It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

Filtered by skin type : Dry age: 36-43

3.6

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Neutral

I really wanted to like this, but sadly it just felt so heavy on my skin, like i had a couple of layers of foundation on my skin. Which is strange since my skin is pretty dry. I prefer the laniege cushions over this.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

For a while it was unavailable UK so the moment my foot touched American soil I made a dash to an Ulta in Portland to have a look at it. The British You Tubers were raving about it so after a quick swatching session (I went with it in 'Light' which perfectly matches my Chanel B20/Dior 020 skin) I skipped happily back to my air B&B to apply it.

I like it is paraben and cruelty free, has a fantastic packaging with a very convenient and well designed pump, it is made in South Korea and they know what they are doing regarding sunscreen + coverage, it is a tinted mineral sunscreen but... there are buts:

- the coverage is WAAAAAY too heavy. I understand it needs to be a dense consistency to offer spf 50 rating (9% Titanium Dioxide and 6.3 % Zinc Oxide which makes it broad spectrum) but to make it work on my face not looking like a mask I hope I'm getting spf 20 (but probably less) with 1 pump of the product (fingers crossed!). So I need to wear another mineral spf underneath in the summer to get some proper protection!

- it contains lemon, bergamot and orange peel oils - which all are photo-reaction inducing, so having these in the sunscreen makes no sense to me. These also give the product a delicate fragrance - a non fragranced sunscreen usually smells revolting so that should explain why the formula has these in.

- price point - it is now available in Selfridges in London and is £30, which seems to be in line with other mineral sunscreens available in UK. Still way too expensive for a product that should be a staple skin protector.

- It gives a nice glow but it really needs to be powdered to not to look like a greasy mess within 2 hours of the application and I have a dry, dehydrated skin! So for the ladies in your 40s... get a sample first before comitting. Sadly powdering does not really help to set it for longer than these 2 hours (after which you should reapply it. No way I will be able to do that in my work environment. I need a stable sunscreen that does not make me a greasy, caked mess in a couple of hours after application and this is not it!) after which it simply disappears from my face, taking away with it all my blush (otherwise long lasting when applied on other foundations), concealer/highlighter leaving a shiny, blotchy mess (as it seems to be disappearing in patches too) with magnified fine lines and crater-like pores. I look like I did not wash off the sad remains of my previous day's makeup!

- It behaves way better in winter when it does not need to be powdered at all (stay way away from any 'glow' powders like Hourglass ones in this case!) and when we have 3 hours of daylight in Scotland. What is the point of it then though with its spf 50?

- I tried apply it on a matifying primer from Benefit (I had a tiny sample tube) in hope of extending the two hours lasting mark but to no avail. Same with a silicone based primer from YSL (Touche Eclat one) which I'm trying to finish off and none of these really seem to make any difference. I tried to apply it with a beauty blender to sheer it out a little bit but it still did not look like I like my foundations/sunscreens to look like.

I will use it up this summer but I will not repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I so wanted to love this CC cream, just like the majority of reviewers, but alas, sadly I just can't. And I am also quite relieved to see numerous reviewers in my age group having the same issues, but let's start with the positives:

Pros:
- SPF50
- Genius packaging, a tube combined with a pump dispenser, fantastic!
- Reasonably priced
- A few of the shades are offered in a smaller version travel tube
Cons:
- Shade range very limited, couldn't find a match for my N/NW15 skin, even the lightest shade "fair" was too yellowish.
- Very thick, matte finish even when I apply a thin layer
- Accentuated pores, fine lines and dry areas on my dry/normal facial skin.

Verdict: Apart from the nice high sun protection and awesome packaging I couldn't agree more with one previous reviewer, who likened the finish of the IT Cosmetics CC Cream to stage makeup. It made my skin - which by itself looks very decent - look matte, with lines and pores exaggerated, not a good look at all! The reason I tried this in the first place is because I am desperate to find a replacement for my beloved Bobbi Brown CC Cream SPF 35 in Blushed Nude - I have used it as long as they made it and then stocked up when Estee Lauder Inc. discontinued it. In the meantime I used up my last backup tubes also. The Bobbi Brown CC Cream had the most wonderful, natural finish and the color correcting properties, natural sheer coverage and overall wear were perfect for me. So my search continues and I will probably try Chanel's CC cream next. ...but IT Cosmetics' CC Cream unfortunately wasn't it for me.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Amazing product..I bought this after getting the suggestion from hotandflashy youtube channel,since i am 40+.I have to be choosy about my foundation..This one is a miracle...It certainly looked like my better skin..Good coverage..as well..Very good lasting power..I am nc40 -42.I bought this on medium,slightly light..thats ok with my winter skin.Will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I first got this in the small sample size on Sephora's website in medium and found it a tad dark so bought it in the store in the larger tube in the shade light cause I loved the coverage. Now it's perfect for my Neutral skin that I have redness to hide that's on the dry side. I use this and set it with Sephora's yellow setting powder and my skin looks flawless. I finally found my match. I am a NW/NC 20 and light works well. This is definitely medium buildable coverage. It's a tad too drying for me but I make it work without a product underneath if I apply it with my fingers and really work it in so it melts into my skin. You can build it up. Nice and thick. I don't smell anything. This is the first foundation type product I've been impressed with in a long time. Exactly what I've been looking for. Covers the redness in my cheeks nicely and I don't need to use a concealer on the days I'm in a hurry under my eyes which I love cuz the yellow undertone cancels out the purple blueish shadow my dark circles cast under my eyes. I will definitely be repurchasing in the future.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Heavy. Like wearing clay on my face. There are so few colors that it would be really hard to get a great match. Within 15 minutes of having it on it looked globby and settled into my pores. And
it just felt so heavy, like my face was suffocating. I couldn't stand it and had to remove it. I don't get what the hype is with this product, really. When I read reviews about this product giving people break outs I'm not surprised at all.

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I purchased this CC cream in the shade fair, which was an excellent match for my NW15 skin. It is a full coverage CC cream that covered my redness from rosacea very well. My trouble was that even applying it with a dampened Beauty Blender and trying it with and without setting powder, it settled into every fine line and wrinkle I have. I had to return it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

As a big The Anna Edit fan, I was eyeing this cc cream up for yonks, Anna being such a fan girl of this stuff. A friend of mine went to the US and bought two of these in Light (she's NW20 and I'm NC20). Coverage is pretty full on, no surprises there. I use a little less than a single pump, apply it with a beautyblender sponge and it that tones it down to medium coverage, which is enough for me (full coverage makes me look dead, because of my freckles) The colour is perfect for me for now, but I suspect that it will be a bit too dark when winter raises its ugly head. I find the colour to be more of a light-medium than an actual light. Fair in the other hand is very, VERY light, so I would only use that to mix with the Light, not on its own, making it a pretty expensive foundation. What I really love about this is the way that it makes me look. I look refreshed and well-rested, even though I'm far from it :'). Redness and dark circles are gone, my skin looks very glowy and evened out. Personally though I wouldn't use a highlighter with this, it would really be too much. Haven't used this long enough to say anything substantial about the anti-aging benefits and all, but I will report on these in future. All in all I really like it, will continue using this and I will probably buy Fair to mix with Light later in the season.

I just bought my second tube, because my first choice (light) was too dark. Fair skinned ladies, this may work for you if you have tanned skin. Currently, I am mixing fair with light. It is just beautiful! My skin is dry but sensitive and acne-prone. I never wore sunscreen on a regular basis until recently. Before I only put it on while at the beach, gardening for a long period, or running a long distance on a sunny day. Needless to say, I have several brown spots that i like to cover. This cc cream is amazing! When I put it on it covers the spots really well. It isn't drying, but it also doesn't make me feel greasy. So far this is my favorite liquid foundation! It is not Cakey or aging. I'm a little sad about the packaging, though. It is sanitary for sure, but I bet it will be difficult to get all the product out as the tube runs low.

I love this product. I have been looking for something like this for a long time and I feel like my search is over. I have been an Estee Lauder Double Wear fan for some time but I am pregnant again and felt like it was leaving my skin dull and dry. My fine lines were really showing up.

I was in Sephora Melbourne last week and asked a sales assistant what she was wearing on her skin because it looked lovely. She told me it was a CC cream and I was immediately turned off because I have tried a few before and was unimpressed with the coverage.

The sales assistant assured me it was a more full coverage so I decided to try because of all the amazing ingredients and the fact that it had such a high SPF.

I was super impressed after my first application, it blends like a dream. It sets to a satin like finish with excellent coverage. It smooths out my fine lines and the light colour is a lovely yellow based tone. It still looked great in the afternoon. I will be wearing this from now and I am interested in trying other products in this brand.