It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

Filtered by age: 36-43

3.9

Sadly this broke me out. A bit drying but the first 4 hrs of wear are nice. I used it for about 10 days to make sure breakouts were due to this. Sunscreen is usually a culprit for me

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

love this product! It gives my face a fresh and dewy look and I've gotten tons of compliments since I started wearing it several months ago. I'm already getting ready to repurchase when the Sephora VIB sale happens soon. And SPF 50? You can't hear that -- especially if you're fair, like me. Is the packaging AMAZING? No. But it's fine! Overall, a yes for me and I will be repurchasing.

I have a love and hate relationship with this CC cream. For reference I am a MAC NC 25 during the summer time and about MAC NC 20 during the winter time. I have this in the shade Light and it matches me during the colder months. As per coverage, it will give a solid medium coverage with a slight dewy finish on my combo skin (oily t zone). I normally apply this with my Beauty sponge and it blends perfectly. As per longevity, it lasts for about 8 hours depending if you set this with a powder and you’re wearing a primer underneath. Overall, I think it’s one of those face product that you use when you’re lazy and you can’t be bothered putting on a full face of makeup. However, I feel for the price is a bit steep for a cc cream since you can already buy a comparable foundation with higher coverage. However, if you have any coins to spare then it’s a must try. Hope this helps.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Amazing product..I bought this after getting the suggestion from hotandflashy youtube channel,since i am 40+.I have to be choosy about my foundation..This one is a miracle...It certainly looked like my better skin..Good coverage..as well..Very good lasting power..I am nc40 -42.I bought this on medium,slightly light..thats ok with my winter skin.Will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

So wanted to love this product. It just separates on my skin. Doesn't matter what primer: It Cosmetics, Smashbox, Becca, nothing worked well with this CC foundation. By lunch time it was very noticeable separation to my T zone. Loved that it offers build-able coverage, just not for my oily T zone. Loved the pump, so hygienic. Loved that a little goes a long way. Hated that it separated.

I received a small tube in medium to try, but eventually switched to light when I purchased and I'm about a NC25 or so. I initially didn't like this as I went in thinking it would be a CC cream, but as others have said it is more of a foundation finish. If I'm having a good skin week I think it out a little with Burberry Fresh Glow luminizer. If I'm breakout city or covering discoloration marks it does great at full strength, partly because it does seem to color correct as well. This is what I travel with if I'm only taking one type of foundation and the packaging is great, why don't all expensive foundations come with a pump!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is definitely one of my favorite cc creams! I love that it's good for your skin to, well as good as it can be:) Lasts a long time to.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I initially purchased this in the shade "fair" on recommendation by 2 Sephora SAs but I found it leaving me looking very pasty and blotchy. Still, I continued using it for a month to make sure its formula and my skin got along great before trying the next darker shade "light", which turned out to be a perfect match. It's been 2 months since.

Love this as my daily light-medium coverage liquid makeup. How I've been wearing it: Wash > lightly moisturise > sunscreen > this CC > concealer on spots > light dusting of loose powder on the oiliest parts. No touchups other than light blotting with tissue midday and I have it on averagely 13 hrs per day almost everyday.

A bit about my over-40 skin: Sensitive, ultra oily, dehydrated, enlarged pores and prone to hormonal breakouts. I also suffer from hyperpigmentation. Living in the tropics also means dealing with heat & humidity year round plus dry air-conditioned air indoors and my sensitive skin is constantly acting up trying to adjust.

And the following is why I love this CC:
- has not caused any allergic reactions nor breakouts (in fact, I dare say my skin complexion seems to have improved slightly)
- looks like skin, never gets cakey even through 13 hours of wear, sweat and oil build up (though skin appearance does becomes uneven due to blotting taking off some of the makeup)
- does not oxidise/darken
- can be applied directly on a freshly washed face (saves time when in a rush)
- applies easily with fingers (I'm lazy with sponges and brushes plus fingers reduce product wastage)
- does not settle into my fine lines (other than my under eye crease lines - but this happens with every other makeup I've used regardless of over primers or not)
- spf 50
- scent is fresh and citrusy (scent dissipates quickly upon application)
- comes in handy travel size

Still, as much as I love it, it isn't perfect. Negatives (for me):
- light to medium coverage blurs but does not hide my spots (so concealer or a foundation over is still a must for when I want to fake a flawless complexion)
- feels and looks oily over my moisturiser and even more so when I add sunscreen over my moisturiser (so some blotting before dusting of loose powder is needed) and that's a fresh application. By midday, my face is so oil-slicked that if I forget to blot, my melting makeup would show lines and smudges where my hair strands brush my face or where my sunglasses sit my face. However, this probably won't be the case for most other people unless you're also super oily by nature
- settles somewhat into my enlarged oily pores no matter how I try different application methods or over special primers (so having the right skin-matching shade makes a huge difference in keeping the dotty-pore look less obvious)
- doesn't feel hydrating without moisturising first (sometimes, my skin will flake the moment the CC cream goes on)
- tad pricey (but worth it based on having used many well known brands ranging from drugstore to high end, which also had their fair share of negatives each)
- very limited range of shades (I'm lucky one works for me)

Do I recommend this? If you find a matching shade and if you don't need full coverage, definitely give it a go. They make minis though these do not come with pumps. They also make a shimmer version of this but as an oily, I'd avoid them. Good luck!

I discovered this CC cream a few years ago at Ulta when I was looking for something to cover up my slight rosacea. I had all but given up on BB and CC creams but the wonderful MUA there suggested I try it. I fell in love immediately and it's really only one of the few makeup items I repurchase. I have it in three different colors so it matches me for every season. I never leave home without it on, and as someone who would never go out without a full face of makeup, I'm confident enough to throw only this on. If I have a big event then I will wear foundation over it but I rarely even need to. It lasts a good 6-8 hours, and if I need it longer then I just put some Lancôme powder over it and it smooths it over. I love this stuff and I pray they never stop making it.

I love this foundation.