Wet 'n' Wild Mega Impact Mascara

3.3

Not a fan. It's dry and clumpy. Will not repurchase

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I bought this mascara on a whim because it was on sale for a dollar at Walgreens (I should know by now to never stray from the L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black). I can definitively say I am not a fan--this is the furthest thing from "mega impact." It has a very, very dry formula. I actually like drier formulas, but this is so dry that I can't build any volume and only minimal length. It's also not buildable. Alone, this would be suitable for someone with naturally long and full lashes, but for me, it's a layering mascara. Would not repurchase.

To Read all 25 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/19/2016 11:18:00 PM

I'm not comparing this against $25 mascaras or even $12 mascaras. I don't think that'd be fair. For a drugstore, $2-$5 mascara, I give it 5 lippies. I put on two coats and it adds a lot of length and dimension to my lashes. I didn't find it clumpy at all. I wish the brush were a bit thinner, but that's my only complaint.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Wow, I am surprised by the low reviews for this because for me, this mascara is AMAZING!!!! Seriously, what a little gem! I have thin, long, sparse lashes and this does everything it claims to do; it thickens, gives a fanned out effect, defines, and it leaves my lashes feeling flexible not dry and crisp. I also read that it has kernel oil for conditioning. I can build and build this mascara, whereas with other drugstore mascaras, they dry too quickly and make my lashes feel crispy. I hate that feeling because I have sensitive eyes. As for the 'clumping' some have complained about, I actually like it because I want my lashes to look dramatic and have a false lash effect. Well I am very happy with this mascara and will repurchase! This is replacing L'Oréal for me (and this is cruelty free and cheaper)

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This mascara was just meh. It was clumpy, the formula was dry, and it smudged all over the place. I had panda eyes all summer from wearing this stuff. I tried thinning it out with a little bit of saline solution, but that just made it worse. It might be cheap mascara, but sometimes, you get exactly what you paid for. The packaging was cute and it was easy to hold, so there was that, at least. But I'm never buying this again, and I made sure to get rid of it before school started because panda eyes might be fine for running around in the summertime, but nobody wants a panda teaching Intro to Religious Studies.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

So disappointed by this! I was looking for a cheap mascara that would give me volume, and this was not it. The wand is HUGE! way too big! Whenever I applied it I had mascara all over my freshly done eye shadow. The wand is way too big, and I have long lashes. This was a waste, I wanted to like it but I sadly will not be repurchasing....or using ever again:P

on 6/28/2015 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

Over a week ago I bought this product and I used it. When I did I noticed it kind of had a cigarette smoke like odor. When my mother noticed we compared the scents hers smelt normal but mine was kind of gross. Other than the smell, this product is awesome my eyelashes were longer and fuller than they were before and I had great outcome.

I am a Mascara LOVER!!! However this particular mascara i will NEVER EVER BUY AGAIN!!! It was so dry, and it every time i blink i feel like my top lashes are sticking to my bottom ones..... i guess i got what i paid for ($2 at Dollar General) and the packing lied 80% more lashes..Not!!!!

on 4/13/2015 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Good mascara for the price! This gem retails for around $3 to $5 depending on where you go. It gives you lashes pretty good volume and a reasonable amount of length. The tube also lasts you quite a long time. The packaging is kinda bleh, it looks like a highlighter. But overall, it's a very nice basic mascara to have.

on 4/8/2015 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is a decent mascara...it doesn't clump which is great. it performs well. The only downside is, for some reason it smells like old cigarette butts. Yuck. At least that goes away after it dries.