Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids - Shocking Coral 910

Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids - Shocking Coral 910
Color Sensational Vivids - Shocking Coral 910Color Sensational Vivids - Shocking Coral 910

3.9

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is such a pretty, wearable Coral for cool toned ladies. It's hard to find a non-hot pink Coral for us! This is the classic finish so it's fresh and moist looking.

I remember when the Maybelline Vivids launched a few years ago and I so desperately wanted this colour, but I just never ended up getting it. I finally bought it, and honestly it is one of the worst lipsticks I've ever tried. I'm definitely not a fan of the Vivid's formula overall, they tend to be quite slippery feeling and wet looking on the lips, and this one was all that, but it was also patchy and stuck to every single dry area on my lips, even when I didn't know I had any. Also, this is definitely not a coral. There is no warmth to this lipstick whatsoever, and I would describe it as more of a medium bubblegum pink.

on 4/6/2016 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I bought this because it was on sale &it's supposed to be a dupe for the Ysl 52. The formula of this lipstick isn't the best. Any dryness or unwanted texture on your lips will be enhanced by this. It doesn't apply smoothly at all. However other than that the colour is stunning. Very brightening to the face, really fresh and makes me think of summer. I love to just wear this, very natural looking skin, some mascara and out the door. Oh by the way this is definitely Not coral in any way! It's a hot pink that's slightly cool toned and barbie like.

on 7/28/2015 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This looked like such a pretty orangey-pink coral on some people, but on my pale skin it turned hot pink :( just not my kind of color, but the formula is really nice and creamy! But be warned, it does smell like Play-Doh which is weird. The packaging is very nice, and I like how they color coordinate their different color lines with the tube colors.

this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Shocking? Yes. Coral? ....I wouldn't say that. In my experience, it's much more of a bright neon pink. And unfortunately, I do NOT look good in bright shocking neon pink. The formula is comfortable, as with all Maybelline lipsticks, but I haven't worn it long enough to test out staying power - it's a literal "on-off" relationship. I put it on, see how it looks, and take it straight off because it just looks gross on me. And then next time, after I've forgotten how bad it looked, I put it on again... and take it off. After about 5 tries, I think I've learnt my lesson. Hopefully.

In summary, I like the formula, and have many favourites also from Maybelline lipstick lines, but this one is just not for me. I'm never repurchasing this - in fact, I don't even know what to do with this barely touched tube.

on 4/8/2015 12:08:00 AM

An intense, matte, chalky looking bright pink lacking the shine and moisture of Electric Orange which surprised me. Odd since both are from the Vivids line. Forgive the following description but this looks like it belongs on a corpse or on a happier note a tanned Malibu Barbie. This is nowhere near coral on me and I look weird wearing it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

(This page is labeled 910, but my lipstick tube is labeled 870. Shade name is the same, though, so I'm putting my review here.)

First off, I love the formula of all the Color Sensational line of lipsticks, and this is no exception. It has a pleasant vanilla-y smell (which some might find objectionable but it doesn't bother me), it glides on smoothly, and gives an opaque coat of color. (The only color of Maybelline lipstick I have had trouble with in that regard is Pink Pop, which is very light, but the other colors, including Shocking Coral, have not had this issue.) The texture on the lips feels creamy and not too heavy. It does transfer to some degree while eating or drinking, but not as completely as some other brands, like Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick.

Packaging of the Color Sensational lipsticks is a metal inner tube with a square plastic lid. The lids of these are clear plastic, and come in several colors, but don't always match the lipstick inside. (As far as I can tell, all the Vivids have an orange tube, all the Buffs have a light brown tube, etc.) When digging around in my purse or makeup bag, my favorite packaging is a colored tube that matches the product inside, so it's easier to find which one I'm looking for. So, this packaging is adequate, but not perfect. (Still better than lipstick tubes that all look alike, no matter the color family, such as Revlon or L'Oreal.)

However, I'm not sure if this color has batch variations or what, but it really does not match what I see on the website, which is a much more orangey coral. My tube of Shocking Coral is very, very pink. I would call it more of a magenta or hot pink than a coral. In the tube it looks a little more orange, but smudges on the metal of the tube as well as the lipstick on my lips - very pink. It's still a nice color, but it's not really what I was hoping for. I don't think I would buy this exact color again - but if I found a more orange version of it I probably would.

on 4/22/2015 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I was hesitant to buy this after reading here that it applies hot pink, but I got it anyway. Although on my hand it swatches hot pink, on my lips it's definitely a very very bright neon coral, not hot pink at all. I posted a photo, too.
Everyone knows how good this range is in terms of texture, pigmentation etcetera so I won't elaborate on that anymore.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this lipstick, even by all accounts it should (and probably does) look hideous on my Irish colouring. However, it's just so neon and vibrant I can't even try to dislike it- I can see why others may hate it for the same reason though, it's definitely a Marmite colour. Took a lipstick off because it really isn't coral, and because it really does need a lip liner to reach full opacity.