Redken Diamond Oil Shampoo

Redken Diamond Oil Shampoo

2.6

Aqua/Water/EAU, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamide Mea, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone, Parfum/Fragrance, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Sodium Benzoate, Salicylic Acid, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Carbomer, Linalool, Citronellol, Limonene, Camelina Sativa Oil/Camelina Sativa Seed Oil, Arginine, Coriandrum Sativum Oil/Coriander Seed Oil, Prunus Armeniaca Karnal Oil/Apricot Kernel Oil, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl, Silanetriol, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid.

on 1/8/2017 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received this shampoo and matching conditioner in a tricky tray basket. Have tried using them together and separately with other products as well. The shampoo lathers nice, smells good, looks cool with the little diamond colored chips floating in it (hence 2 stars). Right after styling appeared to give my hair some moisture and volume. By the next day I noticed my haircolor faded and my hair was very brittle. I tried it a few more times, same result, then stored it away for a whole year and tried again. No change, I think it actually damages your hair. Tossed it, along with the conditioner which by the way leaves your hair both greasy AND dry. Terrible products.

This shampoo was recommended by the salesperson at Ulta who said "you will love it." I did not love it. In fact, it will be going back to the store after just one use. I generally give any product more than one try before making a decision about it's continued use, but, this was too bad to consider keeping.
Below I have listed the pros and cons.
Pros:
1. Fragrance is nice
2. Cost is reasonable
3. Cleaned well

Cons:
1. Absolutely dried the heck out of my hair
2. The ends of my hair looked and felt like sandpaper
3. After washing I had difficulty getting a comb/brush or any styling utensil to go through my hair
4. Tangled my hair immensely.

After conducting further research, I discovered that this shampoo contains two sulphates (not sure about spelling) at the beginning of the ingredients list. While I can tolerate sodium laureth sulfate I cannot tolerate sodium laurel sulphate. It is tooo drying.

on 8/11/2015 5:35:00 PM

I love this shampoo! It gets my hair clean and leaves it soft.

Well I did it - for the first time in my life I've used up an entire bottle of shampoo. Diamond Oil - I have a love/hate relationship with you. I LOVE how soft you make my hair feel, and how you still lather up without overdrying my hair; however, I also feel like you're a bit too heavy for my hair.

With that being said - I haven't found anything else that compares, and I'll likely be repurchasing when I can afford it. Right now, I can't. Sigh.

on 3/28/2015 5:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Absolutely love this Shampoo. I have baby-fine dry hair that goes limp or brittle or becomes tangled with many products, but this leaves my hair shiny, clean and soft. I use with the same Conditioner and together they leave my hair perfect. No need for a leave-in conditioner afterwards either as my hair is not left tangled or dry. I alternate this with Joico K-PAK Shampoo & Conditioner (also excellent).

on 2/18/2015 5:55:00 PM

i first started using this after i went to the hairdressers because i wanted something different. they said that i would be good to use that shampoo to make my hair "rebuild" it's self. now the first 2-3 months it works fantasticly but after a while it just becomes a regular shampoo. would i buy this again maybe for now on i'm looking for something that can help my hair grow faster and stronger.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This shampoo cleaned my hair and made it soft, but I did not notice any shine... So I can't say its a terrible shampoo.
I have thick and dry hair so my biggest concern is that it's so dull all the time. I got the Diamond Oil High Shine Shampoo and that version did deliver on high shine after one wash.
So I think maybe Diamond oil shampoo did not deliver on it's shine promise..

on 9/9/2014 12:13:00 PM

Just recently began using the 3 products together. Shampoo, conditioner and Diamond Oil Intense. My hair is naturally curly and below shoulder length. The ends are very damaged from the sun & colouring. I shampoo once then add the intense oil and conditioner together and I use a LOT more than a few drops of the oil. I leave in for about 10 minutes & rinse with cool water. I LOVE IT! The ends no longer look or feel brittle & the ends feel so soft. Definitely does not feel heavy! Also; I love the shine! And when shampooing, it's amazing how soft my hair feels! I love these 3 products!

on 8/11/2014 4:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

:( I don't understand the negative reviews.
I'm a hairstylist and have been using this on my hair for over a year. I've bought 3 liters of this stuff. Used with the conditioner (which is fabulously thick, like all redken conditioners) it makes my hair so shiny and soft.
One thing I dislike about it is the smell. To me, it smells like hairspray. But i can look past that because it lathers very well (so you need very little) and of all of the shampoo/conditioner duos I've tried (A LOT- on myself, and countless others) this is the only one I feel that actually makes your hair smooth without weighing it down.
I'm never even tempted to try anything else.

on 7/26/2014 12:22:00 AM

Honestly...I wanted to fall in love with the product..but I just didn't unfortunately. The smell is something different, a good different, I like it a lot. I also like qthe packaging, very easy to grab in the shower. But the product itself is not good. I hate drug store shampoos but id pick tresemme or Pantene over this any day. When I get out of the shower and comb through my hair (after applying the diamond oil & my biolage leave in) it literally feels like my hair is straw! Which isn't normal for my hair...at least not anymore. I haven't dyed it in almost a year and haven't applied heat in months, my hair is usually like silk when it comes to combing it through after my shower. But no way...my hair felt like a tangled web. I will never purchase this product again. Disappointed :/