It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

Filtered by age: 44-55

3.9

I believe I've finally found my HG! At 55 I still have oily skin w/ large pores, slightly textur-y surface and sun damage/broken capillaries. Oh and fine lines and a few wrinkles. Good times. I've used powders for years and as I've aged, I've become less happy with texture and coverage. I have tried all kinds of foundations, BBs, TMs - drugstore to quite spendy - and watched them accentuate pores and fine lines and sit on top of my skin in a heavy, shiny mask. With or without primers and finishing powders. After seeing all the great reviews and seeking a natural look, I ordered this in medium. I am still experimenting with application and prep, but after a couple of unsuccessful attempts, I think I've found what works for me. This morning I just applied my serum and moisturized around my eyes and lips. Since this product claims to be a moisturizer, serum and primer along with the rest I stopped there and gave it a few minutes to soak in. I then warmed one pump and tapped and spread around lightly, then used a brush to finish. (I played with a beauty blender all weekend - will keep experimenting as it seems to be everybody's favorite - just can't seem to get the dampness level right and wasn't feeling the love.) And I wasn't overly thrilled this morning either. I could see where it sat in my pores and it looked a little heavier than I like. But I had to get to work, so I gave it a light dusting of ELf HD powder and finished my makeup. When I got to work, I went into the bathroom and had a look prayingI didn't look like I was wearing a greasy mask. Dang girl! Pulled out my purse magnifying mirror (55...) and hurried to a window. I don't know what happened, but somewhere in that short time it seemed to have "settled." I could hardly see my pores and while not flawless (I prefer a more natural look, so I'm cool with that.), imperfections were nicely covered, tone was even and smooth and it literally looked like "my skin, but better." Over six hours later there is a tiny bit of t-zone shine, but not even enough to bother with blotting, much less powdering. It isn't cheap, but keep in mind a little goes a looooong way so it's 100% worth it to me. As I said, I will continue to experiment with prep and application (and will update if I find my "angel choir" method), but if it doesn't get any better than this, I am thrilled!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I have altered my review to reflect my response to the packaging. While the tube and the pump are hygienic, I know I'm going to eventually have to cut the end off and it's going to dry out. If the pump could be stored upside down so that the foundation settles in the bottom, it would be better. Meanwhile, I'm still loving the product.
I have been searching for a foundation that doesn’t break up and go weird on me, while covering my sun damage, offering a decent spf and doesn’t irritate my skin. I purchased a mini from Sephora and haven’t looked back. I apply with a brush and it looks great - not mask-like. It feels hydrating and light on as well. I have been receiving compliments since I have been wearing this - even from my husband - who wouldnt notice if I grew another head.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I think I've given up on this product. It's a decent medium coverage foundation and the SPF is great but it's just not for me.

First off the SPF really works! I went to Machu Picchu and lost my sunscreen. I wore this and didn't get any color on my face at all.

The two areas I'm struggling with are color and dryness. First - color. I am easy to match in most brands but I can't seem to get a good match with this product. Fair is too light and light is too dark. If I mix them together it still doesn't work. The light match isn't terrible but it doesn't blend into my neck very well. That bugs me.

As for the dryness - yikes. After a couple of hours my face feels tight and dry. It's uncomfortable. I even used some hydrating spray. It still feels tight and dry.

This isn't a terrible product, it's just not for me.

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Excellent coverage!!
Stays on!!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is such an odd product that I can't make up my mind how I feel about it. Some days I really quite like it and other days I hate it. I have it in 2 shades. Tan and Medium and I usually have to combine the 2 together to get the right shade. When you first put this on it looks like it's giving really good medium to full coverage but after it has had about 15-20 min to settle it sort changes to a light or light medium coverage. I don't really mind that as I prefer a lighter coverage but if you have used a full coverage concealer with it than the concealer will really become obvious as this cream slowly diminishes. Now even though it changes to a lighter coverage at no point does it feel light on the skin. It is very thick and you can definitely feel the product whenever you touch your face. I have full coverage foundations that feel 10 times lighter on the skin. It dries down if you put it directly on the skin with no other products underneath but I don't like the finish that gives me. If you put it over a primer then the finish is smoother but it stays tacky for a long time. There is also something very odd about the color. It goes on looking quite warm and luminous. The color doesn't change exactly but there is like some sort of grey undertone to it that leaves me looking dead and dull. Yet the finish is luminous. How is possible to look dead and luminous at the same time? LOL, I don't know, perhaps that dull undertone is caused by the sunscreen. Worst of all though is that it negatively impacts the condition of my skin. I wore this every day for 2 weeks and at that time I was trying to figure out what the heck was going on with my skin. It had become completely devoid of any moisture whatsoever. I started slathering hydration creams and masks on at nighttime trying to get some hydration back into my skin. At first I didn't make the connection between using the IT CC cream and my overly dry skin because I have pretty tough skin and rarely have any negative reactions to any cosmetics. When it did occur to me that perhaps this new skin problem might be related to the CC product, I immediately stopped using it and lo and behold within about a week my skin started to look better. Again I think this might be related to the high SPF. It is a physical sunscreen which has zinc as an ingredient which can be quite drying.

Now all that negativity aside I wouldn't say that this is a totally terrible product. It does give coverage and it can look nice but there is some trial and error to it. Use too much and it will look cakey and emphasis lines and wrinkles. Use to little and it won't look like it's doing anything at all. Use it on it's own and it might feel too dry and wear off too fast, use it over a moisturizer or a primer and it might never dry down and feel moist and tacky all day. It's also wears differently over different primers. So I feel like this can look really nice but you have to try wearing a variety of different ways with different products to find the best way to wear it. There are some days that I think it looks quite pretty and other days I wonder why I keep using it. Now I only use it maybe once or twice a week when I know I need some good SPF because it is far too drying for everyday use. I guess my skin is better suited to chemical sunscreens. Once it's gone I probably won't repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Have been using it as my only foundation for over nine moths - I'm on my third tube (the first one was small travel size, the rest regular ones). Each regular tube lasts me about five months. No breakouts, even in the tropical climate. Nice glow, stays half a day or a bit more, natural looking, economical ohh, and no breakouts - virtually the only foundation/bb except Boots Seventeen Magic BB that doesn't cause adult acne. I love the fact that the sunscreen is physical. I use a damp Real Technique sponge and put two thin layers with a five minute interval.
Cons: medium coverage, gets into my wrinkles.
NB I had a sample of the pink one with illumination and had a moderate breakout. Looked too shiny for y liking, whereas this one looks naturally healthy.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't get the hype.
It is a CC cream with medium coverage that does nothing to smooth, blur or anything else I found compelling about this.

The packaging is excellent as one can transport easily and the pump is excellent.

So far I am loving this. I'm 48 with combo/dry skin and this gives just enough coverage for my rosacea redness (I still need concealer for dark circles and a few blemishes). It has a nice finish, glowy but not dewy or sparkly. I thought it would be too olive-toned for my skin (in the lightest shade) but it's perfect and looks natural under all kinds of light. I love the broad spectrum SPF which is why I bought it since I hated to have to apply sunscreen then foundation, and worry that my foundation might be rubbing off the sunscreen in places. Yes, it gets oily in my t-zone but I just use powder and it's fine. Holds up for the full day. Does not highlight pores or fine lines. I'm a little worried, after reading some of the reviews, and I hope it doesn't make me break out. Will update if it does.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This did not sink into wrinkles which is why I liked it. And of course the spf 50 and healthy ingredients is another reason to love it. My problem with it was the lack of coverage but it is called your skin but better. I agree with this. It really does look like my skin but better. I like flawless skin. So what I end up doing is putting Estée Lauder double wear foundation over top of this. I do top it with the cc perfecting powder that It Cosmetics sells which is awesome. It is lightweight powder and not cakey at all. I then use a setting spray to help it all seal together and stay put. I think I will continue to use this under my foundation as I like the benafits it gives my skin. It seems a bit pricey the way I use it but for skin care i think it is worth it. Aging skin is a challenge to find the right products and this is one of the better ones out there. It is creamy and feels really nice on the skin. I also like the faint clean smell it has. This makes me want to put it on my skin. I bought it at Ulta and wear the medium color. It's the end of summer so my skin may have a more color right now. I'm NC25 (ELDW ecru 1N1) in the winter and NC30 (ELDW Dusk 3C1)in the summer for reference.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I don't like the consistency, I don't like the odor. I don't like the the color. It sits on my skin and looks artificial and unnatural. It is long lasting. It transfers to my clothes and all are stained. I used for 2 weeks and would throw away. Also the pump doesn't dispense well and splashes around.