Essence Essence Sun Club Matt Bronzing Powder

Essence Essence Sun Club Matt Bronzing Powder
Essence Sun Club Matt Bronzing Powder Essence Sun Club Matt Bronzing Powder Essence Sun Club Matt Bronzing Powder Essence Sun Club Matt Bronzing Powder

3.8

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Mica, Octyldodecanol, Caprylic/Capric/Mrysitic/Stearic Triglyceride, Phenyl Trimethicone, Aluminium Hydroxide, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Glyceryl Caprylate, P-Ansic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Parfum (rangrance, Coumarin, CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)

on 9/12/2016 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is a good bronzer for beginners (like me!). I had a hard time finding a drugstore bronzer to try and learn, not too expensive and possibly matte. I was thinking about Wnw's Ticket to Brazil for a long time but the shimmer is a bummer for me - same for many other brands and other price ranges. I got my hands on the last NYC's Sunny on the shelf but it was a tester, but luckily I could return it and got this one in exchange, just adding 0,90 euros!
I really like this bronzer even if I think NYC's Sunny had a better colour for my skintone - orange-y, which is something many dread, but I kind of like it! Anyway, this sits light brown on me, giving a very natural and buildable finish. I'm also happy I found a matte one on the cheap side (the full cost is 4,50 euros)
So, there are two choices, light and dark, which aren't really THAT different knowing that Essence doesn't provide any skin colour choice other than caucasian or a tanned caucasian (bummer). For now I got the lighter shade but I'm not afraid to try the darker one soon.
I think it's a new formula or at least a new design, because I recall it was different some months ago; this one has a nice pattern, like an indian carpet pattern, and smells delicious! Something like freshly grated chocolate. I'd love to bite the powder cake! The box isn't the most resistent, more like it will break soon, but I don't plan to bring it in my purse.
The powder is quite hard to pick up, but as I said, it's buildable so I don't really mind.
It isn't the most long lasting product ever, but it works enough for half day.
Suggested!

on 8/25/2016 8:23:00 PM

I bought the lighter shade to use when i am less tan and was very impressed.the pigmentation was superb and i found it blended like a dream. The product stayed on my skin all day and never went patchy. The colour was a little bit on the warmer side but not orange. The product smelt of coconuts which slightly lingered after application but I love the smell so it didnt bother me! Overall a very easy to use product and a great option for fair skin.

To Read all 44 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/12/2016 10:12:00 AM

Although you get a lot of product, I didn't like the shade that I got. And all the shades are a bit to orange for my taste

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was looking for a good summer bronzer and the name sun club was a hit. I never used essence products before, but at the attractive price of only $3.99 Canadian at Shoppers drug mart I thought what could go wrong? WELL ILL TELL YOU WHAT WENT WRONG!!! When I got home, the beautiful bronzer cake had crumbled into a chunky mess! It was destroyed like I had thrown it down the stairs. According to YouTube, if you crush up the remaining chunks and add a few tablespoons of rubbing alcohol it will turn into a paste that you flatten into its original container. The alcohol evaporated and left the perfect intact cake. To be sure the alcohol didn't affect its performance, I saved a little chunk and applied it. Extremely blend able and stayed on very well during my day. Not to pigmented, but enough to show. It wasn't orange, more golden brown. If it wasn't because of how fragile this product was, I would have given it a 3/5 and repurchased. Btw my shade was brunette.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

A lovely drugstore bronzer. I have the matt version and it really is matt which helps it look natural. The colour is NOT orange, it's a quite natural bronze-y shade. It blend nicely, has a good staying power, a little goes a long way. The packaging is nothing amazing, however it still hasn't broken after a lot of use, so in my eyes, it's good.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is my holy grail bronzer and I have a tonne. I only know this is my HG because it's the only product I've had to repurchase and buy backups of! I am medium olive skinned but I use #1 for blondes and it's perfect. The tanned tones look fab on me when I'm paler in winter and darker in summer. Because of the price I use it every day. Pigmentation is good too. The packaging isn't great for travel or your bag, I've broken a lid, but for AUD$7 I am not complaining! I have Hoola which I love but is cooler toned, I have YSL which is more terracotta, same with NYX in medium. NYC Sunny bronzer is nice but too sheer. I apply this with Ecotools bamboo bronzing brush and will repurchase forever. One pan will last me 2 years with daily use cos it's massive - how good is that! Value for money!

I use this bronzer as an everyday (all over face) bronzer. It's light and smells great. I have the light colour and would buy again but I am going to get the darker colour for contouring

on 4/14/2016 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

A drug store bronzer that doesn't make my porcelain skin look orange? I'm hooked.

For a mere 3euros, I finally found a bronzer that fulfills my pale skin needs AND doesn't break the bank. Usually it's only the 'high end' brands that cater for a range of skin tones as far as contour/complexion products are concerned but Essence have really won me over here. I use the 'light' shade (which is ironically marketed for blondes, I am not blonde.. just Irish) and it is beautifully pigmented and long lasting.

Now all that said, I don't use this as a contour, more for warming up my complexion on a day to day basis. But really, for the price.. you can't go wrong.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a amazing bronzer its NOT ORANGE its very bronzie, you can build it up or sheer it out, (if you want to sheer it out just put less on your brush) i recommend it for every one!!!!!! Its my holy grail drugstore bronzer, go out and buy it now you will not regret it!!!!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This comes in two shades: For Blondes/Lighter Skin(01), and For Brunettes/Darker Skin(02). I use 01 For Blondes/Lighter Skin.

This bronzer is absolutely lovely; it's lighter than a lot of other light bronzers on the market which is great for those of us who are really pale. I have neutral to cool undertones, and this does pull a tad bit warm on me but it isn't so warm or orange that I can't use it. The color is super buildable; and the powder itself is very soft and smooth. The powder does have a coconut smell to it; but I personally don't notice the smell once the product is on my face.

I personally can't use this as a contour powder since it does pull warm on me; but I do use it to warm up my face and blend between my blush and contour which looks lovely.

You get a large amount of product; and for only $5 at Ulta it really is a good value.