It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

3.8

I broke out from this after 2 days. Great coverage but nope

It Cosmetics CC cream lives up to the hype! I've been using this product every time I do my makeup since I got it about 5 months ago. I am in love with the shade Medium. It evens out my skin easily and gives my skin a really warm golden glowy tone to it. My skin is dry and NC 25-30 and because of adaptability of the product, I can wear this shade year round. Most foundations really accentuate my dry patches but this product seems to camouflage them. This product doesn't break me out and is easy to remove! I like that I don't have to scrub it off or have a tedious makeup removal routine like I would have with some heavy duty foundations. I set it with a translucent powder and if i need a bit more coverage I buff a little Bare Minerals over the top and I look naturally flawless. Also can't beat the high SPF!

I have actually replaced this at least three times, it's that good. I just caved on my wanderlust and am going to try something else, but I have had very little desire to, I and that is really unusual for me. I love the full coverage and yet it bonds with my skin to a pleasantly natural look. I think my skin has improved for wearing it and I can't think of any else I would say that about.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I always had oily skin but now that I'm on the other side of 30 and moved a bit further north, my skin is so dry and awful. This cc cream smooths over all of my texture and gives decent coverage. It really doesn't look like makeup. I still have to use a concealer on any blemishes but one layer applied with a brush or two with a sponge makes my pores look smaller, evens my skin tone, and gives me a nice dewy glow. I've even had good luck applying this with my fingers. It is very forgiving. I do wish they had a lighter shade but I can get away with fair. My only complaint is that it is not very long lasting without a primer. I've yet to find a primer that didn't break me out to use with this but that's just my crazy skin!

As CC creams/foundations go, this isn't bad. The coverage is buildable, it doesn't break me out, and it does seem to have relatively good lasting power.

The color range isn't spectacular, but I can make Fair work (I'm NW15). I think I truly fall somewhere between Fair and Light, because I get a slight whiteish cast when I wear this, but it's close enough and the formula is sheer enough that it's an ok match. It does a decent job of covering up my blemishes and dark spots, which is why I bought this in the first place.

I got suckered into buying the Heavenly Luxe brush with it, which does a decent job blending this. I like it enough that I'll keep using it and finish the tube, but I'm always on the hunt for something better.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Before reading the reviews, I was in a large department store where I passed by the IT counter and got sucked into buying this CC cream. I had to wake up early that day and did not have a good night sleep, hence the impulse buy, which I really regret.
This cream feels on the skin like melted plastic - sorry, I cannot find a better comparison - and reminds me of the Clinique Even Better foundation. It just sat on my skin, and despite my skin being dry, it did not moisturize at all. The color (light) is OK for my NC20-25 skin, although it is slightly too dark, but I can get away with it. It did nothing to hide my blemishes and age spots, did not even reduce them slightly and the worst thing is the oily look.
Unfortunately in the UK, you cannot return cosmetics, unless you can prove that you had a bad reaction to it.
I am thinking of getting rid of it on eBay, or use it as a sunscreen when I go on holiday to warmer sunnier countries, as this was a very expensive mistake.
The only good thing about this cream is the packaging.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

UGH wanted to like this and even tried it several different times and different ways. Love that it is light weight and the SPF is a must with my 40+ skin. I hate heavy foundations so I gave this ago. Unfortunately this broke me out and made me oily in my t-zone. Several small little white heads popped up within a day of wearing. It feels greasy on my skin and doesn't soak in. I tried applying with a brush, sponge and my fingers with no luck. I am still searching for the perfect BB/CC :(

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This is one of my all-time favorite face products. Initially I preferred the illumination formula (which I still like), but now I prefer this, at least for day-to-day life. I love that the packaging has a pump, yet is a tube so it's not breakable and you can get all the product out. The coverage is medium and natural, and this is one of the only significant SPFs that I can tolerate, both in terms of my skin liking it and the scent not bugging me. I don't love the fragrance (though it is not a traditional sunscreen odor), but it fades quickly, so it's not an issue. The color range is crap - I usually have to mix two shades to make it work for me, and if you're even moderately deeply complected, you might be out of luck, but I like the formula so much I'm willing to make it work.

Light shade: pretty good coverage. Darker & more orange than my current go-to shade, Missha Perfect Cover BB in 13 Bright Beige. I'm not thrilled with the fragrance, which is overly floral and perfumed, though that fades soon on application. Didn't break me out.

Love this stuff! It brings all the tones in my face to one happy medium. And it moisturizes! I also use their blemish clearing Dream Fresh BB cream and it works just as fabulous!