Alba Botanica Good & Clean Gentle Acne Wash

Alba Botanica Good & Clean Gentle Acne Wash

4.1

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredients: Salicylic acid 1.0%. Purpose: Acne treatment. Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (water), lauryl glucoside, glycerin, sodium coco-sulfate, coco glucoside, sodium lauroyl glutamate, stearyl citrate, acer saccharum (sugar maple) extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice (1), citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) fruit extract, citrus grandis (grapefruit) fruit extract, citrus limon (lemon) fruit extract, fragaria vesca (strawberry) fruit extract (1), macrocystis pyrifera extract, panax ginseng root extract, pyrus malus (apple) extract, rubus fruticosus (blackberry) fruit extract, saccharum officinarum (sugar cane) extract, salix alba (willow) bark extract (1), vitis vinifera (grape) fruit extract, vaccinium myrtillus fruit extract, citrus aurantifolia (lime) oil (2), citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) peel oil (2), citrus grandis (grapefruit) peel oil (2), citrus limon (lemon) peel oil (2), citrus nobilis (mandarin orange) peel oil (2), prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil (2), citric acid, decyl glucoside, glyceryl oleate, sodium sulfate, alcohol(1), benzoic acid, phenoxyethanol, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, limonene. (1)Certified Organic Ingredient (2) For Scent Only

I'll start with the positives- It has a pleasant scent, made my skin feel clean and not tight, and the price is decent. But man this made me break out and dried my skin out :( My skin isn't usually sensitive or prone to breakout easily, so I'm not sure what happened.

on 2/13/2017 4:21:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I have acne breakouts once and a while and tried a lot of acne washes that have lots of chemicals in them and their just not for my skin. So one day I was shopping in Whole Foods Supermarket and browse through their acne cleansers and washes and noticed Alba Good & Clean Gentle Acne Wash, I don't like cleansers only washes because my skin has to feel really clean. I usually use CeraVe or Cetaphil but was looking for something just for acne, so I decided to try this one, the price was great only $6.99 and a nice size tube. The packaging is nice and colorful so you couldn't walk pass it without noticing it, only I sits upside down and you have to squeeze it from the bottom and then you have to hit it on the sink very hard to be sure it's close, wish this came in a pump!

This product doesn't dry your skin out at all, just a nice clean feel, and gentle enough to use twice a day. I lathers up really good and that's what I like . The smell is great, it kinda smells like grapefruit, which is cool. I don't know how good this would help if you have severe acne but for small breakouts its excellent. Yes I would purchase this again, as a matter of fact I'm going to purchase another tube to have on hand from Whole Foods.

on 5/12/2016 2:33:00 PM

Simple, natural, works, washes clean, non-drying, gentle, cheap, non-offensive clear gel. Buy it, try it and if you happen to not like it, you can use it as body wash. Far better than commercial stuff designed for oily skin. This is effective, I bought this for under $6 on iherb, seriously you can't go wrong.

on 5/10/2015 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

The perfect gel cleanser for oily / acne skin. Also perfect for using with a Clarisonic.
No synthetic fragrances or sulfates. It's really gentle and doesn't irritate my skin, but I still feel like it cleans my skin really nicely. It's just feels really nice to use. My skin feel clean and fresh after I use this. I've already repurchased this about 3 times.
The only downside is the cap seems to not have a super tight seal and a tiny bit seeps out. Not a big deal at all.

on 1/24/2016 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Favorite face wash ever. Perfect for my oily, acne prone skin that is sensitive to harsh treatments and doesn't like to be stripped. I will be so sad if they ever stop making this. So gentle and smooth, lathers nicely, thoroughly cleansing. Love the smell and gel texture. It brightens up my complexion. Sometimes I don't even feel like I need moisturizer after using this.

I love love love the natural ingredients in the Alba Botanica line. Great quality products and no scary chemicals. Giant heart!!

Only downside is the packaging. Like others have said, the snap close cap is not super tight so it's prone to leaks. (A PITA for travel, so you may want to transfer it to another bottle, or tape the lid shut really well). I store mine upside-down with the cap pointing up. Minor compared to all this products upsides!

I am still in the process of trying this out which is why I only gave it 4 lippies.
It smells wonderful!! It's a gel, that foams generously and washes very thoroughly. Surprisingly doesn't leave my face dry or tight. I expected that to happen due to the SA ( I normally use Cerave but wanted to try a natural product) but it isn't drying. They are being truthful when they say it's gentle, however if you have sensitive skin use caution because you may have a different experience.
I don't like the packaging (the bottle opens at the bottom which can make it messy and cause you to use too much.) wish this was in a pump bottle. Alba please change this!!
Great acne wash.

**update: used this for 3 weeks and son got progressively worse. Researched the "natural" ingredients and found that many are highly irritating to acne. I'm learning a hard lesson that natural isn't always better for acne.

This is a warning that I hope prevents someone from getting the aftermath I did after using this product. I do have sensitive/combination/acne prone skin, but i never anticipated what this product did to my face. For the first two days i used this as a face wash, i had never seen my skin look so nice, it was glowing even. The third day, i woke up and my entire face was red and burning. I figured i was just getting used to the new product. Fourth day, even redder, burning, and peeling like a sunburn almost. Now its been a week after not using it, and my skin is still recovering, red, and peeling. This wash is like a severe chemical peel and i wish i would have known better.

on 4/20/2014 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin and always struggle it during warm weather. In cool weather, I use Olay Sensitive Foaming cleanser and Olay Sensitive SPF 15 lotion. They work great, but my skin gets so oily in the summer. However, Olay's moisturizer is the only one with SPF that doesn't break out or irritate my skin, so I didn't want to change that. I have used a whole tube of this cleanser. So far, it's not irritating my skin, keeping my skin clear, and cutting down on some oiliness without drying it out. I'm very tempted to try more Alba Botanica products.

Pros: inexpensive, oil-free, keeps skin clear, lessens oiliness, doesn't irritate skin
Cons: none

on 7/2/2014 1:03:00 PM

I have very oily, break out prone skin that can also get dry patches. I bought this seeing all the fantastic reviews on here! In my personal experience, I used to use this with the CeraVe foaming face wash for normal to oily skin to get off makeup and then this to actually help with my acne. It gives you a clean feeling but after a while, I noticed that my skin had become very dry especially around my mouth area and berween my eyebrows. I stopped the use and used my Osmosis Purify wash to help with the acne and the dryness went away. I gave this wash another try a few months later and only used this because I wasn't wearing makeup and it made my face SO red and sensitive. It was good the first few tries but this is not for me. I will not be repurchasing.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have mild acne and moderate to severe seborhoeic dermatitis. I use this face wash pretty regularly whenever my face feels grimy. (about every other day or everyday) It leaves skin feeling smooth and clean without drying it out, unlike most other face washes i have tried. It also calms down my acne everytime I use it. It has a very pleasant grapefruit scent and I love that it's cruelty-free and mostly all-natural. If you're looking for a mild acne cleanser that won't dry out your skin, try this out!