Cosmetic Skin Solutions Vitamin C 20% Advanced Formula+

4.8

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've used Cosmetic Skin Solutions (CSS) Vitamin C + E Advanced Formula Serum for about 2 years. I'm happy with this product and would repurchase.

My skin - dry, often dehydrated, pale with some redness. I use Vit.C serums liberally on my face, neck, chest, and hands.

Pros:
- With daily use, my skin is more even and very glowy. When I first started using it, I only applied periodically - maybe 2x a week - and didnt see much of a difference. However, when I started using this daily, my skin really brightened.

- I'm pale with surface redness. This seems to calm down some of that ruddiness.

- Did not cause breakouts or other skin issues.

- Sat well under sunscreen and makeup.

- Good packaging - small, dark, glass bottle, with a dropper. No leaking.

- No animal testing.

Considerations:
- With any Vit. C serum, it has a short shelf life. When I keep it in my bathroom, it turns after about 2.5 months. When I keep it in the refrigerator, it lasts a bit longer. You can also split the bottle - pouring half into a separate dark bottle and keeping that in the fridge untouched, while you use the other half. Even trying to prolong the shelf-life, I usually have to toss some product.

- I have a small age or sun spot that it did not fade. However, I haven't received any additional.

Price: 1oz - $39.85 USD on the CSS website. They often have sales or promotion codes for 10% - 20% off and free shipping.

Active Ingredients: 15% Vitamin C, 1% Vitamin E, 0.5% Ferulic Acid and Hyaluronic Acid.

Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, L-Absorbic Acid (Topical Vitamin C), Propylene Glycol, Ethoxydiglycol, Butylene Glycol, Laureth-23, Zinc Sulfate, Glycerol, Alpha Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Triethanolamine, Ferulic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, D-Panthenol, Hyaluronic Acid.

Similar Products: Timeless (cheaper, with 20% Vitamin C. I like this product too), Skinceuticals (more expensive).

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Believe the hype! Within weeks I had that youthful glow back. I always put this product on first, then sunscreen with high SPF. When I first started it did burn a little bit. I was new to vitamin C and applied it once a day initially. Eventually I worked my way up to twice a day. It didn't do much for my sun spots unfortunately. However I haves And will repurchase this antioxidant as it makes my skin look more awake and youthful. I'm 37 years old BTW.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I started using this C serum 2 weeks ago and I love it! I find it to really brighten my face and fade discoloration. I've seen a really nice change in only 2 weeks. I was using another c serum for the last year which I have no complaints about but needed something stronger then 12 %. The CSS has 20% LAA. It may be too strong for sensitive skin but has been working fine for me. I was Afraid it was going to break me out but so far so good. If you have any sort of discoloration on your faCe or need brightening try a c serum!

I've almost finished the bottle and have a mixed feelings about it. First of all this is first vit. c serum I have ever used and I can't compare it to any other c serum.
Secondly, as vit. c is essential in skincare this serum is very affordable compared to others and this is the reason why i will repurchase it.
I can say this serum didn't irritate or break me out but my skin isn't very sensetive to c serum or retinoids. It does sting a little when I smoothe it on just washed faced. It feels very sticky first but after it absorbs there is no unpleasant feeling on the skin. It's very watery. I didn't check the ingredients but it feels like there is dissolved vit. c mixed with water and nothing else. Good for oily skin.
This serum does add some glow and freshness to my face but as I use it along with retinol creams I can't put my finger which one is more efficient.
Before buying the vit. C serum I read a lot of raving reviews but it didn't do anything miraculous for my skin but didn't do anything bad either.
I was trying to use it up quickly not to let it oxidize and after two and half month of everyday use I haven't noticed it changed the color.
Anyways, because it's a powerful antioxidant and a staple of skin care routine I will be buying it again.

Update......................................
I shoudn't have been so confident that my skin wasn't sensetive to vit c.
I should have taken into account that 20% vit c is quite a lot for a beginner. Now I have to deal with some kind of irritation or allergy which has been lasting for around three months and itchy really bad.I stopped using it three months ago but my skin hasn't recovered yet.
I don't recommend 20% to beginners.
Even if you will not notice any reaction in the beginning you can get it later.
Now I moved to 12% and it seems to work better for me.

in the past, I would only buy whitening serum to control my melanin. until when I turn 40, I realized that antioxidant is what it takes and the best topical antioxidant is Vit C I am now on my 5th bottle & I swear I've never used the same product more than twice until I started this antioxidant serum. While it doesn't do magic to your melasma or hyperpigmentation, but it certainly gives me a healthy glow. and I'm more than happy with that. I am a melasma sufferer and I know there's no solution to address this problem. After my 1st bottle, I don't see any changes to my face, but I bought 2 bottles to save the shipping costs and on my 2nd bottle, the glow on my face started to show. I suppose I am one of those people whose skin doesn't respond to topical products very quickly. and now my colleagues says I hv fair skin. I want to stress again, vit C does not work the same as whitening/lightening serum. antioxidant serum protects the skin from harmful UV rays, nevertheless sunscreen is still required.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

After having gone through a couple of bottles of Skinceuticals Vitamin C serums, I decided to explore lower-priced options. This is the one I decided on, and I'm very happy with it. I feel that I get the same results I did with Skinceuticals Serum 20 AOX with Ferulic (more even skintone, fading of melasma/sun spots, healthier-looking skin) while saving nearly $100 per bottle. I use 4 drops in the morning, which is sufficient to cover my face and neck. This serum is slightly more watery than Skinceuticals (hyaluronic acid is further down the ingredient list), but applies easily and doesn't leave skin feeling coated--great for summer. I've also found that this doesn't oxidize as quickly as Skinceuticals products, which really ticked me off. This serum also comes in a 1 oz. dropper bottle, so I decant a few milliliters into a smaller bottle I keep at the sink while the big bottle stays in the fridge.

I must add that CSS has great customer service--quick shipping, and they answer questions very quickly (on the same business day). I'll be repurchasing this and spending the money I save on something else!

BTW, I am not affiliated, just a happy customer.

Full Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, L-Ascorbic Acid (Topical Vitamin C), Propylene Glycol, Ethoxydiglycol, Zinc Sulfate, Glycerol, Triethanolamine, Ferulic Acid, D-Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edetate, Hyaluronic Acid.