Essence Essence Sun Club Matt Bronzing Powder

Essence Essence Sun Club Matt Bronzing Powder
Essence Sun Club Matt Bronzing Powder Essence Sun Club Matt Bronzing Powder Essence Sun Club Matt Bronzing Powder Essence Sun Club Matt Bronzing Powder

3.7

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Mica, Octyldodecanol, Caprylic/Capric/Mrysitic/Stearic Triglyceride, Phenyl Trimethicone, Aluminium Hydroxide, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Glyceryl Caprylate, P-Ansic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Parfum (rangrance, Coumarin, CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

First impression: This suits my fair, cool-toned skin. Light brown, not too orangy. Mimics a natural tan for me. Pigmented, buildable. This is blendable, but I can tell this could look muddy on someone with dry patches or someone with many wrinkles.

I applied it with the ELF Blending brush, and then I used the ELF Kabuki brush & the Essence matt powder to blend it out, this method really gave my skin an airbrushed look I liked.

I'm going to update with wear time, see how it looks in different light, and how it applies with different brushes.

Update: I've been using this almost everyday this summer, for a very natural look. I see myself using this in the winter as well.

on 1/3/2017 3:44:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I am very happy with this bronzer!! I have it in the lightest shade & I use it all over my face! I adore this product so much!! I love how you get a generous amount of the product so even if I hit pan in the middle, I will still have a ton of product on the perimeter of the product. I don't feel it looks too orangey on me at all & you can definitely layer it if you feel the need to. The only thing about this that I wish I could change is the packaging, and how difficult this is to de-pot. I ended up giving up on depotting it and sticking it in a z palette because it was just too hard to do!! I switch back and forth between this bronzer and a sample of the Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil bronzer and I find this one to be a deeper tone than the Too Faced bronzer. They both smell incredible; this one smells like coconut or a pina colada.

I love most essence products, but not this one. In general, I find essence bronzers too orange. They make me look funny, an I have tried all shades as I love essence... Just not the bronzers.

on 10/23/2016 6:17:00 PM

It gave me huge big pimples exactly where I applyed it. I usually have clear face the occiasional pimple every month. But these once are big and they stay forever. I dont even have sinisble skin. I honestly dont understand why I get them when I apply this product.

on 9/12/2016 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is a good bronzer for beginners (like me!). I had a hard time finding a drugstore bronzer to try and learn, not too expensive and possibly matte. I was thinking about Wnw's Ticket to Brazil for a long time but the shimmer is a bummer for me - same for many other brands and other price ranges. I got my hands on the last NYC's Sunny on the shelf but it was a tester, but luckily I could return it and got this one in exchange, just adding 0,90 euros!
I really like this bronzer even if I think NYC's Sunny had a better colour for my skintone - orange-y, which is something many dread, but I kind of like it! Anyway, this sits light brown on me, giving a very natural and buildable finish. I'm also happy I found a matte one on the cheap side (the full cost is 4,50 euros)
So, there are two choices, light and dark, which aren't really THAT different knowing that Essence doesn't provide any skin colour choice other than caucasian or a tanned caucasian (bummer). For now I got the lighter shade but I'm not afraid to try the darker one soon.
I think it's a new formula or at least a new design, because I recall it was different some months ago; this one has a nice pattern, like an indian carpet pattern, and smells delicious! Something like freshly grated chocolate. I'd love to bite the powder cake! The box isn't the most resistent, more like it will break soon, but I don't plan to bring it in my purse.
The powder is quite hard to pick up, but as I said, it's buildable so I don't really mind.
It isn't the most long lasting product ever, but it works enough for half day.
Suggested!

on 8/25/2016 8:23:00 PM

I bought the lighter shade to use when i am less tan and was very impressed.the pigmentation was superb and i found it blended like a dream. The product stayed on my skin all day and never went patchy. The colour was a little bit on the warmer side but not orange. The product smelt of coconuts which slightly lingered after application but I love the smell so it didnt bother me! Overall a very easy to use product and a great option for fair skin.

on 7/12/2016 10:12:00 AM

Although you get a lot of product, I didn't like the shade that I got. And all the shades are a bit to orange for my taste

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was looking for a good summer bronzer and the name sun club was a hit. I never used essence products before, but at the attractive price of only $3.99 Canadian at Shoppers drug mart I thought what could go wrong? WELL ILL TELL YOU WHAT WENT WRONG!!! When I got home, the beautiful bronzer cake had crumbled into a chunky mess! It was destroyed like I had thrown it down the stairs. According to YouTube, if you crush up the remaining chunks and add a few tablespoons of rubbing alcohol it will turn into a paste that you flatten into its original container. The alcohol evaporated and left the perfect intact cake. To be sure the alcohol didn't affect its performance, I saved a little chunk and applied it. Extremely blend able and stayed on very well during my day. Not to pigmented, but enough to show. It wasn't orange, more golden brown. If it wasn't because of how fragile this product was, I would have given it a 3/5 and repurchased. Btw my shade was brunette.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

A lovely drugstore bronzer. I have the matt version and it really is matt which helps it look natural. The colour is NOT orange, it's a quite natural bronze-y shade. It blend nicely, has a good staying power, a little goes a long way. The packaging is nothing amazing, however it still hasn't broken after a lot of use, so in my eyes, it's good.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is my holy grail bronzer and I have a tonne. I only know this is my HG because it's the only product I've had to repurchase and buy backups of! I am medium olive skinned but I use #1 for blondes and it's perfect. The tanned tones look fab on me when I'm paler in winter and darker in summer. Because of the price I use it every day. Pigmentation is good too. The packaging isn't great for travel or your bag, I've broken a lid, but for AUD$7 I am not complaining! I have Hoola which I love but is cooler toned, I have YSL which is more terracotta, same with NYX in medium. NYC Sunny bronzer is nice but too sheer. I apply this with Ecotools bamboo bronzing brush and will repurchase forever. One pan will last me 2 years with daily use cos it's massive - how good is that! Value for money!