It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

Filtered by age: 36-43

3.9

I received a small tube in medium to try, but eventually switched to light when I purchased and I'm about a NC25 or so. I initially didn't like this as I went in thinking it would be a CC cream, but as others have said it is more of a foundation finish. If I'm having a good skin week I think it out a little with Burberry Fresh Glow luminizer. If I'm breakout city or covering discoloration marks it does great at full strength, partly because it does seem to color correct as well. This is what I travel with if I'm only taking one type of foundation and the packaging is great, why don't all expensive foundations come with a pump!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is definitely one of my favorite cc creams! I love that it's good for your skin to, well as good as it can be:) Lasts a long time to.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I initially purchased this in the shade "fair" on recommendation by 2 Sephora SAs but I found it leaving me looking very pasty and blotchy. Still, I continued using it for a month to make sure its formula and my skin got along great before trying the next darker shade "light", which turned out to be a perfect match. It's been 2 months since.

Love this as my daily light-medium coverage liquid makeup. How I've been wearing it: Wash > lightly moisturise > sunscreen > this CC > concealer on spots > light dusting of loose powder on the oiliest parts. No touchups other than light blotting with tissue midday and I have it on averagely 13 hrs per day almost everyday.

A bit about my over-40 skin: Sensitive, ultra oily, dehydrated, enlarged pores and prone to hormonal breakouts. I also suffer from hyperpigmentation. Living in the tropics also means dealing with heat & humidity year round plus dry air-conditioned air indoors and my sensitive skin is constantly acting up trying to adjust.

And the following is why I love this CC:
- has not caused any allergic reactions nor breakouts (in fact, I dare say my skin complexion seems to have improved slightly)
- looks like skin, never gets cakey even through 13 hours of wear, sweat and oil build up (though skin appearance does becomes uneven due to blotting taking off some of the makeup)
- does not oxidise/darken
- can be applied directly on a freshly washed face (saves time when in a rush)
- applies easily with fingers (I'm lazy with sponges and brushes plus fingers reduce product wastage)
- does not settle into my fine lines (other than my under eye crease lines - but this happens with every other makeup I've used regardless of over primers or not)
- spf 50
- scent is fresh and citrusy (scent dissipates quickly upon application)
- comes in handy travel size

Still, as much as I love it, it isn't perfect. Negatives (for me):
- light to medium coverage blurs but does not hide my spots (so concealer or a foundation over is still a must for when I want to fake a flawless complexion)
- feels and looks oily over my moisturiser and even more so when I add sunscreen over my moisturiser (so some blotting before dusting of loose powder is needed) and that's a fresh application. By midday, my face is so oil-slicked that if I forget to blot, my melting makeup would show lines and smudges where my hair strands brush my face or where my sunglasses sit my face. However, this probably won't be the case for most other people unless you're also super oily by nature
- settles somewhat into my enlarged oily pores no matter how I try different application methods or over special primers (so having the right skin-matching shade makes a huge difference in keeping the dotty-pore look less obvious)
- doesn't feel hydrating without moisturising first (sometimes, my skin will flake the moment the CC cream goes on)
- tad pricey (but worth it based on having used many well known brands ranging from drugstore to high end, which also had their fair share of negatives each)
- very limited range of shades (I'm lucky one works for me)

Do I recommend this? If you find a matching shade and if you don't need full coverage, definitely give it a go. They make minis though these do not come with pumps. They also make a shimmer version of this but as an oily, I'd avoid them. Good luck!

I discovered this CC cream a few years ago at Ulta when I was looking for something to cover up my slight rosacea. I had all but given up on BB and CC creams but the wonderful MUA there suggested I try it. I fell in love immediately and it's really only one of the few makeup items I repurchase. I have it in three different colors so it matches me for every season. I never leave home without it on, and as someone who would never go out without a full face of makeup, I'm confident enough to throw only this on. If I have a big event then I will wear foundation over it but I rarely even need to. It lasts a good 6-8 hours, and if I need it longer then I just put some Lancôme powder over it and it smooths it over. I love this stuff and I pray they never stop making it.

I love this foundation.

I have dry, mature, and sensitive skin with some pigmentation. This cc cream at first gives me medium coverage and two hours become light coverage. It give me a nice glow not oily glow on me. It last me all worked day(8 hours). It didn't sink in pores or fine line cost $39 at Sephora. At Sephora have mini size of this cc cream if want to try out and didn't want to spend for a full size the mini cost $15. I very like this cc cream. I bought mine in shade medium.

After going into Ulta to originally buy Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation, I was speaking with the sales assistant and he recommended this, he said "You won't regret it" my reply "I hope not" Trust me I'm the most self confessed fussy person when it comes to my foundation being perfect!! I'm most certainly a hard sell, and I WILL return foundations if they aren't right... much to my friends amazement... oh well, I pay good money so I want it right! I'm fed up of getting matched wrongly in these high end stores,, so I trusted this man and my word I'm glad I did!! My skin has never glowed so much, my flaws are covered, My skin looks so even, well rested and just so natural, not caked one bit.. I have a combination skin which I must say recently has been playing havoc, but I'm amazed how this product makes my skin look.. I'm a loyal Estée Lauder DW fan but I wanted something more for everyday and that looks natural,, and that's exactly what I got.. usually I take samples to try at home but with this I just went for it,, I'm so happy I did! I didn't even need concealer either, please try this.. I highly recommend.. I like the pump application, in total I used 2 pumps for the whole face and applied it with a RT buffer brush, but also fab application with the RT sponge too..

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

It makes my skin look like a mask. It also gets into my wrinkles and pores, accentuating both!

So far I'm really liking this lightweight foundation in medium. I was having some issues w piling due to oil vs silicone battle between this and my neova sunscreen. It's medium coverage and leaves a slight dewy finish. My one issue is I had to use quite a bit per application.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to love this- but this contains citric acid and has a fairly strong citrus scent that makes my eyes water like crazy. I've tried it with nothing else on to to isolate this as the culprit. It has a great SPF and good coverage but I can't deal with the reaction it causes for me.