Jordana lipstick - Blushed

Price: $

Price: $

on 11/12/2017 12:05:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have this in Jordana's matte formula. It is a beautiful, bright hot pink demi-matte. It does settle into lip lines if you don't layer and leave it to set before rubbing lips together. It also turns white/waxy if too close to wet part of lips. It tingles a bit immediately after application but that quickly fades.

I LOVE the color but it is so dry. I can feel my lips starting to flake under this after only a few hours. Combined with the tricky white base issues, this is one I wont be keeping. Hopefully I can find a similar shade in a better formula from Milani since they are sister brands.

It's me, writing yet another Jordana review! I'm simply in love with this brand!

Last night I ran out and bought more Jordana products -- one of them being this "Blushed" lipstick. I'd previously skipped right over it because it looked like a frosted pink in the tube, but after reading reviews about the other pearl finish lipsticks, I decided to give it a go, and am I ever glad that I did! This shade wears on me like a softly pearlescent rose and the pearl finish is not frosty, OTT or outdated at all.

Like I said in my other Jordana lipstick review (for Hollywood Red), the packaging is terrific, durable and in my mind very modern clear plastic. The same as the Shu Uemera lipsticks. The scent of these lipsticks is a sweet fruity candy scent and it's very likable.

I put this lipstick on (over a layer of ELF lip lock) when I sat down at work this morning -- around 9 am -- and it's now 2:30 pm and the color is still going very strong. These lipsticks aren't even touted as long-wearing, but they are! And note that I'm currently going through a water drinking phase. I've had about 10 paper cups of water today, eaten lunch, and had tea and this lipstick keeps on going.

The pearl finish in this lipstick does leave a slightly fine-grainy feel on the lips, but it's not terrible, especially since the formula isn't drying. I did slick on a layer of Jordana LOL gloss in E-123 mid-morning, and that got rid of any grainy feeling.

Ladies (and gents?), this is yet another HG product for me from Jordana! I've had a hard time find the right pink lipstick for myself that is office appropriate and doesn't look weirdly Nicki Minaj on me, and this is it!