It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

Filtered by skin tone : Medium age: 25-29

3.8

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I wanted to love this so badly, but I just don't. I have combination/oily skin and it just feels like a greasy mess. I adore the finish and how it looks right after I first apply it - it's very creamy, blends effortlessly, and makes my skin look flawless without looking too heavy. But just a couple hours later, it looks and feels greasy and just plain uncomfortable. I only used this in the winter when my skin is more combination than oily, and I could only just bear wearing it through a whole day. Sadly a miss for me.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Pros:
- medium/buildable coverage
- comfortable to wear
- great packaging with a pump/travel friendly
- spf 50+
- natural finish
- easy application

Cons:
- not great for oily skin
- not long lasting

Overall, if you have dry skin, I think you'll love this. It provides a beautiful natural look with good coverage for a CC cream. It's a great, quick, throw-on foundation for everyday. The problems that I had with it include it's lasting ability. I would say for my oily skin, it stays for roughly 4-5 hours with a setting powder, so for long work days it looks faded by the end of the day. I would still consider purchasing this because it is quick to apply, no streaking or dry patches because it is so moisturizing. For those long days though, I still reach for Estee Lauder Double Wear. For me, this is probably a winter/fall foundation just for the sole reason that I have oily skin and it most likely won't hold up during the summer at all.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I actually got a sample of this in Medium, which was the perfect shade for me, and the sample had quite a decent amount so I got 3 full uses out of it.

I like this product, but I do have mixed feelings about it as well. It's not overly drying or anything, but it's a little more drying than expected considering it claims to be moisturizing/brightening; also it claims to function as a full coverage foundation but I'd say it's more light-to-medium-buildable? Which is okay, I can build it up, it's just not as full coverage as it claims to be for me.

On another note, I do like the oddly fruity/lemony scent of it.

All in all, I do prefer something a little more dewy/nourishing since my skin is severely dry but this isn't bad, I just have other products that work much better for my skin type.

This has been the only CC/BB cream that I have ever used that I have throughly loved and enjoyed.

I am NC 35, I got the color TAN because medium was a tad bit too light and I have enough BB creams that are way too light mask-like for me. Tan is unfortunately too dark but I still love it.

The coverage is wonderful, it is moisturizing without being super greasy. It has a soft glow finish, it looks like a fresh face.

I apply it using a big kabuki brush or the RT buffing brush. It blends out beautifully without being cakey. It gives my skin a natural appearance and it still covers my scars and pores. I sometimes use a bb for an even more natural finish, but I feel like the BB doesn't cover the scars as well (maybe if had zero dark marks, i could do this)

I'm going to buy Medium soon, so I can mix it with the tan to get the right color. I tried to mix it with my other bb creams, but it doesn't seem to work. It ends up cakey and gross.

It doesn't last forever though, maybe 5/6 hours. With powder it lasts longer, but I lose that glowy effect. So its a great for the office without looking super made up.

I would give it a lower score because of the lack of colors, but I love it so much that I'm willing to forgive the range.

Update: April 2017 - I bought medium too and I mix the 2 for my perfect shade. Just heard that they're going to make a color called medium-tan, yeeees! I use this everyday, it has such great coverage I don't even use concealer most days, my scars peak through but I'm human. To make it last, I top it off with a bit of powder foundation. I truly love this, I can't mess it up, I just use my fingers to blend most days.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased shade medium. I'm about NC30-35. The shade is probably a tad too light but can work once bronzer is applied. Consistency is creamy but not thick. The smell is citrusy in a washing detergent way which I wasn't fond of. It didn't smell like a natural citrus and I'm not usually sensitive to fragrance but this was Off putting.
I have oily combo skin and most foundations or BB/CC creams need blotting after 4-5hours. So for me it's more bout what happens when I blot and the appearance there after.

I apply my mineral veil primer from hourglass which is my go to for oil control then I went in with this with a flat top kabuki. Easy to apply, coverage is a high medium and doesn't feel too heavy on the skin. The finish is more dewy than satin and doesn't really set. I set it with Laura Mercier Translucent powder. It looked ok. Once I added bronzer it looked a lot better. I have olive undertones and none of the shades lean yellow or olive unfortunately.

After 4 hours this was super shiny so I blotted and it looked ok. Nothing special. Nothing to brag about. Another two hours later it was slipping around and breaking down in a patchy way.
So for the beneficial ingredients such as skincare and sunscreen, unfortunately for me it doesn't override how mediocre(at best) it looks. Thought about saving it for just the beach but then I'd have to add bronzer for the shade to look right and I'd look hideous with a slippery face, better off going with a bare face!
Suggest to get a sample before you buy because it isn't cheap!

I'm a big fan of BB creams and buildable coverage foundation. I thought that this product would be a harmonious marriage between the two.

The first problem I have is that I can't stand the smell! It smells very strongly of a tropical/chemical scent. It fades pretty fast but when I first apply it, I feel sick to the stomach.

Second, the color selection is off. I bought it in Medium and I'm an NC35. It was way too dark on me and the tone itself was on the orange side.

Third, coverage was disappointing. Almost all of the other BB creams I've tried had much better coverage and with less product used.

Fourth, consistency is watery. I typically prefer BB/CC creams that have a creamier texture.

I bought this during the Sephora VIB sale as an impulse purchase. Will definitely be returning.

Obviously not repurchasing.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This foundation isn't perfect, but it is damn near perfect for me. The finish is absolutely skin-like, coverage is medium to full, and my face looks flawless for 8 to 10 hours. The pump is very useful and allows you to dispense the smallest amount of product. I prefer lighter coverage foundation so I usually pat this on with a damp RT sponge, then tap the foundation straight onto any problem areas like I would a concealer. I do sometimes have to use a color corrector underneath for really bad hyperpigmentation. I have combination skin so I set my entire face with a translucent powder.

Cons:
-The foundation is only available in 5 shades. I have shade medium which is a perfect match to my skin color. I have NEVER found a perfect match until this foundation. Huge bummer is that it matches my winter shade. Once spring/summer rolls in this shade will be too light and the next shade (tan?) is much too dark and the undertone is off
-It is creamy and hydrating for now (for my "winter skin"), but once the climate warms up I suspect the foundation will just slide off my face. It may not be oily skin friendly
-People may mind the smell. A lot of youtube/online reviewers say the foundation smells like key lime pie...I think they're insane. The foundation smells exactly like a lemon floor cleaner my mother used when I was young. It doesn't bother me and the smell dissipates quickly but people may not like a foundation with a strong fragrance
-It is damn expensive for something considered to be a CC cream. Then again, I haven't been able to find a drugstore foundation with similar coverage in my shade. And I promise I have really tried. You, however, may be able to find a cheaper alternative?

If you decide to buy this product, keep your receipt. I think this is a conditional product, where it is perfect for people with a very specific skin type and color.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hmmm...I'm on the fence about this foundation. I normally either love or hate something. My holy grail foundation is Lancome teint idole. I never stray from it and have used it for 6 years. The reason I decided to purchase this product is one of my favorite youtubers Marissa Lace has been going on and on about this foundation. She has suffered with pretty bad acne for a long time and she has scarring on her cheeks both actual scarring and hyperpigmentation. And her skin has had an amazing turn around the past months. I have shallow scarring and have suffered with mild to moderate acne for eleven years. So I went out and got this and was so excited to try it. I have to say this is medium coverage definitely not full coverage! It feels light weight on the skin and has a slight dewy finish. I'm not into dewy at all! But I'm willing to get out of my comfort zone. The number one complaint I have is that this accentuates my flaws, my big pores, shallow acne scarring on my cheeks and my acne. I had three tiny pimples I needed to cover when first applying this and those three pimples stuck out so much. I could definitely not wear this during a bad breakout. This also seemed to have random sticky/tacky places on my face. The best things about this is it doesn't break me out, I love the non chemical spf 50, and It really makes my skin look better after I wash it off. My face looks a little more even and feels nice and hydrated after I take it off. It has antiaging and skin brightening ingredients that definitely work! They claim that with use over time your skin will get better and I definitely believe that. I wished my skin looked as flawless and Ms Marissa's but it doesn't in fact I hate how my face looks I'm pics or on camera with this because I see every imperfection so pronounced. A lot of older woman sing the praises of this and gosh I just couldn't see this blurring out wrinkles if it amplifies so much on me and I don't have wrinkles or fine lines thanks to using retin a for 11 years. I will not repurchase this and most probably will return it although I didn't hate it...If I had a better skin texture and didn't suffer with breakouts I would keep it.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

OK, I love this product. I still use a moisturizer and sometimes a primer underneath it, but I like the coverage and I think it creates a very clean surface for foundation. HOWEVER, I have warm toned medium skin and the "medium" shade was way too light for me. It worked fine under my Bare Minerals foundation, but I like a full coverage BB or CC that I can wear without foundation on the weekends, etc... with this one, I had trouble doing that because it made my face look so much lighter than my body. The tan seems to be a little dark for me, but I would be willing to try it, just not at this price point... I am in love with Marcelle's golden glow BB, so I guess I will just go back to that for now. I wouldn't rule trying this one out again... and if your skin is darker or lighter than mine, I would really encourage you trying it. Awesome stuff!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Fantastic. I had yet to actually find a BB or CC cream that I liked (if you don't cover my acne scars, then there is no point). I actually got this as a gift, and tried it on a whim one morning, when I didn't feel like doing my whole foundation routine. I then looked in the mirror and was SHOCKED.

This provides full coverage for my face with one pump. There are a few truly dark areas and blemishes where I still need to touch up with concealer, but this takes care of everything else (and "everything else" is a lot). Plus, it ACTUALLY. LOOKS. KIND OF. NATURAL. The whole "your skin but better thing" is not a myth, which is amazing because most CCs I've tried left me looking like I had on a white mask. This looked a bit light on my hand, but as soon as I applied, it settled into my skin and looked totally natural. It also feels so nice and light, and leaves the skin feeling moisturized. I can't say too much about making my actual skin look better, but honestly, just to have a lightweight product that covers and gives me a healthy, glowy look is enough for me.

The packaging is great - it's a tube with a pump at the end, so totally hygienic. It takes one pump to do my face, maybe a touch more if I need to go back and build on some areas. The SPF is a pretty great add-on as well. It's definitely not cheap, but I think that one tube will be lasting me for quite a while, and if you're going to invest in something, it makes sense that it's in skin products.

The one caveat I have is that it is scented. I don't like that, and wish that it had been left out. Other than that, HIGHLY recommend. This is a product that makes me doubt the legitimacy of Paula's Choice anymore, because it was rated SO low on their review - an unfair one, in my opinion. This (and all of IT Cosmetics' line, really) is definitely worth looking into if you're looking for something lightweight, but with good coverage. If I had to sum this up in one line, I'd say that it makes my skin look even, moisturized, and healthy, but I still look like me.