Supergoop! Daily Correct SPF 35 CC Cream

Supergoop! Daily Correct SPF 35 CC Cream

Titanium Dioxide 2%, Zinc Oxide 20%. Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propanediol, Dimethicone, Iron Oxides, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Sodium Chloride, Mica, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Titanium Dioxide, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer Chondrus Crispus Extract, Tetrasodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Chondrus Crispus Extract Methylisothiazolinone, Tin Oxide, Sodium Hyaluronate.

on 5/18/2013 2:01:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I received a sample of this in my BirchBox and tried it. My sample lasted 10 days, which is about my time range for trying a new product to see if I want to purchase a full size. I didn't break out at all during that timeframe, and it shortened my morning routine because I didn't have to apply sunscreen and primer in addition to mattifying gel and foundation! My skin reacts to changes in my routine, so I'm always afraid to add or subtract something as I might be dealing with breakouts after that, and of course I hate that! This did not cause appreciable bad changes in my skin! Yay! There is some mica/shimmer to this product, but it feels to me as though it makes the foundation dewy, not sparkly. I like the light to medium coverage and the way it feels very natural. No scent, lasts 8 hrs, covers what I need, with a bit of concealer for problem areas. This will be a great summertime replacement for my usual Prescriptives foundation. The light/med color is a wee bit dark for my unsuntanned skin, but that will change as the summer progresses!
3/16/16 update: I've been repurchasing this for several years now--I'm wearing less makeup a than I used to as I age--trying to just even out my skin tone--so I suppose it has less coverage than a regular foundation. I still use a concealer for trouble areas underneath this CC cream, but that's it. Great stuff!

on 5/24/2013 8:31:00 PM

I was incredibly fortunate in receiving a sample of the Supergoop! CC Cream in my April Birchbox! I received the shade light/medium, but there is also a medium/dark shade. I am always incredibly hesitant to try products on my face, because my skin is incredibly sensitive; however, the package stated that the CC Cream is fragrance-free, which is my biggest problem. My skin is incredibly sensitive to fragrance, so if a product does not specifically say "fragrance-free" on the packaging, then I avoid it. Since this did say "fragrance-free", I figured I would give it a go.

When I first squirted it out of the package, it was much darker than my skin tone, which surprised me. The product claims to be a "self-adjusting shade", but I was still a little doubtful. Initially, it was darker on my skin, but then once I started blending the product, it adjusted to my skin perfectly. I used my fingers to apply it, but you could also use a brush or a beauty sponge. The consistency is thicker than I expected from a CC cream, but once it is on the face it felt amazing and natural. The finish is much more of a satin, natural finish, which I prefer. I checked every couple of hours and the lasting power was incredible. I have oily skin, so I often struggle with my foundation wearing away by the end of the day. This held up beautifully, yet looked so natural. The product is fragrance-free, paraben-free, free of petrochemicals, and free of oxybenzone.

I don't tend to get breakouts, so I cannot say on how it covers problem areas. The only times I really get break outs are when I use a product that has fragrance. I am so happy that this product has not broken me out! This product made my skin look so good! The sample lasted me a good amount of time and as soon as I was running low, I ordered a full size!

I highly recommend this product if you don't require a full coverage foundation, you like more satin, natural finishes, and who have sensitive skin.

on 6/17/2013 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Combo, ultra-sensitive, very acne-prone skin. NC15-20/very yellow/olive, Almay Buff, Revlon CS Buff, Lancome Teint Idole Buff 2 (W), MUFE HD 117

I really love so much about this stuff but there are a couple of deal killers, I just can't wear it. My skin is currently dehydrated and I've had a hard time finding something with a nice finish, that will wear well and won't cake up or get oily. This was great. Beautiful satiny-matte/natural finish, medium coverage, pores were smoothed out and 4 hours later it still looked great.
The color looked very dark straight out of the tube but it did seem as if it would be yellow enough. Oddly, it lightened but turned pinkish once blended on my skin. It wasn't real obvious, no demarcation at my jawline or anything but it was definitely too pink.
Unfortunately, this has something in it that my skin can't handle and I spent that 4 hours trying not to claw my face off and the redness/irritation it left behind is not so pretty :(

on 7/22/2013 11:54:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I really like this CC cream, but the light shade is not a good color match for my fair/light skin. I will write my review based on everything but the color, because if you can get a match, I would recommend this product.

This CC cream goes on matte and stays matte all day, even on my combo-oily skin. I have patches on my chin which get red and flaky easily and this CC cream did not exacerbate the issue, as many products do. It covered up my redness well and generally did not emphasize my dry spots, though on days where I had flakiness, it did show. I wore this on days with high humidity and days where it was 105 out and it stayed in place without melting or getting splotchy. Most days I smoothed it on with my fingers, but it also worked well with a brush. (I like the Urban Decay Good Karma Optical Blurring Brush.) It does not moisturize and I wore it over a moisturizer on days when I needed moisture. It's a little stiff and doesn't blend quickly, but it does blend well.

I'm disappointed in the color range and the fact that the light shade was a touch too dark for my fair/light skin. If it had been a better match, this would be my summer foundation for sure.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had received a sample of this several months ago from Birchbox. I had been searching for the right formula BB cream for me but to no avail. Along comes this CC cream and it is PERFECT for my dry skin. Although it doesnt moisturize my skin it works well after letting my moisturizer set in. It is thick but it blends easily and adjusts to my skin tone perfectly like it says it will do. I have light skin (MAC NC25) and the color I use is "Light to Medium self adjusting shade". I have been using this all summer because of the decent SPF of 35. I love that it is paraben & fragrance free. Overall this is an outstanding medium coverage foundation that I will be a loyal user of as long as they make it. Supergoop! is awesome. Check them out. (I think it's $32 by the way...not a bad price at all. Ive been dishing out $55 for Chanel and it only has an spf of 10)

on 8/23/2013 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I so wanted this to work because I really loved this one...sadly the lightest shade was still too dark (this only comes in two shades). I thought maybe I could get away with it for the summer until my daughter asked me in the car why my face was darker than the rest of me..lol. I'm about an NC20.

on 9/21/2013 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Like the previous reviewer, too dark and orangey for my nc20 skin tone. When I first pat it on it seems like the color will be ok but it immediately starts to oxidize. I use LRP Tinted Mineral which is actually pretty close to this in color, but I think I can get away with the LRP because it is much more sheer and doesn't turn darker once on the skin. Supergoop CC is much thicker and opaque than the tinted mineral sunscreens I'm used to, thus it gives a lot more coverage. Contains 'xane' cones if that's a problem for you. They really need to make a 'fair' shade.

This is the best tinted moisturizer/foundation/BB/CC I've ever used! The light/medium is perfect for my NC25 skin. It's about the same as nars TM in Alaska, but more neutral/less yellow. The website says they're adding a lighter shade before the holidays. The coverage on this is about the same as nars, which I would consider light in foundation terms. It is matte with just enough shine to look non-powdery ( not much!). I can't imagine anyone needing powder with this, and it lasts well for me. But, it hasn't dried my combo skin out at all (like revlon's nearly naked did over time). I have tendency towards flakey skin and this hasn't emphasized that for me like foundations do. This has a primer-like finish that does an amazing job smoothing over pores and wrinkles (this is major for me as my skin is less than perfect!). It feels velvety to the touch. You hardly have blend it at all-I dab it on with a sponge in a beautyblender fashion. Removal is easy at the end of the day. The best part is the non-chemical spf 35 which is hard to find in a product that doesn't look pastey. No breakouts or irritation for me and I have touchy skin. It's not cheap, but you are getting 1.6 oz as opposed to the normal 1 oz amount of other products.

on 11/4/2013 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

Okay so this is my first review ever for any make-up. I know how new CC creams are pretty new to the US market and I wanted to say that I sampled 3 different brands. Hands down Supergoop tops these 3 high end CC creams. I have oily T-Zone and do not like anything on my face that makes it look shiny or feel oily. Well I tried Juice Beauty and leaves my faces greasy and shiny. The smell is great and that's about it. But it has some great ingredients in it. Also I have tried PeterThomasRoth CC Cream and its okay, has some okay coverage, but leaves a very sticky almost tacky feel to my face and only lasts about 3-4 hours if that. Don't like that at all. Even if you don't have my skin type, I really think that this CC Cream from Supergoop is all around and I'm so happy I bought trial in everything to make sure I wasn't wasting my money. I bought the trials off of Ebay and would highly suggest this. Supergoop is pricey as well as the others, but going by the ingrediants. The better of all 3 again is Supergoop.
SUPERGOOP is the best. I tried these products with trial size samples for about 2 weeks just to make sure. Hope this helps.

on 12/12/2013 5:50:00 PM

Even though i gave this three lippies, i really like this CC cream. i have light-medium skin and this does go on dark but once smoothed in it adjusts to my skin color perfectly, if not even lighter than my natural skin, so i like it. i have terrible oily yet dehydrated skin with large pores, and when i wear this people think im not wearing makeup or they comment on how even and clear my skin looks. it is not moisturizing at all though so if you have dry skin i dont think i would recommend it. the first time i used it i thought it was such a dry formula. but i have become thankful for that as i dont get as oily during the day, i personally rarely need to use moisturizer underneath, only in the fall when the weather cools and my skin flakes like crazy. it is very easy to blend and only at the end of my sample (i had two generous samples which i used for like two months), did i need to worry about blending, because the end of it was kind of a thicker consistency. but hey it was a small thing not the full size packaging so i dont know how it will behave in there. anyway as much as i love it, i cant rate it higher because i am not sure if it clogs my pores or dries my skin out or not. the last month i have been stressed and sleeping very badly and my skin has been breaking out, but i go through these phases every once in a while so im never completely sure what the issue is or whats to blame. my forehead though has gotten very bumpy and they arent pimples, i assume they are clogged pores or something, its a new problem which i dont think ive ever had, so basically i imagine its coincidence or the cc cream was gradually clogging or maybe drying my skin so it clogs easier. my skin is the type that needs daily exfoliation in order to feel smooth and i also stopped using my favorite exfoliator tatcha gentle enzymes and tried another well rated one called vasanti brighten up enzymatic face rejuvenator which also could have clogged my skin so i stopped using that and went back to tatcha. i ran out of my cc samples so its hard to say, but when i get a discount to buy it (this is expensive) and my skin has cleared sufficiently of these clogs, i will update this review. at the end of the day i think anyone with normal to oily skin should give it a chance.

Update 5/18/14: I ended up buying the full size of this and actually bought the wrong color by accident. I bought light to medium when I really should have bought fair to light. Ugh. I just wanted to say my skin is not super pale, I consider myself light to medium, not fair. But the fair to light shade is really better suited to light skin IMO. I think they run dark and this light to medium shade is slightly orangey on the skin, whereas the fair to light was more yellowy on me. Also, I wanted to add that if you have oily skin, I wouldn't suggest using moisturizer with this at all as you will look greasy, at least I do. Anyway I will update this again at a later date, I might save this shade for when I eventually tan a bit on my body but for now I just look dirty with the light to medium shade since my chest is so pale lol.

Update: I have come to realize this really screws up my skin :( serious breakouts every time I use it.