Urban Decay Moondust Eyeshadow in Moonspoon

Urban Decay Moondust Eyeshadow in Moonspoon

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! This eyeshadow is a medium gray with bright silver sparkle. I always wear it packed onto the lid, applied with a wet finger, as I've heard this will give the most intense effect.

The first few times I wore it I didn't use a primer and after a while there was glitter all over my face. Today I used an eye primer and had very minor glitter fallout when applying (easily brushed away). Now, over 6 hours later, there still isn't glitter anywhere on my face other than on my lids (where I intended it to be), and this shadow hasn't creased at all.

This could probably be used dry for a less intense effect. However, this shadow still has massive amounts of silvery glitter particles in it. The glitter is incredibly fine but extremely noticeable nevertheless. It's genuinely the most beautiful eyeshadow I've ever used. It has so much depth and looks like a sky full of stars on your eyelids. But there are some cons.

The packaging is made of plastic. It's very light and insubstantial. I know this is because these urban decay eyeshadow singles are sort of designed to be placed directly in one of the build-your-own palettes they provide without having to depot them. However, for the price of $21 I'd like the packaging to be a little nicer. Also the fact that you're paying $21 for .05oz of pressed powder product is sort of insane.

on 11/21/2013 1:25:00 AM

This evokes the scattering of a million stars in the sky, small glittery things peppering the night sky. It is a luminous metal silver that goes a bit darker at certain angles. The soft, glittery effect is what stands out the most for me. It isn't metallic, just somehow retains a softness while somehow still dazzling with its fine sparkly silver dust. If you use Too Faced Glitter Glue you won't get fallout with this lovely shadow. This will be pretty for the holidays, very wearable while still giving a glamorous feel to a holiday eye look.

To Read all 4 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/3/2013 12:28:00 PM

Oops. The color is "Moonspoon" not Moonspun. MB!!

on 5/16/2013 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This eyeshadow is silver/dark grey perfection and downright pretty. In the pan it looks like a million sparkling diamonds. And true in UD style it is silky smooth and yes, it works better when applied with your finger. In true sparkle fashion it does have some fall out so I apply it before I apply the rest of my face makeup. This shadow just works, it has just enough sparkle to get noticed but still look classy. It also plays well with other shadows and I use it on top of dark matte shadows and pretty pinks. A tiny bit for a day look and more for a night look.