It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

Filtered by age: 25-29

3.9

Ive been wanting to try this CC cream for years and was so excited when it came to Sephora in Canada. I got the shade Fair, which was slightly too light for me, however the light was slightly too dark and I wasn't about to buy two shades just to mix them. Shade range aside I had really high hopes and was extremely disappointed in the performance of the actual product.
1) Its super thick which I find makes it difficult to blend nicely into the skin. I also found I needed to use a lot of product to cover my entire face, and when I'm paying 50$ for a tube I want it to last me as long as possible.
2) I have dry skin but don't typically struggle with flakiness. However this makeup emphasized dry flaky skin I didn't even know I had
3) After working with it for a while It looked pretty good when I first applied it. However the lasting power isn't very good, I found I couldn't even get through my work day before it was breaking up and looking cakey and textured. As someone with dry skin, lasting power isn't something i ever struggle with so I was so surprised when I had to touch it up midway through my work day.

All in all, it is super hyped and maybe my expectations were too high but I was disappointed. It is way too overpriced for its mediocre performance. It wasn't terrible but for half the price I have foundations and CC creams that do a considerably better job.

I've been using this for about 3 years now. I wear it underneath Tarte's Amazonian Clay foundation and the 2 together make my skin look flawless. I can notice a negative difference in my skin when I don't use this. It covers well, is hydrating and leaves a dewy finish. In the winter I've always gotten flaky skin around my mouth and this seems to be the one thing that prevents it. The tube is kind of expensive but a little goes a long way.

Honestly, I bought this product because of the hype and I am GLAD I did!

I personally don't like wearing foundation. Either that all of my previous foundations were from the drugstore (though I selected the most lightweight) and I don't like their formulas, or I just hated how it sat on my skin. Whatever the reasons might be, I tried wearing less foundation as much as I could.

But this CC cream (honestly, it's a foundation) blows my mind away. It is so lightweight, sits comfortably on my skin, gives good coverage, and makes my face looks natural PLUS better (I hate foundation that once I applied makes my face looks like a 'kabuki'). In addition to the formula, the smell is very nice. It smells a bit of lemon and a slight scent of freshness (if that makes sense).

I bought it in a travel size (I was still edgy whether I might like it or not) and in the shade 'medium'. It is a bit darker than my skin tone but it doesn't show much difference, so I don't really mind.

Overall, definitely repurchase it! 5-stars!!

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I actually got a sample of this in Medium, which was the perfect shade for me, and the sample had quite a decent amount so I got 3 full uses out of it.

I like this product, but I do have mixed feelings about it as well. It's not overly drying or anything, but it's a little more drying than expected considering it claims to be moisturizing/brightening; also it claims to function as a full coverage foundation but I'd say it's more light-to-medium-buildable? Which is okay, I can build it up, it's just not as full coverage as it claims to be for me.

On another note, I do like the oddly fruity/lemony scent of it.

All in all, I do prefer something a little more dewy/nourishing since my skin is severely dry but this isn't bad, I just have other products that work much better for my skin type.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I think I've just found my HG everyday foundation - lightweight, excellent "your skin but better" coverage, decent color selection, sanitary packaging, with added skincare benefits. I hardly reach for my concealer when I use this, and a little goes a long way. Just be aware: it has a dewy finish and requires powder over top.

Can't recommend this product enough!

Some of my favourite beauty bloggers had mentioned they swapped this for their every day foundation. This product is expensive to start with, however I was so excited since I had heard it was great coverage and had spf. Upon receiving this product I tried to hard to like it until I kept breaking out every time I used the product. It sadly sits unused now.

Still on the fence with this... I started using this a few weeks ago after using Lioele BB Cream for YEARS. Very similar product, but this has lower coverage than Lioele. I do like the shade range on this product, but I'm not sure if my skin likes it. I'm not prone to break outs AT ALL, but this is breaking out my face a bit. I'm going to give it some more time to try it out, but I'm going back to Asian BB creams after this.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is my new HG foundation. I have pretty decent skin minus hormonal breakouts here and there. It is beautiful coverage but doesn't feel like you're wearing anything! Also, I have had the same tube since July of last year and I wear it daily. A little goes a long way. I will never be without this product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So I LOVE the SPF 50 and anti aging serum. It's like everything you need for daytime all in one! The only issues I have are the fruit oils (they can easily irritate sensitive skin) and the very limited color choices. I mean, Urban Decay's Naked Skin (HG) has what seems like 100 different color choices, lol. So I purchased Fair in this, it's not a perfect match but Light looked slightly orange on me, which is not good. I need something in between. Otherwise it would be 5 ⭐️

**Edit/Update**

I felt the need to update this earlier post because 5 weeks into using this stuff I am happier with my skin then I have been in years. This is not a first impression product by any means, this is a stick it out and you won't ever want to go back product. Initially on using this product I was upset with the lack of full coverage(because my skin needed it). Now after using it for 5+ weeks I hardly have a need for a full coverage foundation. The real sell of this product is the magic it does under it to your skin while you wear it. This CC cream has definitely helped brighten my skin and all but make disappear some of my long term acne scars. I can actually go out without makeup now and not feel like I need to duck if I see someone I know. I would have never called myself a person with good skin before but now I can which is such a weird feeling.

Anyways I will be repurchasing once it runs out, worth the money, especially since I am anticipating it will last me till the end of the 2nd month.

****

I'm Canadian so when I purchased this in the states it probably came out to just over $60 for a bottle so I have high expectations of it.

Cons:

With first application there was no wow moment that this product was really worth the money. I felt like it had decent coverage but definitely not full coverage. My blemishes and scarring were still visible but albeit minimized.

Also I wish this was longer wear because I'm just not the type of person who wants to do touch ups during the day. I found this product to wear off from a full-med coverage to a light-med coverage within a few hours. However the packaging does say to reapply regularly due to the SPF function but i just don't have the funds to be reapplying this stuff so liberally.

This product is advertised as doing wonders for under eye circles. I found this a gross exaggeration, my under eyes definitely look obvious with just this on.Another benefit listed is that of a moisturizer, I found my skin to be slightly dry from this at the end of the day.

After just 2 weeks of use the packaging and label is started to chip off. For a product I spent a decent amount on I don't like that this is happening and being slightly OCD it really bugs me.

Pros:

While I would never repurchase this item at this price point based off of only it's merits as a foundation, depending on how long this bottle lasts me it could definitely be worth a repurchase based off of the value of it's other added benefits alone.

For one the SPF 50 physical sunscreen is so important to me, I really want to avoid any further skin damage and chemical sunscreens make me break out without fail. While using this CC cream my skin has considerably cleared up and no new breakouts on the horizon. This is a major selling point to me.

One of the benefits they list is Brightening color corrector. I managed to irritate my skin from a face mask and my entire face looked bright red, I simply applied this right over top and it became a complete non issue. I do not usually have a lot of redness but if you do I could see this being 100% worth it's sticker price.

Other benefits such as anti-aging serum and a pore-less finish primer can get super expensive and the fact that these two items are included into the product I feel like I can justify a lot of the price with that. So far I can see the results of the primer but the jury is still out on the serum. No miraculous anti-aging has really occurred so far.

Overall:
Depending on if this product lasts me over a month I would repurchase. The main benefit to me is the look of my skin after I take off this product. My hopes are if I use this product for a few months it might improve so much I hardly have a need for foundation anymore. So far I feel way more confident to go makeup less than I did 2 weeks ago thanks to the way this has cleared up my acne and just given a good tone to my skin.

Although it is tough adjusting from full coverage expectations I am growing to like the more natural face look and I feel like I have been approached more because of it. The name "your skin but better" is pretty accurate to what you are buying just don't expect the full coverage.

Application tips:
A beauty blender made this go on thin so I would suggest using your(clean) fingers to first warm up and then apply from center outwards. If you need to focus on a blemish blending a dot of this with a beauty blender did work well though.

If you must apply product like a moisturizer underneath make sure to let it fully soak in first before application or the product wont sit or stay right.