Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick - Beso

Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick - Beso
Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick - BesoStay All Day Liquid Lipstick - BesoStay All Day Liquid Lipstick - Beso

4.4

One of the best Reds I own. It's a gorgeous Colour and doesn't budge at all. Stila, still has one of my all-time favourite liquid lipstick formulas: Not overly drying and Color is very opaque.

This thing matches the glam I need to get along with my dark brown hair that looks black. Does set a bit longer but once it does, won't go away after you kiss someone (not making out with somebody).
I bought this the travel size, one application would cover all my lips. A bit more creamy liquid formula, not drying at all for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My holy grail of lipsticks! I can't emphasize it enough when I say how amazing this liquid lipstick is! I love it so much! My love affair with red liquid lipsticks began after I tried (and loved) Sephora Creme Lip Stain in "Always Red." Since then, I have tried so many different brands of reds and this, by far, is the best formula I have come across. I appreciate a good liquid lipstick with great staying power that doesn't make my lips look and feel like raisins. Like all matte liquid lipsticks though, it is still slightly drying, but not enough that it's really noticeable. It doesn't accentuate any lines or cracks in my lips, which I very much appreciate! When I first opened this, I was worried that the doefoot applicator would be too bulky & fuzzy to apply with precision, but that wasn't the case at all. It applies easily and perfectly! Smells good too! The color "Beso" is a true, neutral red, which makes it flattering on almost all skintones. It's a statement red without being too "in your face" and for that reason, I can wear it during the day without feeling self conscious. I receive so many compliments when I wear this. While Sephora's "Always Red," will probably always be my favorite shade of red (blue-based reds look more flattering with my fair, cool undertones), Stila's "Beso" is still my go-to, because the formula & staying power is far superior. I love that I can apply this and forget about it for hours. I highly recommend any of their Stay All Day Liquid Lipsticks. While they are a bit pricey (approx. $24), they are so worth every penny! If you love a good matte red lipstick, I highly doubt you'll regret this purchase! 5 well deserved lippies! 💄💄💄💄💄

on 1/11/2017 6:31:00 AM

really great consistency, amazing pigmentation (only needed one dip in the product to coat my whole lips), SUCH A NICE SHADE, the only problem is incredibly minor (slight transfer), and obviously if you eat oily or wet food it will come off but thats a given. i love it.

on 11/25/2016 11:01:00 PM

I have to be honest on this one, guys. I purchased this after trying NYX's Lip Suede (which is essentially the same product- a liquid lipstick) because I was looking for this true red with blue undertone color.
A salesgirl at Ulta approached me as I was attempting to look up reviews on these (even though I haven't found a single one that explains what I'm about to) and pitched me on the product, wearing a different shade of it herself at the time. She swore that it lasted almost 3 times as long as NYX's product, by name when I told her that was what had attracted me to liquid lipsticks in the first place. I eventually broke away from her and looked up a quick two reviews, both looked promising. So I purchased this $25 tube of lipstick.
I applied it once I left the store and then went across the street for dinner. At first, there was no transfer on my water glass, which I took to be very promising, as one review said there was a small amount of transfer. I then began to experience pretty steady transfer of the product. It wore off pretty badly-looking before the meal was up and I had to reapply it in spots multiple times.
I like the color, but for the price and the fact that it doesn't last anything like NYX's Lip Suede, I can buy four of them ($7 each) for the price of one of this product ($25+tax). I won't be purchasing this again.

on 9/16/2016 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I love this!!! It lasts forever and the color is super flattering on my tan skin (NC 42, Nars Stromboli). True red - I will not wear another red again! I've gone to weddings wearing this and it last through the food, various cocktails, and dancing. Would totally recommend this to anyone looking for a matte (but not crazy over drying) lipstick. Will repurchase once I run out!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Stila had liquid lipsticks before they were cool! And imo it's still one of the best formulas out there. It's not too thick, not too runny, just perfect. The applicator does pick up too much product though, so you probably have to scrape it on the sides. Not that big of a deal. Also, it does transfer, although very minimally. Smells like delicious sweet cake!

Beso is a gorgeous deep, classic true red. I think it looks SO romantic in the winter - perfect for a Snow White type of appeal.

on 6/18/2016 11:04:00 AM

I've gone through three of these since I was told about this shade (a friend of mine was wearing it and it looked so goddamn amazing on her) and I've currently been travelling for the last two months and this was one of the things I actually regret not bringing with me.

The formula can take a little getting used to if you're not familiar with long-last liquid lipsticks or matte lippies. Application can be a bit tricky at first too, especially when the tube is fresh (it's super liquid and you tend to get too much on the applicator and then on your face and then because you've put too much on, it flakes and peels...eugh). But once you're comfortable with the thing? There's no going back.

For a lazy girl like me, I love a product that lasts a stupidly long time on my face and doesn't require constant checking or touching up. And for me this is one of those products. Plus! I've never received so many compliments as when I wear this shade. And people constantly asking what it is I'm wearing.

The only draw back for me is the length of time these things last and the price. I'd say I get about the same amount of time as a mascara tube from these lipsticks (I alternate between Beso, Tesoro and Fiery - my Red Holy Trinity) and at a price of $32AUD - recently increased from $28, boo - this does make it quite a pricey vice to maintain. I guess it's a good thing I don't smoke.

Honestly though, for the confidence boost these things give, they're worth every cent (plus it's probably more hygienic that I go trough these that frequently anyway).

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a great classic true red shade. I think it leans very neutral for red, not too warm and definitely not cool toned.

Classy, not trashy, is what I tend to refer to it as. Reds on me either make me look like a cheap hooker or a clown..they are tricky on me, and this to me looks classy, not trashy. Something I would imagine a shade Marilyn Monroe would have loved. A very pretty shade, and I would recommend it to someone looking for a classic red, or a true red, or a statement red. It makes a statement without being too loud or obnoxious. Stays true to shade as the day wears on. When it wears off I am not left with a garish stain like many reds, so I definitely appreciate that!

If you want a statement lipstick, a great, true red, this might be worth checking out. Lasts for hours and leaves a nice decent stain. Applies just fine, and is easy to get evenly in the lines and it stays in the lines, which many reds tend to feather out and bleed. This one stays put. Not sticky or tacky at all. Pretty much you don't even feel it on!!

My only complaint is it is a little drying on me. I feel you definitely have to have your lips be in decent shape to wear this (ie, if your lips are dry or chapped, I would definitely steer clear of this). Even with a light balm applied first, I can still see the lines in my lips, and my lips, while older (45 years old), they are in decent shape, not dry or anything.

But the 'wow' factor of the red that packs a 'hello there!' aspect (not 'look at me!!' but definitely makes a statement!!), that all downplays the lines and the lines are probably more 'noticeable' to me than anyone else....But also, even though this is a little drying on me, it does not make my lips feel dry or uncomfortable. This is not something I would wear on a daily basis, just special occasions or date nights, that sort of thing, so even if it were to dry my lips, I do not wear it enough to have that happen. But I still wanted to mention it. Not sure if the other (more everyday) shades in this line also have this potential drying effect/look, but I just thought it was worth mentioning.

But if you want a classy red, this I think is definitely worth a look!! And not terribly priced, either.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

A coworker gave me this from her Birch Box because she doesn't wear red. I wish I knew about this lipstick sooner. I LOVE a matte finish and this lipstick is very lightweight. Another thing that I don't find too often in lipsticks is transfer proof. I ate a gigantic breakfast burrito with this lipstick on and expected nothing but red lipstick on my chin...a slight line, but nothing major like I had expected. Also the doe foot makes it extremely easy to apply.

Full Size Image