Maybelline New York Color Tattoo - Waves of White

No Image

4.1

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have super-oily eyelids, so I was really wary of trying any cream shadows. But I saw the great reviews on these and decided to give them a try, and I'm glad I did! I always wear them over Nars Smudgeproof primer (worth every penny!) and usually combine them with powder shadows, and have had no creasing at all. They've stayed on and looked great for 10-12 hours consistently. I use a concealer brush to apply them.

Waves of White is really awesome, IMO. I found it in a bin of random stuff in clearance, so I got it for a great price. I'd heard some iffy reviews of it so probably wouldn't have bought it at full price, but I think now if I was to lose it or run out, I might try to track it down. I wouldn't pay inflated prices for it, but I would pay full retail. I mostly use this on TOP of other shadows. I put it on as a thin wash, often in the inner third of the eye, especially when I'm wearing blue, green or purple looks. It just adds a touch of shimmer and the color shifting is just gorgeous. It's totally sheer, but I think that's what makes it work so well with so many other colors. If it was stark white (like Too Cool, which I use only as a base for bright colors) I'd feel the need to put other colors on top of it which would defeat the purpose. I'm so glad I bought this one, and if I was to see another in a store somewhere I'd be sorely tempted to buy a backup!

on 8/7/2013 12:43:00 AM

* note: sorry In advance for the long review, I try to be as detailed as possible to help other members get a good understanding of the product :-)*

Ok so these are one of my favourite products in my makeup collection. They are so easy to apply and just are simply amazing.

COLOUR OR SHADE SPECIFIC REVIEW: this is probably my least favourite shade of the collection, although I do like it I just find the other shades more every day. This is very irredescent though and works for a night out look

APPLICATION: for a cream eyeshadow these are EXTREMELY easy to apply. Although you can use a brush, if it is for personal use I recommend using your finger as it is way easier to apply it that way and it takes very little time, giving you a simple, even application.

AVAILABILITY: These are usually well stocked in most stores and are available in pretty much every store that sells "drugstore" makeup, eg: Target, Wal-Mart, Shoppers Drug Mart, London Drugs, etc. Some specific colours I have found are very popular and run out fast though eg: Barely Branded, Bad To the Bronze, and Inked in Pink. I would recommend if you see these colours and are interested to pick them up as you see them.

FUNCTIONALITY: these are so easy and functional to use. The product contains 4g of product and it goes a LONG way. For reference I use my barely branded eyeshadow daily and it lasts me months. Also if you put your finger in the product one dab or finger (if that makes sense :-P) is enough for the whole eye. And they are sweat and oil proof.

PACKAGING: I love, love, love, the packaging of these. It is super sleek and sanitary. And an added plus if you have a large makeup collection like me and have to make the most out of your storage they store really nicely. If you use the long narrow bins that fit the mac blushes or other circle shaped shadows these fit PERFECTLY in them the only thing I would recommend is labelling the side of the product if you have a few of them so they are easier to identify because otherwise you may have to go through a few until you find what your looking for

PRICE: the price of these can vary quite a bit where I live (Canada). They are most usually though anywhere between $4.99 CAN and $6.99 CAN. Depending on the sale schedule. It is quite rare for me th8ugh to see them for $4.99 so I would recommend stocking up when they are that price like I do ;-) :-P

WEAR-ABILITY / LONGEVITY: These products come in so many different colours for every different skin tone. They also have amazing lasting abilities on the eyelid (even for people with oily lids) they also Work great as bases, so if you are trying to get makeup that is a little more budget friendly these are perfect because they eliminate the need for other products.
Not too mention they last all day so by eliminating touch ups you are using less product thus saving money and making the product go further

OVERALL: this is a great "high end" product at a "low end" price that works for all people of all skin types and tones

*Thankyou for reading through my long review and hopefully I was able to help you :-P :-) if you have any questions about this product or certain shades PLEASE feel free to message me. Also feel free to message me if you have any other review requests or questions about certain products as I collect makeup and have a big collection and am going through to review other products in my collection* <3

I adore this color so much. It didn't crease for me at all, I did use it without and with primer yet it last all day either way. This color goes on a very translucent white blue shimmer. I usually don't like blue eyeshadows yet this blue is so gorgeous. It has just the right amount of shimmer it can be used as a base and as the brow highlight. When used as a base even my matte eyeshadows stayed matte. With the brow highlight it just added a great small highlighted area that wasn't over shimmered. If you see this product grab it up. I'm really hoping they release it as a full time shade.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

As in the other reviews, this eye shadow is so multidimensional! I absolutely love it! When I saw it in the store I knew that I had to get it. On my eyes though, it did crease a bit but I think that just a touch of an eye shadow primer would solve it. It adds such a pop to my eyes that I don't get from other eye shadows. This is also great as a base of other shadows like a matte brown or black if you decided to go out. This is a very versatile shadow and a must have.

Price: $7 CAD
Colour: metallic white with icy blue/iced lavender duochrome
Pigmentation: medium to full
Wear time: all day

Color Tattoos are awesome because they last all day and provide excellent bases for powder shadows. This is an awesome colour for summer, too bad it's LE

on 5/31/2013 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this color, its so pretty and multidimentional. I LOVE how on some parts of my eye, its a greenish teal and on other parts its a blueish purple. I have Two of them for when I run out since it's limited edition. I wish they made this permanent. they might make it permanent in a way just like they did with Barely Beige from an LE collection When they re released it in a similar form as Barely BRANDED. Fingers crossed.

on 5/30/2013 4:14:00 PM

I have a few of these color tattoo shadows and I really enjoy them. Waves of White was a disappointment. It applied opalescent and sheer. A very pretty color. I really liked it under the bathroom lights. Several hours later I saw it in store (artificial) lighting and it was really awful. Very patchy looking as if it had moved around on the eyelid. I looked at my eyes again in natural light and it was just as bad. Very strange and odd looking. I rubbed as much of it off as I could, because I couldn't go home to wash it off. Sadly this just didn't wear well for me. Luckily I was able to return it for a refund.

on 5/10/2013 1:13:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I prefer the blendable, powder form of L'Oreal's Infallible e/s to this creamier version, but the new color is the PERFECT opalescent white. I have been looking for an opal color that I can apply with my fingers to add depth to my eyelids. This sometimes has a blue cast and sometimes green. Beautiful!