Supergoop! Daily Correct SPF 35 CC Cream

Supergoop! Daily Correct SPF 35 CC Cream

Titanium Dioxide 2%, Zinc Oxide 20%. Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propanediol, Dimethicone, Iron Oxides, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Sodium Chloride, Mica, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Titanium Dioxide, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer Chondrus Crispus Extract, Tetrasodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Chondrus Crispus Extract Methylisothiazolinone, Tin Oxide, Sodium Hyaluronate.

on 7/18/2014 11:25:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

First, I have to say that this CC Cream is quite possibly my favorite product of all time. I literally could not wait to review it. I first received a tiny sample of Supergoop CC cream in my Birchbox. I almost didn't even try it because BB creams and tinted moisturizers usually make me look like either the Walking Dead or like I'm not wearing makeup at all. I am SO glad I finally tried this CC cream. This one product has forever replaced foundation for me. That's right...this stuff covers like a light/medium foundation but looks like natural skin. It leaves a radiant glow that isn't greasy at all. I bought the full sized bottle and I have been wearing it every day for 2 weeks and I can honestly say that I am in love. I am typically an NC25 and I bought the shade "Light/Medium". The product self-adjusts to your skin-tone so it perfectly matches most complexions. It lasts the entire day for me without melting down or oxidizing. This cc cream not only has great coverage but it makes my pores non-existent and makes my face look airbrushed. I still use a small amount of concealer on blemishes but I had to do that even when I was using real foundation. The best part is that there is a very decent amount of SPF in this cc cream. I have noticed better skin even when I'm not wearing makeup! My search for the perfect foundation is officially over. I have found my HG!

on 5/18/2014 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this before a truly awful IPL treatment, and did not really appreciate this until after the tx and my skin was really beat up, red, sensitive, irritated - you name the problem, I had it after an IPL tx (read my review on that). I really needed mild, soothing products. I'd been using PC Hydralight spf30, which is fine, but was looking for something w/ a little more spf and a little more matte. I still like the PC Hydralight, but this is a nice alternative.

This is a good SS product w/ PA+++ and 20% ZnO. It is tinted, comes in 3 shades, and is quite thick and not all that easy to spread. However, its calming and covering abilities more than make up for the thickness.

It also has light-medium coverage as a foundation. If your skin has minor imperfections, you could use this instead of foundation. Unfortunately for me, the IPL made my skin even more imperfect than it was, so I feel the need to put foundation over this (oh how I wish I never did the IPL!!!). I could probably get away w/ this and just concealer in spots, but I don't want to risk the coverage wearing off so I use both. The good news is that this plays well w/ my foundation no problem (Revlon PhotoReady).

It's the best looking ss w/ this much ZnO that I've found. MOst high % ZnO ss's look awful and settle into every crease and line. For example, Cerave's high Zno ss for face does that very badly. After the IPL, I have more creases, irregularities and fine lines than ever, and this did not settle into them. However, if you put it on too thick, it will look cakey. As long as you blend quickly to get an even, thin layer, it looks good. Good stuff! The ingredients are:

Active Ingredients:
Titanium Dioxide (2%), Zinc Oxide (20%)
Inactive Ingredients:
Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propanediol, Dimethicone, Iron Oxides, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Sodium Chloride, Mica, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Titanium Dioxide, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chondrus Crispus Extract, Tetrasodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Chondrus Crispus Extract, Methylisothiazolinone, Tin Oxide, Sodium Hyaluronate

UPDATE: I do find that if I use this too many days in a row (about 1 1/2-2 weeks) I get some irritation. I suspect the Methylisothiazolinone, which is a preservative many companies have used to replace parabens. Unfortunately, Methylisothiazolinone can be more irritating for some people. I had this same problem but worse and faster w/ a makeup remover wipe and a baby wipe that also contained this ingredient. They probably contained more of it. Too bad. I can still wear this stuff, but I do have to switch this up w/ another product after about a week or so. If I wear it too many consecutive days in a row, I get some redness and irritation.

Kinda perfect. I have dry mature skin. this does NOT get in my lines, nor does it crack. Just a nice smooth finish which blends easily with my coloring.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this CC cream! Something to note, this is not a foundation and won't give you full coverage. Instead it evens out your skin tone so it looks like you have naturally smooth, healthy skin. No blotches, and will cover slight dark circles under the eyes as well. If you have a big zit or really dark under eye circles, you'll need to use a concealer with it. I wear it alone in the summer and under a dusting of bare minerals in the winter when I need a bit more coverage. I would describe it as a tinted moisturizer but much, much better. A $30 tube lasts me about 3 months with daily use. At that price point, I highly recommend testing the color in store before buying. I really like the texture of this product and it works well as an overall face moisturizer. It doesn't clog my pores, washes off easily and is probably my most favorite product I've discovered in years.

on 11/22/2014 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Love this product! I got this in my Birchbox and took it with me on vacation since it was travel sized and an all in one product. I wasn't sure about the color at first, but this matched me so well and it looked natural on my skin and not cakey or made up. I've applied this several ways, with my fingers, with a makeup sponge, and with a brush and it gave me a beautiful natural finish every time. I used this over primer every time as is my usual routine. This evened out my skintone and gave me an all over healthy look. I liked that this had sunscreen already built in saving me an extra product and step. This had light coverage but I liked that it wasn't too heavy and my freckles still shone through some. I didn't have any problems with breakouts after use either. I liked that this wasn't all perfumey either. I really loved this stuff and I was sad when I used the last of it. I will happily repurchase this.

Wow! This is really, REALLY an excellent CC cream! It would be safe to say that I have tried them all and nearly gave up trying to settle on since I like a lot of them, but none are truly a holy grail. I loved IT cosmetics for awhile but it made my skin itch and became way too oily on my skin (I have combo skin). I heard about this product by a sheer luck after watching Makeup by Tiffany D on YouTube where she mentioned this product. It looked good on her and I thought, what the heck let me try it.
This product is very light. The color range is limited but they self adjust. I bought the fail/light and my skin tone is naturally NC 20. It is just a tiny too light BUT after applying powder, bronzer and blush it looks completely natural. Keep in mind that the product is very LIGHT meaning it is not like the IT cosmetics CC cream that covers like a foundation. You WILL still see blemishes, but the overall skin appears will be evened out. The best part about this CC cream for me is the fact that it is paraben free and contains physical sunscreens that work the best for my skin type. I use it right after washing my face in the morning without an additional moisturizer. This is a moisturizing product that also leave a soft, natural appearance to the skin. After applying this I sometimes use an additional liquid or powder foundation, or nothing else on lighter days.

on 8/20/2014 10:15:00 PM

Ummm YES! I have dry acne prone skin and this is the shit people!!! It has an absolutely beautiful satin finish while providing excellent coverage even red blemishes AND still looks so natural on. It is definitely holy grail for me and hopefully you too! The colors seem to run just a tad dark. I'm an NC25/30 (yellow undertone) and use light medium in this. It's more like NW25 (pink undertone but super goop is neutral enough to still look like it's not there) Clearly I love it. Haha

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

A brief background on my skin: sensitive, acne-prone, recovering from a horrible breakout that was cystic, dark complexioned (equivalent to NW46 or 47 give or take), oily comb skin. I had a coupon for Ulta and I was on a search for the Vichy or LRP mineral sunscreen. I know that mineral sunscreen is not recommended for my skin type because it leaves a white cast but frankly my skin cannot tolerate chemical based sunscreen at all. No matter who makes it, my skin breaks out regardless. Unfortunately the Ulta location I went to ran out of both (how odd) so I picked this one up. I picked the darkest shade and even that was a joke on my face. It still left a white cast on my face but I covered it up by using a face powder that was bismuth-free powder. It never adjusted to my skin tone, even after an hour. This cream contains mica but it didn't make my face look greasy or highlight the bad texture of my skin. What I liked about this sunscreen/CC cream is that it actually helps dry out any active acne I have on my face. Makes sense since zinc oxide does the same for a diaper rash. It doesn't make me itch or break out. It does make my face dry but it will come in handy when summer comes around when I am a grease pit. I would purchase again. Recommending it, that is another question.

on 12/12/2013 5:50:00 PM

Even though i gave this three lippies, i really like this CC cream. i have light-medium skin and this does go on dark but once smoothed in it adjusts to my skin color perfectly, if not even lighter than my natural skin, so i like it. i have terrible oily yet dehydrated skin with large pores, and when i wear this people think im not wearing makeup or they comment on how even and clear my skin looks. it is not moisturizing at all though so if you have dry skin i dont think i would recommend it. the first time i used it i thought it was such a dry formula. but i have become thankful for that as i dont get as oily during the day, i personally rarely need to use moisturizer underneath, only in the fall when the weather cools and my skin flakes like crazy. it is very easy to blend and only at the end of my sample (i had two generous samples which i used for like two months), did i need to worry about blending, because the end of it was kind of a thicker consistency. but hey it was a small thing not the full size packaging so i dont know how it will behave in there. anyway as much as i love it, i cant rate it higher because i am not sure if it clogs my pores or dries my skin out or not. the last month i have been stressed and sleeping very badly and my skin has been breaking out, but i go through these phases every once in a while so im never completely sure what the issue is or whats to blame. my forehead though has gotten very bumpy and they arent pimples, i assume they are clogged pores or something, its a new problem which i dont think ive ever had, so basically i imagine its coincidence or the cc cream was gradually clogging or maybe drying my skin so it clogs easier. my skin is the type that needs daily exfoliation in order to feel smooth and i also stopped using my favorite exfoliator tatcha gentle enzymes and tried another well rated one called vasanti brighten up enzymatic face rejuvenator which also could have clogged my skin so i stopped using that and went back to tatcha. i ran out of my cc samples so its hard to say, but when i get a discount to buy it (this is expensive) and my skin has cleared sufficiently of these clogs, i will update this review. at the end of the day i think anyone with normal to oily skin should give it a chance.

Update 5/18/14: I ended up buying the full size of this and actually bought the wrong color by accident. I bought light to medium when I really should have bought fair to light. Ugh. I just wanted to say my skin is not super pale, I consider myself light to medium, not fair. But the fair to light shade is really better suited to light skin IMO. I think they run dark and this light to medium shade is slightly orangey on the skin, whereas the fair to light was more yellowy on me. Also, I wanted to add that if you have oily skin, I wouldn't suggest using moisturizer with this at all as you will look greasy, at least I do. Anyway I will update this again at a later date, I might save this shade for when I eventually tan a bit on my body but for now I just look dirty with the light to medium shade since my chest is so pale lol.

Update: I have come to realize this really screws up my skin :( serious breakouts every time I use it.

I love this product!! I have been disappointed with all other bb/cc creams I have tried. But this CC cream is exactly what I'm looking for.

I use it everyday with a damp beauty blender as my base. It lasts all day, does not get patchy, does not exaggerate fine lines/pores. I have not broken out. Looks natural. The coverage is light, which I want for my day to day. On special occasions I will blend it in with my foundation.

There is nothing I don't like. However, I do wish there were more colors. I already have repurchased. Definitely check it out!