It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

Filtered by skin type : Dry

3.9

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Read great reviews on this but just cannot wear it. It makes my face look like I'm wearing a mask--and not in a good way. It does cover but there is nothing left of me--its like very heavy stage makeup.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Shame on me because I bought this without first reading the ingredients, but when I got it home and saw the amount of citrus oils in it... well, it went right back to Ulta. Why on earth do cosmetics companies (I'm also looking at you, Bobbi Brown) put so many sensitizing oils in their products? Very disappointing.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This was a major "fail" for me. I have pretty fair, cool-toned skin, though not extremely fair like many redheads. I actually wear the Light (not Fair) CC+ Eye with no issues. Yet even the lightest shade of this CC cream is just way too dark for me. It looked like a medium beige when I applied it to my face...I immediately wiped it off and then realized it was rapidly oxidizing to orange! Unfortunately, this has happened with other BB/CC creams that I've tried, so it may just be my skin. However, I expected a little more from this brand after using the CC+ Eye with excellent results...

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Neutral

I really wanted to like this, but sadly it just felt so heavy on my skin, like i had a couple of layers of foundation on my skin. Which is strange since my skin is pretty dry. I prefer the laniege cushions over this.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I so wanted to love this CC cream, just like the majority of reviewers, but alas, sadly I just can't. And I am also quite relieved to see numerous reviewers in my age group having the same issues, but let's start with the positives:

Pros:
- SPF50
- Genius packaging, a tube combined with a pump dispenser, fantastic!
- Reasonably priced
- A few of the shades are offered in a smaller version travel tube
Cons:
- Shade range very limited, couldn't find a match for my N/NW15 skin, even the lightest shade "fair" was too yellowish.
- Very thick, matte finish even when I apply a thin layer
- Accentuated pores, fine lines and dry areas on my dry/normal facial skin.

Verdict: Apart from the nice high sun protection and awesome packaging I couldn't agree more with one previous reviewer, who likened the finish of the IT Cosmetics CC Cream to stage makeup. It made my skin - which by itself looks very decent - look matte, with lines and pores exaggerated, not a good look at all! The reason I tried this in the first place is because I am desperate to find a replacement for my beloved Bobbi Brown CC Cream SPF 35 in Blushed Nude - I have used it as long as they made it and then stocked up when Estee Lauder Inc. discontinued it. In the meantime I used up my last backup tubes also. The Bobbi Brown CC Cream had the most wonderful, natural finish and the color correcting properties, natural sheer coverage and overall wear were perfect for me. So my search continues and I will probably try Chanel's CC cream next. ...but IT Cosmetics' CC Cream unfortunately wasn't it for me.

I feel like I am in the minority here, but I honestly do not care for this product whatsoever. I have an array of foundations I use for different occasions and events. I thought this might be a good "one and done" for me on days I want some CC but not the fuss of full on makeup. The texture on me was bleh. The feel was meh. For the price, I believe you are much better off purchasing drug store item than spend your money on this.

To be fair, I like makeup. I like makeup of all kinds. I have what you would call a collection. To me this product is barely mediocre. I would much rather go out in public with my sunscreen, hourglass mineral veil, and a little powder before I would use this again. I've never written such a negative review before, and I am surprised by my absolute disdain for this product.

Again, I am in the minority it seems. If you are really intrigued by this product, I would suggest getting the trial size first.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Before reading the reviews, I was in a large department store where I passed by the IT counter and got sucked into buying this CC cream. I had to wake up early that day and did not have a good night sleep, hence the impulse buy, which I really regret.
This cream feels on the skin like melted plastic - sorry, I cannot find a better comparison - and reminds me of the Clinique Even Better foundation. It just sat on my skin, and despite my skin being dry, it did not moisturize at all. The color (light) is OK for my NC20-25 skin, although it is slightly too dark, but I can get away with it. It did nothing to hide my blemishes and age spots, did not even reduce them slightly and the worst thing is the oily look.
Unfortunately in the UK, you cannot return cosmetics, unless you can prove that you had a bad reaction to it.
I am thinking of getting rid of it on eBay, or use it as a sunscreen when I go on holiday to warmer sunnier countries, as this was a very expensive mistake.
The only good thing about this cream is the packaging.

Had a sample size, wore it today at the pool in Austin TX heat and it caused clogging and acne around my nose and forehead. Tossing into garbage...I use Smashbox BB Water and it's amazing. I have very reactive skin that gets clogged easily and the BB Water is amazing. :)

Still on the fence with this... I started using this a few weeks ago after using Lioele BB Cream for YEARS. Very similar product, but this has lower coverage than Lioele. I do like the shade range on this product, but I'm not sure if my skin likes it. I'm not prone to break outs AT ALL, but this is breaking out my face a bit. I'm going to give it some more time to try it out, but I'm going back to Asian BB creams after this.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Heavy. Like wearing clay on my face. There are so few colors that it would be really hard to get a great match. Within 15 minutes of having it on it looked globby and settled into my pores. And
it just felt so heavy, like my face was suffocating. I couldn't stand it and had to remove it. I don't get what the hype is with this product, really. When I read reviews about this product giving people break outs I'm not surprised at all.