3.0

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

This fragrance is the polar opposite of what I wear. I cannot wear these types of perfumes but if you can then White Diamonds is for you. The rating is based on the product itself. As far as big white floral perfumes go it is a good one. Available everywhere and for not a lot of dough. I don't hate smelling it on other people except that they usually wear way way way too much of it. Less is more and in my experience amount of application completely changes a fragrance. In some cases like White Diamonds, mere molecules would be stunning if more wearers would just do so. I'm testing out the pure perfume formula of this right now as an experiment. If you love White Diamonds you really should have the perfume. It is one of the sweetest pretty white floral scents. Probably why it is so very popular. I think the perfume does this fragrance justice. I will never wear it myself but it really is a great translation of this fragrance.

About reviewer (74 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

a year ago

IT is certainly not unpleasant and has nothing bad about it eg if I smell it on someone else I don’t mind it at all. I just don’t like it enough to wear myself it is too muddled smelling for my taste. Not in a bad way, it’s artificial smell like how Chanel No 5 has it, as in i cannot distinguish any particular note. I also think it is not as elegant as No 5 but still not at all bad either. The impression it gives me is like a necklace with a cluster of amber coloured beads at the center rather than strung out all along the chain- it’s just a different style that is not for me. If someone likes it, keep going with it! If I had to link it to some tangible scent I would say it smells like baby powder and moth balls and floral air freshener but honestly that is only what I link certain elements of it to- when it is sprayed especially- it isn’t the end impression it gives when ppl wear it. The drydown is not harsh.

About reviewer (95 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesBrown

a year ago

I have avoided Elizabeth Taylor perfumes for years because I thought the scents would be too mature and "old lady" for me. I kept seeing her perfume everywhere and decided to look up reviews online. I purchased several perfumes because of the great price point. I've sprayed each one on paper and White Diamonds is the first one I've actually worn. When I first sprayed this on my wrist, I thought, "Oh no, here's the mature smell I was afraid of". It was very loud, potent, powder and earthy spice, strong on the spice. I slapped a jacket on and prayed the dry down would be softer, and it was. A classic, soft, powdery amber smell. It still smells a little "mature" for me, but I'm getting used to it. The scent has lasted all day. I would not spray this anywhere but my wrist, and one spray is definitely enough. The bottle is simple but elegant.

About reviewer (161 reviews)

Age

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

a year ago

A few years back, I took a *very* tentative spray of White Diamonds from a tester at CVS. I knew allll about its “cheap” and “old lady” connotations and how the churxh grannies choke everyone out with it. Etc etc etc. So I fully expected something putrid, harsh, and overwhelming. Instead, what hit my skin was a clean, bright, effervescent and almost giddy aroma that dried down to soft, tender white flowers and woods. It starts off like a wonderful spa soap and ends with a soft caress of sandalwood.I LOVED it! Vontage-y? Yes. It was created in 1991. But old-lady-ish? Only in the sense that it’s a memorable classic, and anything that fits that description will be old-lady-ish to some. In the past 5 years I’ve amassed White Diamonds in every form, from EDT to body cream to Parfum. I descend on the drugstores at Cheistmastime for those ubiquitous gift sets. I am straight HOOKED. Want to know why so many women can’t quit the White Diamonds? Because it’s great stuff! Try it with an open mind.

About reviewer (230 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair, Not Sure

HairRed, Other, Other

EyesBrown

3.0

a year ago

I was given this in a giftset from my Grandma this Christmas. I was secretly sad, always associating this fragrance with chain smoking grannies. Boy was my ungratefulness checked. My Grandma's class was shown. I can see why this is a classic. I can see why it's affordable. It was very dated in the bottle, but I gave it a chance. After the dry down, (USED VERY SPARINGLY) it smells like a clean, powdery, floral sophisticated woman. Generic, safe, timeless, welcoming. If you are not a fussy fan of perfumes and just need a classy, economical fragrance to wear, this is it. If used sparingly, it is beautiful. The two bottles and body lotion will last me forever. I'm crazy about perfume and love bold, peculiar scents, so this is too safe for me. I really appreciate the gift, but wouldn't purchase myself. The fragrance runs about $25 a bottle, and it lasts. You don't need much.

About reviewer (237 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

a year ago

A very stylish perfume that smells way more expensive than it is - especially as higher end houses are leaning toward its style and we are getting more accustomed to getting similar vibes from more recent products. I'm a child of the eighties. Like many of my peers in my country, I started my fragrance journey with fruits and I was surrounded with adults wearing big orientals of the 80s/90s - that are also having a comeback I suppose. From kiddo fruits, we transitioned into Tresor, Dune and the like which I would consider too big for secondary school children now. Despite all sorts of huge clouds we were surrounding ourselves with, we had this silly arrogance. Some things were old-school, florals and aldehydes and anything chypree was a big no no. Some things were not modern enough. What changed this in later years was Chanel. A bit uncomfortable at first maybe, but that difficult thing that becomes addictive after a point. Enter White Diamonds. Years later. No need for snobbishness, White Diamonds can stand right next to classic Chanel stuff though pleasure to be derived may certainly differ and is subjective. Still, it does have the vibe. To my nose, with a bigger laughter and joie de vivre because of the sweetness of yellow florals surrounding the big white florals. I'm sometimes afraid that it will become too sweet or too tired-ambery on me, but it doesn't. It does open with old-school aldehydes, yes. And so do so many Amouages and whatnot. Whereas other members of this genre have this distant yet attractive quality - come hither and hear the roar-, White Diamonds has an unashamed sultriness that never becomes vulgar. And again, we get that fuzzy, hissy, enveloping drydown - part soap, part fur, part powder. Both clean and a bt of skank. Something lived-in. Not untouchable. These perfumes make me think of women who are content in their bodies whatever shape those bodies come in. I find that comfort in one's own body very confident and attractive. Perfume with attitude. We cannot find White Diamonds in my country. Once in a while, someone brings it from the US. And you always get asked what you ar wearing. People always cite very expensive houses. Skinny jeans, slim-fit leather jackets, statement scarves, Tom Ford sunglasses. One spritz of White Diamonds can handle it all. I will be eternally grateful that this perfume exists at this price range. One extra lippie for the price and lasting power. It would be a definite 5 if the drydown was just a bit less sweet.

About reviewer (635 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairRed

a year ago

I just tried this after over looking it for years. I expected it would be harsh and loud . It is not! It smells rich, complex, soft and floral and musky . It is the best selling celeb perfume ever, and now I know why. It smells expensive and creamy and RICH. Give this a try . I wish I had tried it sooner!

About reviewer (58 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

from

2 years ago

This is my favourite perfume. I was given some during a very stressful period in my life, and the effect was like being enveloped in a soft, scented hug by the most glamorous woman in the world. Elizabeth Taylor of course. Ever since then I have associated it with both elegance and comfort. The fragrance is warm, feminine, complex and lasts for hours. I don't know much about the making of fragrances, but the scent is like the perfect combination of flowers and woody spice, with nothing cloying. I can never get over how cheap it is, as I receive more compliments about this than other fragrance, all being far more expensive. It is the complexity I love. Creating this fragrance must have been a real labour of love. The only thing I am not too keen on is the packaging. I would like a simple, discreet little bottle, but I don't think Liz Taylor did simple and discreet!

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

3 years ago

This is magnificent. It makes me feel like I'm on Capri with Burton. Small children cling to me because I smell 'beautiful', old men compliment me and ask me what 'scent' I'm wearing - just gorgeous. I accept it's not for everyone, if you crave modernity it's probably not your bag, but if you secretly long for a past you don't remember, give it a try. It works in the daytime and at night and it layers well with most things I've tried so far - a tiny dab of Angel for the night, Penhaligan's Equinox Bloom and various Diptyques for the daytime. The EDT bottle is robust and very much of its time, with the 30ml being ideal for handbags. The parfum bottle cries out for the dressing table in your boudoir. The price point is added joy, you need never run out. Yeah, I rather like it...

About reviewer (40 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair

HairOther

EyesBlue

1.0

3 years ago

I think it smells like nasty mothballs, bug-spray, and organic Lysol. I will never buy it again. I think you should do so too!

About reviewer (3 reviews)

AgeUnder 18