Yes To Carrots Yes to Grapefruit Even Skin Tone Moisturizer SPF 15

Yes To Carrots  Yes to Grapefruit Even Skin Tone Moisturizer SPF 15

3.0

Active: Zinc Oxide (3.3), Titanium Dioxide. (2.9). Inactive: Water, Glycerin, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glyceryl Stearate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Phenethyl Alcohol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Glyceryl Caprylate, Moringa oleifera seed oil, Xanthan Gum, Glyceryl Isostearate, Limonene, Hydrated Silica, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Fragrance, Tocopherol, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Lecithin, Cyamopsis Tetragonoloba (Guar) Gum, Citris Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Fruit Extract, Sodium Ascorbate, Passiflora Incarnata Flower Extract, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Sat on my skin and seemed too dark or too orange.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Not bad, but not great. I like that it has a physical sunscreen and doesn't have silicones. It blends in better than a lot of other physical sunscreens. However, it doesn't do anything to even out my skin tone. I'll finish using it, but there's nothing about it that drives me to repurchase.

on 9/8/2015 11:41:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I thought I would really like this and purchased it without reading reviews. The main reason I bought it was because it claimed to even out the skin tone, and it might have helped a little, but I didn't use it consistently enough to say it did. The smell was a huge turn off for me. I applied it before going out in the morning because it has spf 15, but the smell is terrible. My mom even commented on it, saying, "What is the smell? It smells gross." If you're somehow able to get past the smell (and the $16 price tag), the formula itself isn't great. It's not terrible, and I do like the packaging, but it just doesn't sink in to the skin nicely and feels kind of heavy because of the spf. However, if you are looking for a facial lotion that has a light spf (spf 15), try the Simple Protecting Light Moisturizer. It's much cheaper and has 3x the amount of product!

on 8/3/2015 7:14:00 AM

ewg rating is a 4 in terms of hazardous ingredients; isn't bad nor good. The smell is really bad, it took me a very long time to "get use to" it. Used it for 11 months and still the smell kinda gets me. The product is quite hard to spread on the skin. However the product never broke me out, and it did kinda even my skin tones. since i have sensitive skin, for me as long as it doesn't break me out im good. (I prefer the carrot spf 15 over this one tho, I have a review on that aswell. I will try the cucumber one sooner or later)

on 4/15/2015 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Returned it - felt heavy and sticky on my (dry) skin, took a long time to absorb, and left a white cast, also you can't over rub it into the skin because then it will begin to ball. On the plus side, I liked the fact it was mostly (97%) natural, came in an air-tight pump and wasn't tested on animals… just not enough to keep it.

on 3/27/2015 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have tried this for over 2 weeks and it has improved my tone some, making pigmentation scars less red. It is not over priced for its quantity (try Origin's, ouch!) and it sure makes up for it in ingredients; a HUGE percent of it is natural, the fragrance is very minimal which is great for those of us with skin sensitivity and that chemical smell and white film that I have seen newbies complaining about comes from the actual SPF. That is exactly what baby sunscreen looks like. A little goes a long way and the whiteness goes away the more you work it in on the skin. I'd say that for the face only you could use a pea sized quantity.
But it it does leave your skin feeling a bit sticky, especially on the hands. So I just wash it off and done.

EDIT: After 4 weeks (and still have plenty of product left) my skin has been doing exceptionally well with hyperpigmentation scars. So as soon as I am done with this bottle I will switch back to Yes to Carrots daily moisturizer with SPF 15.

on 2/12/2015 7:00:00 PM

GROSS. Medicinal smell that's nothing like grapefruit. I've tried their cucumber moisturizer and it smelled distinctly like cucumbers, so I assumed this one would have a pleasant scent as well. It doesn't. And the smell lasts for at least a few hours. After a week's use, no signs of "tone correction." It does a decent job at moisturizing, but there are plenty of other products that are less costly and won't make you gag.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I was really interested in Yes To Grapefruit Even Skin Tone Moisturizer with SPF 15 because it was supposed to help diminish the appearance of dark spots in 4 weeks (heaven knows I need it) & because it’s 97% natural—this is free of petroleum, sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS), & paraben. I have acne scars on my cheeks, so something that moisturized & faded dark marks was exciting to me; despite the fact that I like this product, I was disappointed because it didn’t help to even out skin tone.

In addition to not correcting or repairing anything, it took way too long to absorb into my skin. It just looked & felt like oil was sitting on top of my skin for several minutes. After it finally does, my face feels sticky or tacky. The high SPF left this “white cast-off” look that looks horrible in photos & won’t come off unless you wash your face… again. If you have oily or acne-prone skin like I do, I suggest Tomatoes Daily Balancing Moisturizer by Yes To instead of this one.

Note: This product is 97% natural; there are certified organic ingredients & that’s why it smells “bad.” You cannot complain about the chemicals they don’t smell in their natural/organic products because that’s what they wanted.

on 1/6/2014 9:41:00 PM

I wouldn't repurchase this because of the price. Fifteen bucks is too much and for 1.4 fl oz? Get outta here. Haven't gotten any break outs. Don't really dig the smell. It's paraben free though, so that's a plus and also 97% natural. It may have done something for my acne scars... I can't really tell. It should have SPF 30 for fifteen bucks, not just SPF 15.

on 9/28/2013 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is a good sunscreen to try if you're looking for physical blocks. But I don't think I'll be repurchasing it. ::
I find that it works best when massaged into the skin over small areas. I find that if I try to rub it in all over the face at once that it doesn't fade into the skin very well. Also, It can sometimes pill up when putting foundations over the top of it so I really make sure to allow it ample time to sink in before applying makeup. It is a very fluid lotion but yet still feels a bit heavy on my face, and I'm not sure why this is. The ingredients are very good but it does list an acnegenic ingredient second on the list, and sometimes my face will feel warm with it on. Perhaps I must be having some kind of mild reaction to it. Every now and then I will use it but only because I don't want to waste it. I'll stick to my Trader Joe's spf 15 lotion.