Elizabeth Taylor White Diamonds

Elizabeth Taylor White Diamonds
White Diamonds

3.0

on 5/28/2016 7:56:00 AM

I like wearing this around the house in the weekend. I think it has a nice fragrance of flowers, and it makes me think of my grandmother.

on 4/1/2016 3:11:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

second bottle and I love it! the funny thing with these reviews is that its the 30-40 age range but they are calling this old lady lol lol lol well over 30 is no spring chicken my fellow reviewers so maybe its time for the quote old lady scents maybe pick up one for your next bday and enjoy lmaooooo...

Okay, before I 'fess up that this is my favorite and signature fragrance, two facts:

1) I'm not geriatric or a grandma. I have 2 young kids. (Mad respect to the grandmas out there, though! Mine was still getting propositioned at age 85.)

2) I'm not into cheapies exclusively. I've got a fragrance collection of >100 scents, including Chanels, Marc Jacobses, Lauders, Bath & Body Works lotions/sprays, and essential oils from Whole Foods.

All that said, I simply adore White Diamonds on its own merits. Its exhilarating, soapy aldehydes and creamy white florals play beautifully against its chypre/oakmoss base, for an uplifting and fresh scent that always makes me happy.

I used to feel embarrassed about that. Why would I keep running back to a maligned drugstore oldie that is so often overapplied by its users, to the point of fumigating the populace at Walmart and Target and getting itself a terrible reputation? Here's the thing: NOTHING smells good when overapplied. And WD, being of 1991 vintage, is a Big Perfume that (even in its present EDT iteration) is concentrated and lingering. Two sprays, and a little of the body cream on my forearms, is ENOUGH.

But God bless Liz Taylor, she had her game ON when she created this one! Instant classic, and it fits my image as someone who's unpretentious and casual, yet with my own style. And for those who say "OLD LADY" when they smell it, this one is a pussycat compared to chokers like Youth Dew, Aromatics, Giorgio or Poison. Those of us who've sampled other classic/vintage perfumes realize how affable and quiet WD is by comparison. Wearable, cozy, and gentle. Of course, if you're comparing it to strawberry hand sanitizer or watery body sprays, it does seem "strong." But even still, I invite you to shed your prejudice and give WD an honest wearing. It's just so pretty, and a real bargain. I keep crawling back for more :)

on 7/6/2015 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is my favorite perfume of all time! It's a whole lot cheaper on Amazon, at first when I ordered it from there I was scared it wasn't the original. But it is. It's like half the price online than what it is in Macy's. I've seen some reviews that's it's an old grandmas smell. Like really? It smells really good. I wear it to work and at least 2-3 customers compliment me on it and ask me which perfume it is. They wouldn't ask me that if I smelled like a grandma. LOL. This is my second bottle so far, the bigger bottle (3.3 oz) lasts a long time. There are many different white diamonds perfumes, I know there's a yellow, gold and white one. My favorite is the gold one. It just had a better and longer lasting scent. It definently lasts the whole day... I love the compliments I get!

on 4/13/2015 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I received a tiny bottle of White Diamonds free when I bought Elizabeth Taylor's Violet Eyes. I have the pure parfum. So, I can't comment on the edp or the edt. While I don't like White Diamonds as well as Violet Eyes, it's still very pretty. White Diamonds opens with a big whiff of aldehydes and white flowers. The floral notes become soapier over time. The dry down is laundry soap musky with some oakmoss. I especially love the lily in it. I was shopping and was smelling this beautiful lily aroma everywhere. Eventually I realized it was me! It's really weird. It's like a perfume within a perfume. White Diamonds is really strong though. People need to use a light hand during application, or it will become overpowering.

on 4/11/2015 5:39:00 PM

Uhmmm....this is a hard review to write..complex relationship with WD! Ok I give it 3 stars, which will sound odd when I tell you I wore it to work all Fall. I do like the smell, but during all that time I got 3 compliments...no biggie;-)
But the real problem with wearing WD is that it is very recognizable...meaning sold at Walmart during Christmas, and on the clearance aisle after!
I got 2 gifts sets, so I wear it because it is pleasant to my nose. Yet I will not repurchase because it is not exactly the image I am going for..lol!
Also this scent was huge when I am in college, so the memories attached to the scent are wonderful for me. That is worth a lot sine days.
Probably has had it day in my life...but ultimately the best of the drugstore scents.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My sister asked for White Diamonds for Christmas. I knew our grandmother wore it (along with any and every Liz Taylor fragrance), but my memory of the scent itself was harsh and well... for mature women.

I bought a bottle for her, and since she is my sister :), I tested it before wrapping it up. It smells warm and exactly like my grandmother. The drydown is a lovely floral.

I also like White Diamonds & Emeralds, and will be buying the rest of the line when I can. Of course, I will definitely be buying my own bottle of WD!

Try it! Definitely wait for the drydown.

on 10/15/2014 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This stuff lasts easily 12 hours and has moderate-to-major sillage (depending upon how much you apply). I just wish I liked the scent. It is okay on some people but not on me. I would describe it as a powdery white floral.

I was in cvs and there were fragrance samples out so I sprayed this out of curiosity and I really liked it so I bought it I can't describe it other than it smells classic and a lil powdery it reminds me of the chanel perfumes the two older ones #5 and coco its along those lines like a perfumy smell not sweet but I am really diggin this I never paid this any attention before but I'm glad I sampled it otherwise id have never purchased this.

on 8/7/2014 8:14:00 PM

Hubby gave this to me a few years back and initially I didn't go for it, but it's grown on me. It has quite a 'mature' scent to it I think, is very strong initially, but has super-staying power and becomes quite a bit less strong as time goes on. It's quite a nice fragrance that I would probably re-purchase. Plus the bottle is very pretty.

Popular Fragrances