Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick - Beso

Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick - Beso

4.3

on 6/18/2016 11:04:00 AM

I've gone through three of these since I was told about this shade (a friend of mine was wearing it and it looked so goddamn amazing on her) and I've currently been travelling for the last two months and this was one of the things I actually regret not bringing with me.

The formula can take a little getting used to if you're not familiar with long-last liquid lipsticks or matte lippies. Application can be a bit tricky at first too, especially when the tube is fresh (it's super liquid and you tend to get too much on the applicator and then on your face and then because you've put too much on, it flakes and peels...eugh). But once you're comfortable with the thing? There's no going back.

For a lazy girl like me, I love a product that lasts a stupidly long time on my face and doesn't require constant checking or touching up. And for me this is one of those products. Plus! I've never received so many compliments as when I wear this shade. And people constantly asking what it is I'm wearing.

The only draw back for me is the length of time these things last and the price. I'd say I get about the same amount of time as a mascara tube from these lipsticks (I alternate between Beso, Tesoro and Fiery - my Red Holy Trinity) and at a price of $32AUD - recently increased from $28, boo - this does make it quite a pricey vice to maintain. I guess it's a good thing I don't smoke.

Honestly though, for the confidence boost these things give, they're worth every cent (plus it's probably more hygienic that I go trough these that frequently anyway).

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a great classic true red shade. I think it leans very neutral for red, not too warm and definitely not cool toned.

Classy, not trashy, is what I tend to refer to it as. Reds on me either make me look like a cheap hooker or a clown..they are tricky on me, and this to me looks classy, not trashy. Something I would imagine a shade Marilyn Monroe would have loved. A very pretty shade, and I would recommend it to someone looking for a classic red, or a true red, or a statement red. It makes a statement without being too loud or obnoxious. Stays true to shade as the day wears on. When it wears off I am not left with a garish stain like many reds, so I definitely appreciate that!

If you want a statement lipstick, a great, true red, this might be worth checking out. Lasts for hours and leaves a nice decent stain. Applies just fine, and is easy to get evenly in the lines and it stays in the lines, which many reds tend to feather out and bleed. This one stays put. Not sticky or tacky at all. Pretty much you don't even feel it on!!

My only complaint is it is a little drying on me. I feel you definitely have to have your lips be in decent shape to wear this (ie, if your lips are dry or chapped, I would definitely steer clear of this). Even with a light balm applied first, I can still see the lines in my lips, and my lips, while older (45 years old), they are in decent shape, not dry or anything.

But the 'wow' factor of the red that packs a 'hello there!' aspect (not 'look at me!!' but definitely makes a statement!!), that all downplays the lines and the lines are probably more 'noticeable' to me than anyone else....But also, even though this is a little drying on me, it does not make my lips feel dry or uncomfortable. This is not something I would wear on a daily basis, just special occasions or date nights, that sort of thing, so even if it were to dry my lips, I do not wear it enough to have that happen. But I still wanted to mention it. Not sure if the other (more everyday) shades in this line also have this potential drying effect/look, but I just thought it was worth mentioning.

But if you want a classy red, this I think is definitely worth a look!! And not terribly priced, either.

To Read all 44 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

A coworker gave me this from her Birch Box because she doesn't wear red. I wish I knew about this lipstick sooner. I LOVE a matte finish and this lipstick is very lightweight. Another thing that I don't find too often in lipsticks is transfer proof. I ate a gigantic breakfast burrito with this lipstick on and expected nothing but red lipstick on my chin...a slight line, but nothing major like I had expected. Also the doe foot makes it extremely easy to apply.

Full Size Image

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I was looking for a good red lipstick and a friend recommended this to me.

It's a gorgeous color and it smells like cake, but I find that it feathers and peels like mad, even with lip liner. If you want a slightly cheaper dupe, check out Kat von D's Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Outlaw; it's practically identical and a much better product.

on 2/8/2016 6:45:00 PM

I just tried this product for the first time last night (super bowl sunday) and had the WEIRDEST experience ever!! talk about a product that isn't transfer proof! Woof! check out my new blog for more details and pictures :) http://margiemariee.blogspot.com

I really wanted to love this since it wasn't cheap and it's such a gorgeous red and Stila has great quality products. It's just SO thick and it feathers like crazy even with lip liner and it's not transfer-proof. It doesn't last more than two hours on me. It just bleeds and it's just awful...
I really tried to make it work with lip liner, lip primer, lipstick sealer- No luck. So it's safe to say I won't be repurchasing.

on 11/1/2015 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am loving this product. Never had luck with long wearing products in my past but, I read a review on this and figured I would try it. I bought a single color and just bought the 3 pack mini. It truly does last through the day. You may reapply mid day, I do but, none of the dry sticky bad mess from other products I have tried. Being in my 50's I am pretty conscious of the older lip thing and this product does justice. Love Love Love

I first got a sample of this in my birchbox. I had tried beso before in Ulta and didn't like it, didnt quite understand the hype. I didn't think it applied well and the color was weird.
After getting the sample, I applied it straight onto my lips and again- didn't look "right".
Then I tried again the next day but this time I put a lipliner on first. I didn't just line my lips, I totally filled them in just using a nude colored lipliner. Then I put the stila lipstick on and it was BEAUTIFUL.
My natural lip color must have been altering the color of the lipstick maybe? I also don't have very defined lips so lining them helped a lot.
This is now my favorite lipstick and I have already bought the full size even though I haven't used up my sample yet. I also now use it with a red lip liner, which I prefer over the nude liner.
The color is bright red and makes my lips look so full. Very matte finish but does not feel drying on the lips.
I like to pair this with smoky eyes. I think the overall look is so classic and pretty.

on 10/23/2015 6:35:00 PM

I got this in a beauty bag, and although I love red, I tend to not wear it because of the maintenance (Drinking through straws so it won't smear, reapplication) Some of the other liquid lipsticks I've used have been a nightmare as well, smearing and making me look like a clown before the evening is over (I'd rather it just fade than migrate all over my face)

I love this stuff! It's a bright retro red. I first wore it with a Rosie the Riveter costume, and my lips matched the red bandana on my head perfectly. What's more, it stayed completely put, with a clean lipline the whole evening.(Super important when rocking a retro look)

When I applied it, I wiped some on the center of my lips to get rid of some of the excess on the applicator before carefully lining my lips. I drew an X at the bow of my lips and carefully lined them, before filling them in sparingly. Then I sat there and let it set for a few minutes.(Seriously, no kissing, drinking or smoking for a few minutes. You don't want to touchup ever, and this will make it so) It dried to a non transferable but hydrated look. (My husband and daughter were shocked they didn't end up with a big red splotch on their face when I kissed their cheeks. You do not have to use a lot of this, and keeping this in mind will help you put it on flawlessly the first time.

As the evening progressed, I admit that it did tend to dry my lips out a little, but all long wearing lipstains/liquid lips products will do this. (hydration=slick=sliding everywhere) A bit of chapstick on my way home fixed me right up. Over the course of the evening (6 hours) I touched up the inside of my lips once or twice (didn't touch the lipline), but only because I was worried it may wear off, but it always looked flawless.

It did not come off completely at the end of the evening, but the next morning, my lips were a touch rosier than normal, but not bad. (It didn't migrate, so the rosiness was still pretty pristine)

This is my go to red lip now.

INSANELY long wear. I wore it to a dinner party and it looks pretty much perfect after eating and drinking (no touch ups!), so much so that a woman pulled me aside and descretely asked me if my lipstick was tattooed!! I laughed and said, no and showed her my tube of Stila I had hidden in my purse (in case of emergencies). She said she'd been admiring my lipstick all night and couldn't believe it didn't wear off, didn't leave lipstick marks on glasses, etc. A couple other women heard us talking about it and came over to tell me they too were admiring it and thought I looked gorgeous in it.

The Beso shade is the PERFECT shade for a properly retro look, and is bang on perfect for me with my pale complexion and dark hair. Deep red that I would describe as a tomato red. I generally wear orange undertone reds, and this colour works for me. Take that as you will.

You have to be VERY careful putting this lipstick on, it can be a bit tricky, but it gets easier with practice. Once its on and has set you're good to go. Can feel a little bit drying on, but not much and not to the point where I mind it.

I would wear this every day if I could, but sadly the price point forces me to use it for special occasion/dates.