It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

Filtered by age: 44-55

3.8

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Have been using it as my only foundation for over nine moths - I'm on my third tube (the first one was small travel size, the rest regular ones). Each regular tube lasts me about five months. No breakouts, even in the tropical climate. Nice glow, stays half a day or a bit more, natural looking, economical ohh, and no breakouts - virtually the only foundation/bb except Boots Seventeen Magic BB that doesn't cause adult acne. I love the fact that the sunscreen is physical. I use a damp Real Technique sponge and put two thin layers with a five minute interval.
Cons: medium coverage, gets into my wrinkles.
NB I had a sample of the pink one with illumination and had a moderate breakout. Looked too shiny for y liking, whereas this one looks naturally healthy.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't get the hype.
It is a CC cream with medium coverage that does nothing to smooth, blur or anything else I found compelling about this.

The packaging is excellent as one can transport easily and the pump is excellent.

So far I am loving this. I'm 48 with combo/dry skin and this gives just enough coverage for my rosacea redness (I still need concealer for dark circles and a few blemishes). It has a nice finish, glowy but not dewy or sparkly. I thought it would be too olive-toned for my skin (in the lightest shade) but it's perfect and looks natural under all kinds of light. I love the broad spectrum SPF which is why I bought it since I hated to have to apply sunscreen then foundation, and worry that my foundation might be rubbing off the sunscreen in places. Yes, it gets oily in my t-zone but I just use powder and it's fine. Holds up for the full day. Does not highlight pores or fine lines. I'm a little worried, after reading some of the reviews, and I hope it doesn't make me break out. Will update if it does.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This did not sink into wrinkles which is why I liked it. And of course the spf 50 and healthy ingredients is another reason to love it. My problem with it was the lack of coverage but it is called your skin but better. I agree with this. It really does look like my skin but better. I like flawless skin. So what I end up doing is putting Estée Lauder double wear foundation over top of this. I do top it with the cc perfecting powder that It Cosmetics sells which is awesome. It is lightweight powder and not cakey at all. I then use a setting spray to help it all seal together and stay put. I think I will continue to use this under my foundation as I like the benafits it gives my skin. It seems a bit pricey the way I use it but for skin care i think it is worth it. Aging skin is a challenge to find the right products and this is one of the better ones out there. It is creamy and feels really nice on the skin. I also like the faint clean smell it has. This makes me want to put it on my skin. I bought it at Ulta and wear the medium color. It's the end of summer so my skin may have a more color right now. I'm NC25 (ELDW ecru 1N1) in the winter and NC30 (ELDW Dusk 3C1)in the summer for reference.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I don't like the consistency, I don't like the odor. I don't like the the color. It sits on my skin and looks artificial and unnatural. It is long lasting. It transfers to my clothes and all are stained. I used for 2 weeks and would throw away. Also the pump doesn't dispense well and splashes around.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It took a little while to get this to work for me. I tried it at first without a moisturiser underneath using a brush, my fingers and a make-up sponge, but it always seemed to be too thick and settled in my lines. The solution, at least for me, is to apply my usual moisturiser, wait a couple of minutes, then apply a very small amount (less than half a pump) of the cc cream (I use the IT Cosmetics luxe brush). A little goes a long way! It's expensive, but a tube should last a long time. You can adjust the coverage by applying more or less. It doesn't seem greasy and doesn't dry my skin out. I also like that it has SPF 50. I'm really happy with this product and will continue to use it.

EDIT: I've also experimented with applying primer underneath, and that works as well.

PREFACE: I HATE products with sunscreen....they almost ALWAYS cause me to break out. I have combo/dehydrated/oily on occasion/ acne prone when provoked skin and the one thing that WILL provoke it is sunscreen or products that contain sunscreen. I normally avoid them like the plague, but this one little product is getting along with my very bitchy skin at the moment....

THE PRODUCT/COVERAGE: This is in the realm of what I consider "tinted moisturizers", which I am normally not a fan of, but want to be. I'm not a fan because, as mentioned above, I am clearly allergic to something in both chemical and physical forms of sunscreen...and allergic probably isn't the correct term...sensitive is more appropriate, I suppose. This super creamy formula has phenomenal coverage, simply put. I have to monitor myself on not using too much, because I'm so used to the traditional tinted moisturizer product requiring more to even out my skin tone, but not with this little gem. This is a thicker "cream" consistency that applies beautifully with a sponge or brush (I like using both) and the coverage leans on the side of medium to could be full for the type of product it is. ** I will mention that I have tried the "luminous" version of this product and despised it. I looked like I had just spent the day flipping burgers and running a fryer back in high school at BK...not flattering. The luminous version also broke me out.** I do set this with a powder (lightly) and I do use a concealer with it. It can be built up for more coverage and I have actually worn it on work days, which is something I never imagined doing with this type of product. If you use too much it WILL look cakey, that I can promise you. Using a lighter hand is best and building as needed works like a dream.

SHADES: What I really love is that the shade range does not run too much on the pink side, which is what I desire in shade matching. My skin changes its mind daily on what undertone it's going to take on, I use the shade medium and it seems to balance my skin out nicely. It has a good range of shades, as well.

OVERALL: I do enjoy this "tinted moisturize" product. I find myself reaching for it quite a bit during these hot summer days. I would probably repurchase it, especially since it contains sunscreen and doesn't cause my skin to go into fits. It has enough coverage for a night out OR a beach day (for the protection alone). Price isn't too steep, either. I would recommend getting the "travel" tube from Sephora (or wherever) to try it out first, as it is not a fit for everyone (and that's how I tried it out at a bit of a cheaper price)!

I love this product. The spf 50 sunscreen is a mineral based sunscreen, not a chemical sunscreen. I react badly to all the chemical sunscreens and I can actually use this product. Provides great, smooth coverage.

I just purchased my 4th tube of this CC cream and I'm so happy with it. My first purchase was the original formula in Light and that was too dark. My second purchase was the original formula in Light AND the Illuminating formula in Fair to mix together. That was pretty good but the sparkly stuff looked really odd as the day wore on. Yesterday I purchased the original formula in Fair and now it's perfect!!! I'm a makeup artist and work for for Estée Lauder and Clinique. I love their products so much but I still like to "cocktail" my favorites to create new "skin finishes." My challenges when choosing products at other retailers is that they try to sell you colors that are too dark, or too light in some cases. When I shop at stores like Ulta and Sephora the BA's tend to push the wrong colors. From now on I'm going to go in bare faced and do my experimenting on my own. I recommend that you go outside with a mirror and examine your makeup in natural light. That's the best advice I can give!

I purchased this about 3 months ago from Ulta. I've only worn it twice before this weekend, so couldn't really review until now. I wore this the last 2 days while away. Both days were very hot, humid, and spent the majority outdoors, walking for roughly 5 miles minimum every day, in the blazing sun. This stuff stayed on my face - it didn't melt or sweat off. Unbelievable.

I have the color 'light', and its a really great match. At first putting it on, it always seems a tad too light, but after a few minutes, it melds into the skin and.............viola??

So obviously I got this for the skin ingredients and the sunscreen. I put this on bare, per the directions - no moisturizer, and I use my fingers to apply. It is creamy, not too thick, and a little seems to go a long way, and I love the tube with the pump. Very travel friendly. It does leave an overly-dewy/shiny look, so I just very lightly tapped some powder over it. This was very natural looking on me, and I think its because of the close color match. It did not accentuate any of the bad stuff: lines, wrinkles. It has great coverage without looking mask like.

I'm impressed with how it performed over my travel weekend. i will purchase again. $38 for the tube, which initially I thought was over priced, but now I know its worth it to me. This will last me quite a while as well.
'