Clarins Toning Lotion with Iris (Alcohol-free)

No Image

3.2

on 6/4/2018 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My sensitive and red cheeks dont flare up when I use this ! I use it every night and it removes every last bit of makeup, will definitely repurchase. The smell is not strong but takes a while to get used to.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have been using this for about 2 weeks and am really liking it so far. My skin is more combination than oily, and dehydrated. I love the fact that it is alcohol free, and one of the main ingredients is aloe. I suffer with redness and this hasn't exacerbated it at all. I have seen some reviews saying the scent is very strong, however I actually like it and feel it isn't too overpowering. Personally I never feel like I have finished cleansing without a toner, so this is perfect. Buying it in the pack with the matching cleanser makes it very cost effective, however I have noticed I am using it up fairly quickly.

EDIT: In the end I have stopped using all Clarins products as after a few weeks, my skin turned greasier and oilier than ever before. It gradually returned to normal after I switched to products from other brands, so will not be finishing or repurchasing this product. Such a shame as I had high hopes. On the other hand, it didn't make my redness worse or make me break out, so for those of you with normal skin I think this would be great

I had high expectation on this toner. I had it in sample size using it very very exporadically and it seamed to be good for leaving my skin toned after cleansing.

I purchased in regular size and liked the fact that it has natural ingredients and it's oil free.

First, I used it morning and night after cleansing. It did made my skin feel confortable at first and absorbed well. But I realised my skin felt a bit sticky afterwards and maybe even gettin oily quicker than usual, which made me think that this may be a bit too drying and my skin felt the necessity of creating oil.

So I continued to use it only at night. I have to say that this is great if you have large and dirty pores, this toner helps cleaning those areas and making your skin refreshed and tight.

BUT!!!! I have come to use it ONLY in my T zone, my cheeks are VERY sensitive and I noticed this toner made my cheeks sting and make my the small bumps on my cheeks red and bigger :(

So as a conclusion, this is very good for purifying and toning oily or even combination skin, but not if your skin is very sensitive. If your skin IS sensitive but still oily and with large pores/pimples I recomend to use it only on yout T Zone and only once a day (you really can feel this cleans your pores and purifies your pimples, but it also stings sensitive areas or open pimples which could be bad but also means its healing imperfections but in a harsh way).

As I only us it on my T-zone, once it is absorved (which it does quicky), I apply Shiseido's Pureness Balancing Lotion on all of my face, which is a Lotion I really recommend for sensitive skin, beacuse this is great stuff for calming your skin and taking away all the redness and at the same time hydrating s bit.

Finally, some people comment the smell of Clarin's Iris Toner is too strong. I have to admit that the smell IS very present but I wouldn't describe it as strong, it's more like a fresh-sweet combination that fades quickly. I'm not throuwn back by the smell, it's "relaxing" and "clean", but a bit less fragance would make it less harsh on skin.

on 9/9/2017 2:11:00 PM

I'm not a fan of this toner, though I love the brand's other toners.

It's sticky and has a strange scent I can't get used to. It does remove the last traces of makeup.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is an okay product. It smells nice and does an okay job. Nothing special about it. Will consider other products as this is on the expensive side.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Although my skin isn't oily, and Clarins SA's are usually aghast that I want to purchase this toner, I really love this product. Like all Clarins toners, it is alcohol free so doesn't dry my skin but in warmer weather, it is such a lovely and refreshing product for my face. I use this almost like a Micellaire water in the mornings. I just splash my face with tepid water, dry it and then apply this on a cotton pad and my face is refreshed and ready for my morning products. I also enjoy its very light, barely noticeable but fresh scent. Dry skinned people needn't fear this product - I honestly feel it's much more "for all skin types".

on 10/22/2014 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love it's smell and it doesnt't dry or irritate my skin - that's why I bought it three times and don't mind buying it again. Didn't notice any special effect on my skin though :)

Disappointing product, and I am quite a fan of Clarins. I had been acne-free for ages, and sadly, using this product made it come back slightly. The skin on my forehead became rather pumpy. Wil not repurchase and didn't finish the product. Back to my tried and tested Avene thermal water. I felt that the Clarins toner was just too hars on my skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This toner is decent. It never irritates my skin. When I was combination-dry, simply put this on would help prevent me from breaking out. Unfortunately with my combination-oily skin it doesn't do the trick anymore. But I do appreciate the fact that it contains no alcohol and doesn't irritate my skin. Dislikes the packaging though, would be much better with a pump. It is currently tied with Shiseido's pureness toner.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Being a Chemist, my fiancee took one look at the claims and told me I paid quite a bit for fragranced and coloured water. There was nothing beneficial in the ingredients, nothing natural in it. He also wasn't a fan of the smell, as it reminded him of baby lotion and/or expensive hotel hand wash.

Nevertheless I decided to prove him wrong. However within a month, the smell also began to irritate me. The toner even stung my face and turned it red on application. Never had a toner done that. I wasn't sure if the discolouration of my face was due to this, or the Hydra Matte Lotion I had switched to at the same time I bought this toner...Both products did not control oil well on my T-Zone so I decided to discontinue them and switch to a different product that works better and was cheaper.

I do not recommend either products even though a friend recommended them to me. I do recommend their make up products though. I am a fan of them.