It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

Filtered by age: 44-55

3.8

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

DO NOT USE THIS IF YOU ARE ALLERGIC TO CITRUS!!!

I found out the hard way (someone put it on me during a mini makeover at Sephora before I could stop them. I had hives for a week).

Why??? Why would anyone put orange, grapefruit, lemon and lime oil in a product designed for sensitive and rosacea prone skin??? It makes no sense!!!

Anyway, I took Benadryl and cortisone cream for a week, and was left feeling sad because it seems that those who aren’t sensitive generally seem to like the formula otherwise.

Do you know when I came on here to review I was all "can I be the ONLY one who doesn't love this CC cream?" I was literally relieved to see the people in my age bracket have many of the same "meh" and "it's a no" response that I did with this incredibly hyped and popular cream.... One thing I noticed with myself and many other people who don't love it is the fact that there is an ingredient that is sucking the moisture out of our face and making it look very dry. I WISH I knew who the culprit ingredient is! I have normal to dry skin - NC 20/25 and I use this in Light. Fair is a bit too light. I just don't get how this cc cream can make my skin look so bad. I feel like I'm a FAIL with so many IT cosmetics when so many others love them! What can I say that's positive... hmmm... well, the packaging is good. The premise is good in that it has such a high physical sunscreen and good for your skin actives... but there is not much more positive things for me to report on. It sits in my marionette lines and highlights the crepiness under my eyes. I have tried both the regular version and the glow/glitter version... I've tried them combined, separately, with a brush, with a blender, with my fingers... and it still continues to show me no love. What prompted me to write this review is that I thought I will give this CC cream ONE more shot today and all I want to do is go home and wash my face b/c it feels so tight and dry.... For me, Illuminaire is a much better (though lower in SPF) mineral makeup cream. But for my skin, I think I will stick with GA Luminous Silk, Face Atelier, and Shiseido Syncro Glow. I do want to try Osmosis though.. but this is a FINAL pass from me. It's getting de-cluttered.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I only use it for "heavier" make up nights/days. It works incredibly well. I use such a small amount. No creeping, no edging, just a very good product. Not drying. No rash (sensitive skin).

I feel like I am in the minority here, but I honestly do not care for this product whatsoever. I have an array of foundations I use for different occasions and events. I thought this might be a good "one and done" for me on days I want some CC but not the fuss of full on makeup. The texture on me was bleh. The feel was meh. For the price, I believe you are much better off purchasing drug store item than spend your money on this.

To be fair, I like makeup. I like makeup of all kinds. I have what you would call a collection. To me this product is barely mediocre. I would much rather go out in public with my sunscreen, hourglass mineral veil, and a little powder before I would use this again. I've never written such a negative review before, and I am surprised by my absolute disdain for this product.

Again, I am in the minority it seems. If you are really intrigued by this product, I would suggest getting the trial size first.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Good coverage and hydration for my 50 year old dry skin. Would recommend to anyone who no longer likes the feel or look of foundation on their skin but wants more coverage than a tinted moisturiser.

I purchased a travel size of this CC at Ulta for $15. I am NC25 and found the "Light" color to dark for me, I also applied 1/4 tsp of this to my face (it wasn't easy, this product is thick) to make sure I was getting the SPF coverage I needed I applied this over my Replenix CF serum and oil-free moisturizer.

I am normal to oily (t-zone) and found it to be heavy, suffocating, and it smelled faintly of lemons, (luckily it didn't linger). It was greasy going on, but was wearable with powder on my t-zone, Unfortunately it got increasingly drier as the day went on, and this coupled with the too dark shade looked terrible and aged me - not the look I was going for at all :(

I was looking for a CC cream to wear on the weekends with a high mineral SPF, buildable, unscented coverage, and good color match, this product met only one of those criteria (SPF).

If your normal to dry, like a full coverage CC cream, and can find a color match, this may work for you. It was a "NO" for me though.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Before reading the reviews, I was in a large department store where I passed by the IT counter and got sucked into buying this CC cream. I had to wake up early that day and did not have a good night sleep, hence the impulse buy, which I really regret.
This cream feels on the skin like melted plastic - sorry, I cannot find a better comparison - and reminds me of the Clinique Even Better foundation. It just sat on my skin, and despite my skin being dry, it did not moisturize at all. The color (light) is OK for my NC20-25 skin, although it is slightly too dark, but I can get away with it. It did nothing to hide my blemishes and age spots, did not even reduce them slightly and the worst thing is the oily look.
Unfortunately in the UK, you cannot return cosmetics, unless you can prove that you had a bad reaction to it.
I am thinking of getting rid of it on eBay, or use it as a sunscreen when I go on holiday to warmer sunnier countries, as this was a very expensive mistake.
The only good thing about this cream is the packaging.

I believe I've finally found my HG! At 55 I still have oily skin w/ large pores, slightly textur-y surface and sun damage/broken capillaries. Oh and fine lines and a few wrinkles. Good times. I've used powders for years and as I've aged, I've become less happy with texture and coverage. I have tried all kinds of foundations, BBs, TMs - drugstore to quite spendy - and watched them accentuate pores and fine lines and sit on top of my skin in a heavy, shiny mask. With or without primers and finishing powders. After seeing all the great reviews and seeking a natural look, I ordered this in medium. I am still experimenting with application and prep, but after a couple of unsuccessful attempts, I think I've found what works for me. This morning I just applied my serum and moisturized around my eyes and lips. Since this product claims to be a moisturizer, serum and primer along with the rest I stopped there and gave it a few minutes to soak in. I then warmed one pump and tapped and spread around lightly, then used a brush to finish. (I played with a beauty blender all weekend - will keep experimenting as it seems to be everybody's favorite - just can't seem to get the dampness level right and wasn't feeling the love.) And I wasn't overly thrilled this morning either. I could see where it sat in my pores and it looked a little heavier than I like. But I had to get to work, so I gave it a light dusting of ELf HD powder and finished my makeup. When I got to work, I went into the bathroom and had a look prayingI didn't look like I was wearing a greasy mask. Dang girl! Pulled out my purse magnifying mirror (55...) and hurried to a window. I don't know what happened, but somewhere in that short time it seemed to have "settled." I could hardly see my pores and while not flawless (I prefer a more natural look, so I'm cool with that.), imperfections were nicely covered, tone was even and smooth and it literally looked like "my skin, but better." Over six hours later there is a tiny bit of t-zone shine, but not even enough to bother with blotting, much less powdering. It isn't cheap, but keep in mind a little goes a looooong way so it's 100% worth it to me. As I said, I will continue to experiment with prep and application (and will update if I find my "angel choir" method), but if it doesn't get any better than this, I am thrilled!

March 7, 2018 Yeah... I got on this on perfectly exactly once and was never able to duplicate it for some reason. Had to move on... :-(

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I have altered my review to reflect my response to the packaging. While the tube and the pump are hygienic, I know I'm going to eventually have to cut the end off and it's going to dry out. If the pump could be stored upside down so that the foundation settles in the bottom, it would be better. Meanwhile, I'm still loving the product.
I have been searching for a foundation that doesn’t break up and go weird on me, while covering my sun damage, offering a decent spf and doesn’t irritate my skin. I purchased a mini from Sephora and haven’t looked back. I apply with a brush and it looks great - not mask-like. It feels hydrating and light on as well. I have been receiving compliments since I have been wearing this - even from my husband - who wouldnt notice if I grew another head.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I think I've given up on this product. It's a decent medium coverage foundation and the SPF is great but it's just not for me.

First off the SPF really works! I went to Machu Picchu and lost my sunscreen. I wore this and didn't get any color on my face at all.

The two areas I'm struggling with are color and dryness. First - color. I am easy to match in most brands but I can't seem to get a good match with this product. Fair is too light and light is too dark. If I mix them together it still doesn't work. The light match isn't terrible but it doesn't blend into my neck very well. That bugs me.

As for the dryness - yikes. After a couple of hours my face feels tight and dry. It's uncomfortable. I even used some hydrating spray. It still feels tight and dry.

This isn't a terrible product, it's just not for me.