Estee Lauder Double Wear Light No SPF

3.9

Water, cyclopentailoxane, trimethylsiloxysilcate, butylene glycol, trimethyl pentaphenyl trixiloxane, phenyl trimethicone, silica, magnesium sulfate, polyglyceryl, 3 disostearate, tribehenin, peg-10 dimenthicone, bis-peg, ppg-14, 14 dimethicone, ethylhexylglycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, dimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosteratate, lauteth-7, glycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, deimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosterate, laureth-7, glycerin, polymethylsilsesquioxane, hexyl laurate, cetyl peg, ppg 10, 1 dimethicone, chamomilla recutita (matricaria), disteardimonium hectorite, methicone, propylene carbonate, tetramethyl hexaphenyl tetrasiloxane, cellulose gum, xanthan gum, dimethicone silylate, toccopheryl acetate, alumina , sorbic acid, chlorphenesin, phenoxyethanol, + - iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) titanium dioxide (CI 77891), mica, bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), Ferric Ammonium ferro cyanide

I like this foundation a lot. It stays on your face, makes you look absolutely poreless, it feels light like its claim, but still offers definite coverage. The original DW was way way heavy and mask-like, so I'm glad they offered a lighter option. Unfortunately, their shade selection is smaller than the DW original. I'm in between shades, story of my life. I'm between NC25 and NC30, and in DW Light I'm between intensity 2 and 3. 2.0 made me look super kabuki, while 3.0 was a bit on the orange tan side. I picked up 3.0 since I could manage with it but honestly I wish they had a 2.5 or something that's a little less orange.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Before I give my full review of this product, let me say that I am a huge fan of Estee Lauder and use many of their products regularly. That being said, let me continue by telling you that this isn't even good enough to be purchased at your local dollar general or dollar tree, whichever you are familiar with. Not only does this formula lack any coverage, it felt and looked like I was spreading tinted Wesson vegetable oil on my face. Never again.

To Read all 36 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Have used this for years. I have very oily skin and a lot of roseacea. ELDWL does a good job covering redness. I recently switched from Level 1 to Level .5. I am about NW15. I like the lighter shade better. I either wear over Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer or I mix the primer and foundation together. Need to blot my nose later in the day. Not as heavy as ELDW. I experiment with other foundations, but nothing beats ELDWL.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Holy grail foundation. It lasts all day on my oily skin even in the humid summer months. Love it!

This is my holy grail foundation. The normal double wear is waaay too cakey, especially for every day wear. This one is lighter, to the point where you barely feel it on the skin. The tones are also less on the yellow side, which works better for my skin. I have really oily skin so if I don't use a primer, a bit of oil will shine through after the end of a long day, which I don't actually mind (easily fixed with powder or a blotting pad). It covers almost everything. I just add concealer to my undereye area and maybe 1 or 2 red spots which poke through the foundation a tiny bit.

I'm 32 now, with combination skin and a super oily t-zone. I'll get a pimple or two along with my period and I do have some redness I like to cover up. If you're like me, this foundation will give you the coverage you need, though you will want to touch up your t-zone at lunch time. I also suggest using a thicker day cream because this stuff does tend to be a little on the dry side. I love that it comes in a squeeze bottle, and that bottle will last me well over 6 months when used daily.

I've been using Double Wear Light since Estee Lauder introduced it -- I want to say it's been nearly 10 years now. Recently I've had to cut back on my cosmetics budget, but this foundation is one product I refuse to downgrade. It's just that good. Wait for one of the department stores to offer an Estee Lauder Gift With Purchase (there's usually one going on at any given time) and give it a try.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I don't really prefer liquid foundations because I don't like the feeling of a "coating" all over my face, however as I am now 33.. Powder foundations sometimes settle in fine lines so I thought I would try this. I was hoping for decent coverage without looking like a mask. The coverage was ok, but needed two layers for decent coverage and I definitely had to set with a powder as it was shiny after application. At lunch time I looked in the mirror and I looked oily :/ I will be going back to my Jane Iredale mineral pressed powder foundation- seems to control oil and keep me looking fresh longer. Glad I got a sample of this first.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Glad I got a sample -- with my usual sunscreen underneath I got no more oil control than Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless. There aren't a lot of color options but I'm a level 2 in this one. Even with my trusty Colorstay powder over it, I still get shine breakthrough in about 2 hours. This version lacks the formidable oil control and staying power of the original Double Wear. It applies beautifully but for its lack of oil control and fading I'm glad I didn't fork over full price!

The color is messed up - #1 is like an NC30 and very orange, once it oxidized it's even worse.

Nice coverage though

I have used this for a long time but the colors are never quite right, plus it breaks me out. It does last well, and is great alternative to the heaviness of Double Wear if you still want long lasting product but I always have trouble blending it, I find it becomes cakey, in recent times I often end up washing it off and starting again with another product and so for that reason its gone to the bottom of my make up draw.