It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

Filtered by skin type : Dry age: 56 & Over

4.6

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I mix in a little of their illuminating CC cream and some of the bronzing as well. A little goes a long way. It lasts all day long and makes me look younger. I love it.

I love this. As someone with mature skin, I appreciate the lightweight coverage combined with 50 spf. I continually try other products but keep coming back to this. Best applied with a sponge over moisturizer and primer. I know that every skin is different but this one works for me. Love it.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I would give this a 4.5. My skin is a mess - acne scars, sun spots, redness, dry spots, crow's feet, dark circles - you name it. I need a full coverage foundation but the last few years all brands feel like a mask, I'm just tired of wearing all that makeup, plus my life circumstances have changed dramatically so I often have very little time to get presentable. My daughter is a makeup artist and she recommended this CC cream. My skin is very dry so I wear it over moisturizer; a pea sized blob dotted on my face does the job, I blend it with my fingers. If I'm really in a hurry I add It Cosmetics cheek and lip balm in Rose and go, otherwise I pat concealer on the worst spots and set with a little powder which gives enough coverage to satisfy me and still feels light and comfortable. It has a pleasant grapefruit scent that only lasts during application, the texture spreads evenly and I find blending medium and tan together give me the best color match. I've been using this for a couple months and I do think my skin looks a little better overall.

I am NW 20 and mix two shades fair & light and I've gotten the perfect shade for me. I wasn't sure I loved it on bare skin or even over my Olay 7 effects moisturizer but I decided to put my hourglass serum primer under it and wow - Great results that lasted for hours and hours. I like it because I think it's less detectable as a foundation although I still love my Nars sheer glow (it just looks a little fake under office lighting). So I'll save my Nars for evenings -where it looks great under restaurant lighting - and continue to wear this for now ---until the next best thing comes around
I apply it with fingers and then use a foundation brush to smooth it further and then a damp beauty blender to push it into my skin and follow with RCMA no color powder lightly.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is amazing to me! I love everything about it. I use the color Medium and, luckily, it's a perfect match for me. It applies flawlessly. I usually just use my fingers which saves me time since I don't have to wash my foundation brush as often. First of all, it has the most efficient SPF on the market - mineral sunscreens. I like more of a full coverage, and this can give me that. My skin looks radiant and dewy after application! What more could I ask for?! And it's great to know it's packed with fabulous skin care. A little story: I'd had a hair color appointment and came from a facial - makeup-free. After my hair was done, I began to use my It CC Cream. My hair colorist, who is a man and does not wear any kind of makeup, was watching me. He couldn't believe his eyes! He watched as I rubbed the cream into my skin, and he finally said, "I can't believe I'm standing here watching you apply your makeup, but it's just so amazing how this product makes you look!" Well, that says it all!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I may be the oldest living reader/reviewer, but I still am concerned about my skin, about sun protection and about looking as youthful as I can. And for that I have always turned to Chantecaille for makeup despite its horrendous prices, and recently switched to Asian skin care which is gentle and extremely hydrating. That said, the enthusiasm for this product here on MUA, plus the sun protection this CC cream offers, made me curious enough to try it.

I ordered Light, which looked a bit greyish when I first squeezed a tiny drop on my wrist. Ugh, another ashy cream I thought. And it was thick, almost concealer thick. I dotted it on my face, blended it with a foundation brush and was surprised that it looked like ---my skin! The color was perfect, the product undetectable. This was/is the best CC cream yet. And I am depending on it now for daily life. It does not have Chantecaille's light elegance, but it is amazing in its ability to give you an absolutely natural look, not emphasize lines, even out tone, protect from sun, and last all day. I would certainly bring sunscreen going to the beach, but ordinarily it does a good job and stays put. For that, I turn to it most days; I do not think I can do better and am about to order a second tube.

I would suggest that if you decide to try it, go easy, use very little, dotting it sparingly as they say, as otherwise it might disappoint. I use a slightly damp foundation brush which works well.

I walked into the store to purchase a light foundation to mix with the one I had been matched with which was too dark. I told the associate to excuse the flaking caused by my retinol product. She came back with a bottle of the It primer serum and the flakes were instantly gone. Then she used the CC Cream on top. I did not expect much. I looked amazing and it took a few years off my face.
The coverage was good enough to cover or diminish the look of a couple of age spots.
Apparently my other primer and foundation products were just to drying for my skin. After I left, I ran my errands and kept checking my face. There was no dryness and no pilling. Using these two products is so easy than applying four as I had to do previously.
The thrill of it all was that the associate was not an It rep. so she did not try to promote additional product.
I am 58 with skin on the dryer side and am fighting wrinkles. If your skin is like mine, sample it and expect to be pleased.

My initial review of this product was a good one but upon continued use I just found it to be too greasy / oily for my face. I am not a huge fan of BB or CC creams anyway - think they are mostly for the young who have great complexions - but this one, after the day was done, just didn't work out for me. I would much rather use a good pore reducing primer and foundation than one of these anyway.