It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

Filtered by age: 25-29

3.8

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

I have been eyeing up the IT section of my local Ulta and Sephora stores for a while, so I was excited to see the presentations of IT products on QVC. Not to mention, for these items individually, the price for this kit seemed like the perfect opportunity to try out IT products. Unfortunately, this kit fell short for me, compared to other prestige makeup brands I have used.

Let's start with the CC cream. This is a little on the yellow side and definitely does not suit cooler undertoned individuals like myself. I also think that they may misrepresent the shades just a little bit. I am not the fairest of the fair, but did order fair because their light shade is way too dark and yellowish for me. The coverage of the CC cream also isn't as amazing as they show in the presentation. This is a medium coverage item, at best, unless you keep layering it on, but then it becomes very heavy and cakey. I would consider it more of a tinted moisturizer.

Next is the mascara. The formula is decent, but in clumps on the brush. There needs to be something in the tube to help get off excess mascara when pulling the wand out. It lays on eyelashes well, but it does flake it you try to keep layering. Overall, there are better mascaras out there.

Let's move on to the eyebrow pencil. It is fairly dark, even with the lightest touch, and a little bulky to get those fine lines that some like. It too, is ok at best.

The lip was also just ok for me. It's more of a brightly tinted lip gloss. It glides on well and keeps my lips from chapping, but normal lip gloss is much cheaper. This also came out on my lips as a bright pink color, and I am more of a neutral or dark colored lip kind of girl.

I have yet to try the illumination powder, so I will not comment on that.

Last was the globe brush. I am a firm believer in good makeup brushes truly do make a difference during application. It's a good size and I used it to put on my CC cream. It went on smoothly, so that was a win for me with this kit.

Overall, this kit was just ok for me. I don't know that I will continue to buy IT products, as the delivery and exchange process with QVC is lengthy and the products just don't meet my overall makeup standards. Sorry IT.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I appreciate this CC cream because of the amazing coverage it gives and how even people who are new to makeup can use it - it is really one of those products that you can "slap" on, or apply with any beauty tool, and it looks great. However, I'm not a big fan of the smell. I would prefer it to smell like nothing, rather than the odd lemony smell it has. I'm not sure why it has a lemony smell, reminiscent of a cleaning product. It may be the sunscreen, but I wish it didn't have any fragrance.

I got shade light. I am N15 - Skin concerns: stubborn redness around nose/rosacea - dry skin but nothing dramatic- aging skin (25yo) so again nothing dramatic. I always have used a toner cream and primer before. Most of the time the ootical illusion by UD. This product is a great product. What is a gigantic plus is that they sell a DS sample for 20$ that will last long and beyond enough for you to figure if you like it enough to buy it. I think this means alot that a company is that confident of their product. SPF50 provided which is the reason why it is thick. It’s not a paste or anything it could just hang to the tube if you tease it out. It’s not leaky which is practical on the go. Friendly packaging for the travel and full size. Easily poored at the back of your end before applied to face. You can apply with fingers but not blindly and with good lighting to ensure evenness. I would rather use a beauty blender over a brush because of how thick it is, and a semi-damped one. That will make skin more flattering regarding consistency of product!! With a brush to even out you might find it’s a bit too thick because i find that the product will stay on the brush but still it works out. Shade light is not that light. So keep that in mind. It is orangey but once applied it’s really not as appearing than on you hand. Coverage is medium. It does not cocer 100% rosacea on my nose but so far its on my top 3 for best coverage. It holds really well. Since my skin is on the dry end, i don’t apply powder . If i do it’s for the areas that tend to crease aka under eye and laugh lines. Usually foundations with higher consistencies tend to crease but this one is not that bad! It does not slip either. Easy to blend anything over too. It’s not matte and it’s not dewy, it’s skin like. My cons are that the coverage is not as i had hoped with the pictures they show. It is pricey but in the price range for higher end foundations. Shade range is off because fair really appear fair and yet light is light/medium and tends to be more orangey. Undertones are not considered but since it’s a CC that makes sense, still sucks. I will purchase again.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

My skin recently changed from combination to dry, and upon developing some spider angiomas on my face and subsequently getting some treatment for them, I decided to up my sun cream game. However, my beloved Teint Idole by Lancome did not respond well to my new moisturiser and spf 45 skin routine (think: cakey mess), and I decided I wanted something a little more natural-looking and light weight on my face, especially now I had my "new" blemish-free face going on.

This CC cream did the job perfectly:

- actually does look better than skin, but lets your skin shine through at the same time (yes, you do need a pretty even skin tone to pull this off imo)
- suprisingly long lasting
- feels light on the skin
- is moisterising but doesn't cake up unlike my awful experience with Josie Maran's Vibrancy Argan Oil Foundation
- doesn't cling to any dry patches during the course of the day
- I swear my face actually looks better when I take it off (I was told that it had some special skin-imrpoving ingredients in it, so maybe that's why)

This only doesn't get 5 stars because I still can't get over how expensive it is!! I mean, it's nice in every way I mentioned above, but it's not full-coverage-perfect-face-I'm-a-model-now nice (which is how I felt with Lancome's Teint Idole). At least that's where I'm at right now with this product.

Closing comment: the colour names are deceiving: the best match for me was "Light" despite me having olive / tan skin.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Pros:
- medium/buildable coverage
- comfortable to wear
- great packaging with a pump/travel friendly
- spf 50+
- natural finish
- easy application

Cons:
- not great for oily skin
- not long lasting

Overall, if you have dry skin, I think you'll love this. It provides a beautiful natural look with good coverage for a CC cream. It's a great, quick, throw-on foundation for everyday. The problems that I had with it include it's lasting ability. I would say for my oily skin, it stays for roughly 4-5 hours with a setting powder, so for long work days it looks faded by the end of the day. I would still consider purchasing this because it is quick to apply, no streaking or dry patches because it is so moisturizing. For those long days though, I still reach for Estee Lauder Double Wear. For me, this is probably a winter/fall foundation just for the sole reason that I have oily skin and it most likely won't hold up during the summer at all.

Medium coverage, feels like genuine skin (not heavy or cakey), breathable, easy to apply AND provides SPF. However, with my combo skin, it separates in oily spots and really clings to even minor dry spots, making them extremely noticeable! I had skin problems I never even noticed until this foundation pointed them out... yuck. I would hate to see what it wears like when it’s actually hot and summery outside!! Did not appreciate the way it separated on the tip of my nose and my forehead. I’m disappointed, because on first impressions I was IN LOVE. Maybe better for normal skin types?

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This was a great tinted moisturizer but be careful. Because it's SPF 50+ the shade range is a lot LIGHTER than what you are. It wasn't until I tried it when I got home (on a different day from testing in store) that it was not the same color as rest of my body but a lot lighter. However this has GREAT coverage and it's more like a foundation with tinted moisturizer benefits. I could have switched it to darker shades but that would have been annoying and I just didn't feel like dealing with it. However, it is a great product and has great benefits for your skin so don't use this review to stray. I highly recommend to buy this product in person and take a sample home to test in the sunlight next day to get your exact match. Maybe when I run out of the product I'm using then I will go back and try this in a darker shade to match. Also the packaging is great! Its a pump so you can control how much comes out as opposed to squirting out too much by accident.

My skin is oily, sensitive and acne-prone. I’m NC20 with strong yellow undertones.
I picked the shade Light and I received a sample of the shade Medium.
-SHADE: The shade Light is a neutral light/medium beige shade. Next to the shade Medium it looks ashy and a bit lighter. It’s slightly darker than my complexion (NC20) but it works. The shade Medium has warm orange/yellow undertones. I prefer the shade Light during winter and the shade Medium during summer when my skin gets tanner (NC25 -NC30). None of them suits my skin tone perfectly. I think It Cosmetics is a quite big company that makes millions per year I don’t get why they have this poor shade range.
SKIN TYPE: It has a healthy dewy finish but and looks nice on my oily skin. It doesn’t make it look greasy and lasts all day long. I don’t wear it constantly because I feel that it clogs my pores probably due to the high spf. It doesn’t accentuate my pores their powder foundation does that!
MORE: It has a slight citrusy scent but that disappears quickly. It has a light to medium coverage. I like to apply it with my fingers for light coverage or a dense brush for medium coverage.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Got a sample from Sephora, absolutely love this product! The fair shade matches me perfectly, and it doesn't oxidize at all. It has decent lasting powder, and looks super natural. It's not exactly dewy, which is great as I can adjust the level of dewyness using a highlighter!

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This BB cream gives really great coverage (almost full if not full) and can be doubled-up as a concealer. Makes the skin look smooth and gives it a healthy glow. Feels lightweight as well so you don't feel like you have heavy makeup on your face.

If you're oily or combo, it's best to set this with powder (I also recommend the CC powder from It Cosmetics). I have combo skin and the dreaded oily t-zone reared its ugly head after a few hours. I only had to do 2 touch-ups throughout a whole work day.

The one thing I don't like though is their lack of shades. 6 shades is not enough! They need to add more shades with different undertones!