Essence Essence Sun Club Matt Bronzing Powder

Essence Essence Sun Club Matt Bronzing Powder
image 1image 2image 3image 4

3.8

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Mica, Octyldodecanol, Caprylic/Capric/Mrysitic/Stearic Triglyceride, Phenyl Trimethicone, Aluminium Hydroxide, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Glyceryl Caprylate, P-Ansic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Parfum (rangrance, Coumarin, CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)

on 7/12/2016 10:12:00 AM

Although you get a lot of product, I didn't like the shade that I got. And all the shades are a bit to orange for my taste

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was looking for a good summer bronzer and the name sun club was a hit. I never used essence products before, but at the attractive price of only $3.99 Canadian at Shoppers drug mart I thought what could go wrong? WELL ILL TELL YOU WHAT WENT WRONG!!! When I got home, the beautiful bronzer cake had crumbled into a chunky mess! It was destroyed like I had thrown it down the stairs. According to YouTube, if you crush up the remaining chunks and add a few tablespoons of rubbing alcohol it will turn into a paste that you flatten into its original container. The alcohol evaporated and left the perfect intact cake. To be sure the alcohol didn't affect its performance, I saved a little chunk and applied it. Extremely blend able and stayed on very well during my day. Not to pigmented, but enough to show. It wasn't orange, more golden brown. If it wasn't because of how fragile this product was, I would have given it a 3/5 and repurchased. Btw my shade was brunette.

To Read all 42 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

A lovely drugstore bronzer. I have the matt version and it really is matt which helps it look natural. The colour is NOT orange, it's a quite natural bronze-y shade. It blend nicely, has a good staying power, a little goes a long way. The packaging is nothing amazing, however it still hasn't broken after a lot of use, so in my eyes, it's good.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is my holy grail bronzer and I have a tonne. I only know this is my HG because it's the only product I've had to repurchase and buy backups of! I am medium olive skinned but I use #1 for blondes and it's perfect. The tanned tones look fab on me when I'm paler in winter and darker in summer. Because of the price I use it every day. Pigmentation is good too. The packaging isn't great for travel or your bag, I've broken a lid, but for AUD$7 I am not complaining! I have Hoola which I love but is cooler toned, I have YSL which is more terracotta, same with NYX in medium. NYC Sunny bronzer is nice but too sheer. I apply this with Ecotools bamboo bronzing brush and will repurchase forever. One pan will last me 2 years with daily use cos it's massive - how good is that! Value for money!

I use this bronzer as an everyday (all over face) bronzer. It's light and smells great. I have the light colour and would buy again but I am going to get the darker colour for contouring

on 4/14/2016 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

A drug store bronzer that doesn't make my porcelain skin look orange? I'm hooked.

For a mere 3euros, I finally found a bronzer that fulfills my pale skin needs AND doesn't break the bank. Usually it's only the 'high end' brands that cater for a range of skin tones as far as contour/complexion products are concerned but Essence have really won me over here. I use the 'light' shade (which is ironically marketed for blondes, I am not blonde.. just Irish) and it is beautifully pigmented and long lasting.

Now all that said, I don't use this as a contour, more for warming up my complexion on a day to day basis. But really, for the price.. you can't go wrong.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is a amazing bronzer its NOT ORANGE its very bronzie, you can build it up or sheer it out, (if you want to sheer it out just put less on your brush) i recommend it for every one!!!!!! Its my holy grail drugstore bronzer, go out and buy it now you will not regret it!!!!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This comes in two shades: For Blondes/Lighter Skin(01), and For Brunettes/Darker Skin(02). I use 01 For Blondes/Lighter Skin.

This bronzer is absolutely lovely; it's lighter than a lot of other light bronzers on the market which is great for those of us who are really pale. I have neutral to cool undertones, and this does pull a tad bit warm on me but it isn't so warm or orange that I can't use it. The color is super buildable; and the powder itself is very soft and smooth. The powder does have a coconut smell to it; but I personally don't notice the smell once the product is on my face.

I personally can't use this as a contour powder since it does pull warm on me; but I do use it to warm up my face and blend between my blush and contour which looks lovely.

You get a large amount of product; and for only $5 at Ulta it really is a good value.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

the only bronzers I've ever really used and liked were exorbitantly inexpensive. One was (thankfully,) limited edition Chanel, and the other was MAC golden (kept breaking on me in the compact.) fellow NW20 girls out there might understand my difficulty with finding a suitable bronzer. (MUA problems, right?)

Anyway. I like essence products, and I happen to love this stuff. You know how sometimes you find a powder that works with any brush, and you don't have to look in the mirror to know that it made you look a little better? That's what this is for me. The fact that it's stupidly cheap, comes in a massive compact, and smells like the beach...wow. So sold.

(Ps I have the "for blondes", shade 01 version, even though I'm most definitely brunette.)

on 4/6/2015 11:37:00 PM

My skin is fair and quite sensitive and I have been wearing Physicians Formula "Organic Wear" and Jane bronzers in their lightest shades for years because they gave me a natural-looking, light tan/warmth without irritating my skin. When Ulta discontinued carrying Jane products again, I decided to give this a try and I am so happy I did.

I got the "blondes" shade and it works well for my pale skin. I think all the reviewers saying this product is very orange probably are referring to the darker, "brunettes" shade - this looks fairly natural. It can tend toward the orange side a teeny bit but definitely doesn't venture into oompa-loompa status. The color adds a hint of warmth to the skin without looking obviously fake or overly tan. Totally matte finish, no glitter, but not cakey looking.

Further, the powder is soft and blends easily. Many of the cheaper bronzers, like NYC Sunny, tend to have an okay color but blend really poorly and end up looking muddy. Not so with this compact, which blends softly and evenly with the stroke of a big brush.

It's a huge compact and will probably last for months - all for $5! The powder has s light, pleasant dead-on coconut oil scent. The packaging/design are chintzy and too youthful but WHO CARES?! This bronzer lasts for hours without oxidizing or fading away and causes even my overly sensitive skin very little irritation.