.

EDIT: After a week of using, it is keeping my usually-oily skin not-so-oily through summer sweat, so I do think it may be better suited for oilier types, but it's kind of awesome for that.

glad that its spf 50 but it ended up sweating off and looking kind of cakey after a few hours in the sun. not good for warm humid weather. i guess its fine if you're out running a few errands but id rather just use sunscreen if im gonna be outside for a long time. its medium to full coverage

Ok so I LOVE this foundation. Its worth the money as it stays put all day long,looks like skin but still covers imperfections.
I use one pump for my whole face. Its sold as full coverage which I'm not sure you would get but its definitely medium coverage.
The packing is brill as it's a tube with a pump. Its save to travel with and chuck in your bag. No worries about glass packaging breaking. Also at the end you can cut open the tube and get every last drop out.
I like a more dewy finish and this is on the matte side but with sunscreen on top or oil mixed in makes it dewy. ( I know they do a dewy version now but I had already brought this one)
its so worth trying as it is a beautiful foundation.
I wanted something that looked natural but lasted all day long no matter what and this foundation ticked all the boxes.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

I have been eyeing up the IT section of my local Ulta and Sephora stores for a while, so I was excited to see the presentations of IT products on QVC. Not to mention, for these items individually, the price for this kit seemed like the perfect opportunity to try out IT products. Unfortunately, this kit fell short for me, compared to other prestige makeup brands I have used.

Let's start with the CC cream. This is a little on the yellow side and definitely does not suit cooler undertoned individuals like myself. I also think that they may misrepresent the shades just a little bit. I am not the fairest of the fair, but did order fair because their light shade is way too dark and yellowish for me. The coverage of the CC cream also isn't as amazing as they show in the presentation. This is a medium coverage item, at best, unless you keep layering it on, but then it becomes very heavy and cakey. I would consider it more of a tinted moisturizer.

Next is the mascara. The formula is decent, but in clumps on the brush. There needs to be something in the tube to help get off excess mascara when pulling the wand out. It lays on eyelashes well, but it does flake it you try to keep layering. Overall, there are better mascaras out there.

Let's move on to the eyebrow pencil. It is fairly dark, even with the lightest touch, and a little bulky to get those fine lines that some like. It too, is ok at best.

The lip was also just ok for me. It's more of a brightly tinted lip gloss. It glides on well and keeps my lips from chapping, but normal lip gloss is much cheaper. This also came out on my lips as a bright pink color, and I am more of a neutral or dark colored lip kind of girl.

I have yet to try the illumination powder, so I will not comment on that.

Last was the globe brush. I am a firm believer in good makeup brushes truly do make a difference during application. It's a good size and I used it to put on my CC cream. It went on smoothly, so that was a win for me with this kit.

Overall, this kit was just ok for me. I don't know that I will continue to buy IT products, as the delivery and exchange process with QVC is lengthy and the products just don't meet my overall makeup standards. Sorry IT.