Estee Lauder Double Wear Light No SPF

Water, cyclopentailoxane, trimethylsiloxysilcate, butylene glycol, trimethyl pentaphenyl trixiloxane, phenyl trimethicone, silica, magnesium sulfate, polyglyceryl, 3 disostearate, tribehenin, peg-10 dimenthicone, bis-peg, ppg-14, 14 dimethicone, ethylhexylglycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, dimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosteratate, lauteth-7, glycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, deimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosterate, laureth-7, glycerin, polymethylsilsesquioxane, hexyl laurate, cetyl peg, ppg 10, 1 dimethicone, chamomilla recutita (matricaria), disteardimonium hectorite, methicone, propylene carbonate, tetramethyl hexaphenyl tetrasiloxane, cellulose gum, xanthan gum, dimethicone silylate, toccopheryl acetate, alumina , sorbic acid, chlorphenesin, phenoxyethanol, + - iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) titanium dioxide (CI 77891), mica, bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), Ferric Ammonium ferro cyanide

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Self-proclaimed foundation hoor right here. Not bad stuff.

I own a bottle of the Double Wear Foundation in Tawny and Double Wear Light (shade 3.0) and enjoy both. Double Wear Light, as the name suggests, has less coverage than Double Wear but shares almost the same longevity. The tube packaging for DWL is convenient for traveling.

I believe that the DWL functions and looks best without anything underneath if you have skin like mine (oily and prone to comedones). The exception I would make is perhaps Skindinavia's Primer Spray for how light it is.

It does look very natural - the finish is demi-matte in my humble opinion - but I do feel like I need to use more product than I would ideally like to build up to a comfortable amount of coverage for my skin which is prone to hyperpigmentation. So the price per use may be an objection for some. However, once it sets, it doesn't budge and I was pleasantly surprised at the lasting power.

I also do think that this foundation has a propensity to clog my pores because of how matte it can be, but I would say that stems mostly from my own lack of attention to my skincare routine. I would highly suggest double cleansing after using this product.

It looks fresh on me hours after application with no oxidation and the coverage doesn't fade. I'm impressed with the quality of EL foundations and they don't play around when it comes to base products formulated for oily skin.

I have basically a wardrobe of base products at this point in time and DWL is something I'd wear to a first date. Reliable, a little posh, and natural looking, but provides adequate coverage and lasting power.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is HG so far for me. Intensity 2.0 is a perfect match. Blends beautifully, feels like nothing but covers everything I need it to cover. Does not settle into lines or pores. Lasts all day for me. L'Oreal True Match is a very close runner up for me. My color is creamy natural. Similar texture and coverage. EL blends a bit better for me.

I have been testing many foundations lately but this is always my trusty reliable go to product for every occasion. Price is reasonable for a high end product. Tube is functional but not super luxe looking. I guess I can live with it to keep the price reasonable.

I like this foundation a lot. It stays on your face, makes you look absolutely poreless, it feels light like its claim, but still offers definite coverage. The original DW was way way heavy and mask-like, so I'm glad they offered a lighter option. Unfortunately, their shade selection is smaller than the DW original. I'm in between shades, story of my life. I'm between NC25 and NC30, and in DW Light I'm between intensity 2 and 3. 2.0 made me look super kabuki, while 3.0 was a bit on the orange tan side. I picked up 3.0 since I could manage with it but honestly I wish they had a 2.5 or something that's a little less orange.

Edit: what is it with EL foundations and breaking up on my nose?! Maybe my nose is the problem, but I don't really have this issue with other foundations. It just doesn't stay on my nose, therefore not doing its job :/

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Before I give my full review of this product, let me say that I am a huge fan of Estee Lauder and use many of their products regularly. That being said, let me continue by telling you that this isn't even good enough to be purchased at your local dollar general or dollar tree, whichever you are familiar with. Not only does this formula lack any coverage, it felt and looked like I was spreading tinted Wesson vegetable oil on my face. Never again.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Have used this for years. I have very oily skin and a lot of roseacea. ELDWL does a good job covering redness. I recently switched from Level 1 to Level .5. I am about NW15. I like the lighter shade better. I either wear over Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer or I mix the primer and foundation together. Need to blot my nose later in the day. Not as heavy as ELDW. I experiment with other foundations, but nothing beats ELDWL.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Holy grail foundation. It lasts all day on my oily skin even in the humid summer months. Love it!

This is my holy grail foundation. The normal double wear is waaay too cakey, especially for every day wear. This one is lighter, to the point where you barely feel it on the skin. The tones are also less on the yellow side, which works better for my skin. I have really oily skin so if I don't use a primer, a bit of oil will shine through after the end of a long day, which I don't actually mind (easily fixed with powder or a blotting pad). It covers almost everything. I just add concealer to my undereye area and maybe 1 or 2 red spots which poke through the foundation a tiny bit.

I'm 32 now, with combination skin and a super oily t-zone. I'll get a pimple or two along with my period and I do have some redness I like to cover up. If you're like me, this foundation will give you the coverage you need, though you will want to touch up your t-zone at lunch time. I also suggest using a thicker day cream because this stuff does tend to be a little on the dry side. I love that it comes in a squeeze bottle, and that bottle will last me well over 6 months when used daily.

I've been using Double Wear Light since Estee Lauder introduced it -- I want to say it's been nearly 10 years now. Recently I've had to cut back on my cosmetics budget, but this foundation is one product I refuse to downgrade. It's just that good. Wait for one of the department stores to offer an Estee Lauder Gift With Purchase (there's usually one going on at any given time) and give it a try.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I don't really prefer liquid foundations because I don't like the feeling of a "coating" all over my face, however as I am now 33.. Powder foundations sometimes settle in fine lines so I thought I would try this. I was hoping for decent coverage without looking like a mask. The coverage was ok, but needed two layers for decent coverage and I definitely had to set with a powder as it was shiny after application. At lunch time I looked in the mirror and I looked oily :/ I will be going back to my Jane Iredale mineral pressed powder foundation- seems to control oil and keep me looking fresh longer. Glad I got a sample of this first.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Glad I got a sample -- with my usual sunscreen underneath I got no more oil control than Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless. There aren't a lot of color options but I'm a level 2 in this one. Even with my trusty Colorstay powder over it, I still get shine breakthrough in about 2 hours. This version lacks the formidable oil control and staying power of the original Double Wear. It applies beautifully but for its lack of oil control and fading I'm glad I didn't fork over full price!