It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

3.8

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Have been using it as my only foundation for over nine moths - I'm on my third tube (the first one was small travel size, the rest regular ones). Each regular tube lasts me about five months. No breakouts, even in the tropical climate. Nice glow, stays half a day or a bit more, natural looking, economical ohh, and no breakouts - virtually the only foundation/bb except Boots Seventeen Magic BB that doesn't cause adult acne. I love the fact that the sunscreen is physical. I use a damp Real Technique sponge and put two thin layers with a five minute interval.
Cons: medium coverage, gets into my wrinkles.
NB I had a sample of the pink one with illumination and had a moderate breakout. Looked too shiny for y liking, whereas this one looks naturally healthy.

I've been using this for about 3 years now. I wear it underneath Tarte's Amazonian Clay foundation and the 2 together make my skin look flawless. I can notice a negative difference in my skin when I don't use this. It covers well, is hydrating and leaves a dewy finish. In the winter I've always gotten flaky skin around my mouth and this seems to be the one thing that prevents it. The tube is kind of expensive but a little goes a long way.

Honestly, I bought this product because of the hype and I am GLAD I did!

I personally don't like wearing foundation. Either that all of my previous foundations were from the drugstore (though I selected the most lightweight) and I don't like their formulas, or I just hated how it sat on my skin. Whatever the reasons might be, I tried wearing less foundation as much as I could.

But this CC cream (honestly, it's a foundation) blows my mind away. It is so lightweight, sits comfortably on my skin, gives good coverage, and makes my face looks natural PLUS better (I hate foundation that once I applied makes my face looks like a 'kabuki'). In addition to the formula, the smell is very nice. It smells a bit of lemon and a slight scent of freshness (if that makes sense).

I bought it in a travel size (I was still edgy whether I might like it or not) and in the shade 'medium'. It is a bit darker than my skin tone but it doesn't show much difference, so I don't really mind.

Overall, definitely repurchase it! 5-stars!!

So far I am loving this. I'm 48 with combo/dry skin and this gives just enough coverage for my rosacea redness (I still need concealer for dark circles and a few blemishes). It has a nice finish, glowy but not dewy or sparkly. I thought it would be too olive-toned for my skin (in the lightest shade) but it's perfect and looks natural under all kinds of light. I love the broad spectrum SPF which is why I bought it since I hated to have to apply sunscreen then foundation, and worry that my foundation might be rubbing off the sunscreen in places. Yes, it gets oily in my t-zone but I just use powder and it's fine. Holds up for the full day. Does not highlight pores or fine lines. I'm a little worried, after reading some of the reviews, and I hope it doesn't make me break out. Will update if it does.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Wow! I'm impressed! Perfect for my pale skin, no glitter, moisturizer and spf 50! Amazing! I really love it! A mild, pleasant scent and I find as the day goes on my skin looks better and better :) try it!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I think I've just found my HG everyday foundation - lightweight, excellent "your skin but better" coverage, decent color selection, sanitary packaging, with added skincare benefits. I hardly reach for my concealer when I use this, and a little goes a long way. Just be aware: it has a dewy finish and requires powder over top.

Can't recommend this product enough!

My favorite face product ever. Obviously for a night out this isn't ideal, but for day to day it is absolutely perfect. If this wasn't so expensive (pretty much $40), I would have an unlimited stock of these in my drawers. This literally makes you look like you have amazing skin. I don't have super horrible acne, just a bit of hyper-pigmentation and the occasional red pimple, but this has amazing coverage while still being super light and breathable. It makes you look extremely dewy and radiant, so if you are not into that look, or if you are SUPER oily, you will not like this. I have combination skin, but I love looking glowing and healthy. This also smells great, like lavender. The price just sucks for how much product you get, but I wear this on days where I want to look effortlessly perfect. The name is accurate.. when its on it looks like you have naturally perfect skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Even though this is kind of expensive and hard to find in Canada, I keep coming back for more. I love that it is moisturizing, has a high SPF, doesn't break me out and has amazing coverage. This truly is a one and done product for me, which makes it worth it. I simply apply all over my face in the morning with my fingers and then set with a bit of translucent powder to set my face a mattify a bit because this is on the dewy side. The light shade is on the neutral side and is a perfect match for my skin most of the year. (Here is a link to a foundation swatch comparison https://imgur.com/rIZtBwl). If I have a bit of colour I will go up to the medium shade, which is a bit more golden. The best value I have found when buying this product is the limited edition supersize that they offer only once or twice a year on either The Shopping Channel (Canada) or QVC. I just stocked up!

so good for dry skin! i can can actually build this up without looking cakey.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It took a little while to get this to work for me. I tried it at first without a moisturiser underneath using a brush, my fingers and a make-up sponge, but it always seemed to be too thick and settled in my lines. The solution, at least for me, is to apply my usual moisturiser, wait a couple of minutes, then apply a very small amount (less than half a pump) of the cc cream (I use the IT Cosmetics luxe brush). A little goes a long way! It's expensive, but a tube should last a long time. You can adjust the coverage by applying more or less. It doesn't seem greasy and doesn't dry my skin out. I also like that it has SPF 50. I'm really happy with this product and will continue to use it.

EDIT: I've also experimented with applying primer underneath, and that works as well.