Essence Essence Sun Club Matt Bronzing Powder

Essence Essence Sun Club Matt Bronzing Powder
Essence Sun Club Matt Bronzing Powder Essence Sun Club Matt Bronzing Powder Essence Sun Club Matt Bronzing Powder Essence Sun Club Matt Bronzing Powder Essence Sun Club Matt Bronzing Powder

3.7

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Mica, Octyldodecanol, Caprylic/Capric/Mrysitic/Stearic Triglyceride, Phenyl Trimethicone, Aluminium Hydroxide, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Glyceryl Caprylate, P-Ansic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Parfum (rangrance, Coumarin, CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased the lighter of the two options for my skin tone although there isn’t much of a difference between the one for lighter skin and the one for darker skin that I could tell. The pan is enormous and the product has a faint coconut scent, much less fragrant than Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer (which I happen to love). It looks very warm toned, almost scary to be honest but it does not pull orange on my skin. The packaging is typical acrylic for Essence which likely keeps the price down but will eventually give out if you aren’t careful with it. This would not deter me in the least from purchasing Essence products as they are fantastic. The texture of the powder is soft, not chalky, and although it is matte it does a good job of warming up the skin. If I am looking for something with a little more sheen / luminosity I will use the PF Murumuru Butter Bronzer. Sun Club is a good basic bronzer that is worth having on hand.

on 5/10/2018 9:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have this bronzer in the shade 10 Sunkissed & I adore it. It's quite light as far as bronzers go, which I prefer. It's completely matte with no shimmer, & blends beautifully. Doesn't pull orange on me at all... just looks like I have a natural tan. Has a scent similar to (but not as strong as) the Physician's Formula Butter Bronzer (which is also a favorite of mine, along with Wet n Wild Ticket to Brazil). The packaging isn't great but that's not a dealbreaker for me, since this bronzer is only around $5 for 0.52oz of product.

on 2/9/2018 4:42:00 PM

Love this bronzer... I use this everyday on my pale freckled skin to contour with and it never looks too much, or too orange. You know, the things us see-through ladies are afraid of.

It also smells like coconuts and vacation which is an instant pick me up every time I open the lid. It is extremely reasonable, as with majority of Essence products and almost always in stock at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

First impression: This suits my fair, cool-toned skin. Light brown, not too orangy. Mimics a natural tan for me. Pigmented, buildable. This is blendable, but I can tell this could look muddy on someone with dry patches or someone with many wrinkles.

I applied it with the ELF Blending brush, and then I used the ELF Kabuki brush & the Essence matt powder to blend it out, this method really gave my skin an airbrushed look I liked.

I'm going to update with wear time, see how it looks in different light, and how it applies with different brushes.

Update: I've been using this almost everyday this summer, for a very natural look. I see myself using this in the winter as well.

on 1/3/2017 3:44:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I am very happy with this bronzer!! I have it in the lightest shade & I use it all over my face! I adore this product so much!! I love how you get a generous amount of the product so even if I hit pan in the middle, I will still have a ton of product on the perimeter of the product. I don't feel it looks too orangey on me at all & you can definitely layer it if you feel the need to. The only thing about this that I wish I could change is the packaging, and how difficult this is to de-pot. I ended up giving up on depotting it and sticking it in a z palette because it was just too hard to do!! I switch back and forth between this bronzer and a sample of the Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil bronzer and I find this one to be a deeper tone than the Too Faced bronzer. They both smell incredible; this one smells like coconut or a pina colada.

I love most essence products, but not this one. In general, I find essence bronzers too orange. They make me look funny, an I have tried all shades as I love essence... Just not the bronzers.

on 10/23/2016 6:17:00 PM

It gave me huge big pimples exactly where I applyed it. I usually have clear face the occiasional pimple every month. But these once are big and they stay forever. I dont even have sinisble skin. I honestly dont understand why I get them when I apply this product.

on 9/12/2016 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a good bronzer for beginners (like me!). I had a hard time finding a drugstore bronzer to try and learn, not too expensive and possibly matte. I was thinking about Wnw's Ticket to Brazil for a long time but the shimmer is a bummer for me - same for many other brands and other price ranges. I got my hands on the last NYC's Sunny on the shelf but it was a tester, but luckily I could return it and got this one in exchange, just adding 0,90 euros!
I really like this bronzer even if I think NYC's Sunny had a better colour for my skintone - orange-y, which is something many dread, but I kind of like it! Anyway, this sits light brown on me, giving a very natural and buildable finish. I'm also happy I found a matte one on the cheap side (the full cost is 4,50 euros)
So, there are two choices, light and dark, which aren't really THAT different knowing that Essence doesn't provide any skin colour choice other than caucasian or a tanned caucasian (bummer). For now I got the lighter shade but I'm not afraid to try the darker one soon.
I think it's a new formula or at least a new design, because I recall it was different some months ago; this one has a nice pattern, like an indian carpet pattern, and smells delicious! Something like freshly grated chocolate. I'd love to bite the powder cake! The box isn't the most resistent, more like it will break soon, but I don't plan to bring it in my purse.
The powder is quite hard to pick up, but as I said, it's buildable so I don't really mind.
It isn't the most long lasting product ever, but it works enough for half day.
Suggested!

on 8/25/2016 8:23:00 PM

I bought the lighter shade to use when i am less tan and was very impressed.the pigmentation was superb and i found it blended like a dream. The product stayed on my skin all day and never went patchy. The colour was a little bit on the warmer side but not orange. The product smelt of coconuts which slightly lingered after application but I love the smell so it didnt bother me! Overall a very easy to use product and a great option for fair skin.

on 7/12/2016 10:12:00 AM

Although you get a lot of product, I didn't like the shade that I got. And all the shades are a bit to orange for my taste