It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

Filtered by age: 36-43

3.7

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is the best foundation ever! it looks like skin. I've found my HG!

So many people love this and it was a complete disappointment for me. It felt greasy and heavy on my skin. It moved around throughout the day into lines I didn’t know I had. After a few days of use, I noticed a burning and stinging on my face after application-not pleasant and a sign of irritation. And the SMELL-I’m surprised more people haven’t commented on it. To me, it smells like sweet citrus with an undertone of vomit. I’m not kidding. It reminds me of the week my kids got the stomach flu. Get a sample or small size before you commit to a larger size because this one is a very expensive YMMV.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased this for a tropical vacation - I figured the high mineral SPF would take care of my sun protection needs while giving me some decent coverage. I was right on both counts but OH BOY DID I HATE WHAT THIS DID TO MY SKIN. Initially, the finish seemed pretty decent - matte but with a tiny bit of luminosity. However, there is something in this that sucked the life right out of my skin. This, coupled with the slightly luminous finish I mentioned highlighted pores and lines that I never even noticed before when I have no makeup on at all!! What the what???

My skin felt dry and tight after a few mins too which is odd because my skin is generally very oily. If you don't experience this type of irritation this might be a pretty decent product! I have had a similar experience with L'Oreal Pro Matte and Estee Lauder Double Wear - all 3 products feel like dry cement on my face after they dry down.

The packaging is pretty awesome - it's not glam but the squeeze tube/pump combo is super sanitary. A little bit of product also seems to go a long way, so the value here is pretty good despite the price. However, the irritation this caused mean I took this back to Sephora asap!

Pros:
-nice finish
-high mineral SPF
-highly concentrated product
-good value

Cons:
-drying, irritating formula
-highlights pores and fine lines

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

For a while it was unavailable UK so the moment my foot touched American soil I made a dash to an Ulta in Portland to have a look at it. The British You Tubers were raving about it so after a quick swatching session (I went with it in 'Light' which perfectly matches my Chanel B20/Dior 020 skin) I skipped happily back to my air B&B to apply it.

I like it is paraben and cruelty free, has a fantastic packaging with a very convenient and well designed pump, it is made in South Korea and they know what they are doing regarding sunscreen + coverage, it is a tinted mineral sunscreen but... there are buts:

- the coverage is WAAAAAY too heavy. I understand it needs to be a dense consistency to offer spf 50 rating (9% Titanium Dioxide and 6.3 % Zinc Oxide which makes it broad spectrum) but to make it work on my face not looking like a mask I hope I'm getting spf 20 (but probably less) with 1 pump of the product (fingers crossed!). So I need to wear another mineral spf underneath in the summer to get some proper protection!

- it contains lemon, bergamot and orange peel oils - which all are photo-reaction inducing, so having these in the sunscreen makes no sense to me. These also give the product a delicate fragrance - a non fragranced sunscreen usually smells revolting so that should explain why the formula has these in.

- price point - it is now available in Selfridges in London and is £30, which seems to be in line with other mineral sunscreens available in UK. Still way too expensive for a product that should be a staple skin protector.

- It gives a nice glow but it really needs to be powdered to not to look like a greasy mess within 2 hours of the application and I have a dry, dehydrated skin! So for the ladies in your 40s... get a sample first before comitting. Sadly powdering does not really help to set it for longer than these 2 hours (after which you should reapply it. No way I will be able to do that in my work environment. I need a stable sunscreen that does not make me a greasy, caked mess in a couple of hours after application and this is not it!) after which it simply disappears from my face, taking away with it all my blush (otherwise long lasting when applied on other foundations), concealer/highlighter leaving a shiny, blotchy mess (as it seems to be disappearing in patches too) with magnified fine lines and crater-like pores. I look like I did not wash off the sad remains of my previous day's makeup!

- It behaves way better in winter when it does not need to be powdered at all (stay way away from any 'glow' powders like Hourglass ones in this case!) and when we have 3 hours of daylight in Scotland. What is the point of it then though with its spf 50?

- I tried apply it on a matifying primer from Benefit (I had a tiny sample tube) in hope of extending the two hours lasting mark but to no avail. Same with a silicone based primer from YSL (Touche Eclat one) which I'm trying to finish off and none of these really seem to make any difference. I tried to apply it with a beauty blender to sheer it out a little bit but it still did not look like I like my foundations/sunscreens to look like.

I will use it up this summer but I will not repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I so wanted to love this CC cream, just like the majority of reviewers, but alas, sadly I just can't. And I am also quite relieved to see numerous reviewers in my age group having the same issues, but let's start with the positives:

Pros:
- SPF50
- Genius packaging, a tube combined with a pump dispenser, fantastic!
- Reasonably priced
- A few of the shades are offered in a smaller version travel tube
Cons:
- Shade range very limited, couldn't find a match for my N/NW15 skin, even the lightest shade "fair" was too yellowish.
- Very thick, matte finish even when I apply a thin layer
- Accentuated pores, fine lines and dry areas on my dry/normal facial skin.

Verdict: Apart from the nice high sun protection and awesome packaging I couldn't agree more with one previous reviewer, who likened the finish of the IT Cosmetics CC Cream to stage makeup. It made my skin - which by itself looks very decent - look matte, with lines and pores exaggerated, not a good look at all! The reason I tried this in the first place is because I am desperate to find a replacement for my beloved Bobbi Brown CC Cream SPF 35 in Blushed Nude - I have used it as long as they made it and then stocked up when Estee Lauder Inc. discontinued it. In the meantime I used up my last backup tubes also. The Bobbi Brown CC Cream had the most wonderful, natural finish and the color correcting properties, natural sheer coverage and overall wear were perfect for me. So my search continues and I will probably try Chanel's CC cream next. ...but IT Cosmetics' CC Cream unfortunately wasn't it for me.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This was AWFUL got a sample from Macys, made my pores look huge..and my face Greasy
and it covered NOTHING, had to wash my face and use my foundation,,, this product SUCKS

All I can say is this was a big bucket of nope. Very hydrating and seems to leave a slight shimmery/dewy finish. I didn't feel this product set at all. Accentuated pores. Yuck!! Glad I just got a sample.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I loved the sample, but the full size isn't working for me. I don't know if it's a different formula or what. It's not terrible, and I'm hoping with summer coming I may learn to love it again. The coverage is okay, but I just am not liking the texture, and the smell is just overpowering. It wasn't as noticeable in the sample.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this based on all they hype and really wanted to love it. I LOVE that it has SPF 50 in it, but I’m not blown away by how it looks on my skin. The shade range is pretty bad; I am fair but the light color looks too yellow/ orange for me. I can make it work for the most part, but it doesn’t provide enough coverage for me. They came out with a full coverage moisturizer with SPF 50 that I want to try; hopefully in a trial size though so I don’t blow a bunch of more money on a so-so product.

This makes my skin look great. It is so soft, like a lotion but adds a nice glow and coverage to my skin. I use thicker foundation for parts of my face that need coverage more and just use this underneath. I like how it looks and you can even rub it on your neck. It was non-irritating, and I find it to be a great formulation.