Amore Pacific Color Control Cushion Compact Broad Spectrum SPF 50+

Amore Pacific Color Control Cushion Compact Broad Spectrum SPF 50+

3.6

-Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate: 7% -Titanium Dioxide: 4.15% -Zinc Oxide: 9.8% Phyllostachis Bambusoides Juice, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Alcohol, Arbutin, Lauryl Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Acrylates/Ethylhexyl Acrylate/Dimethicone Methacrylate Copolymer, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Sodium Chloride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Aluminium Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Lecithin, Isostearic Acid, Isopropyl Palmitate, Phenoxyethanol, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Acrylates/Stearyl Acrylate/Dimethicone Methacrylate Copolymer, Dimethicone, Disodium Edta, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Ethylhexyglycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Water, Silica, Camellia Japonica Seed Oil, Camillia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Fragrance, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides (Ci 77492, Ci 77491, Ci77499)

This is a lovely light dewy base but the color range is deplorable. The fairest shade is very tan and the darkest is barely darker than medium tan.

on 2/9/2017 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I had been wanting to try a cushion foundation and something from Amore Pacific, so this seemed perfect. Unfortunately it was a total flop. Coverage is light to medium, depending on how much you build it up, and the finish is dewy but through the day seems to sit awkwardly, sort of approaching greasy. The container seems wasteful (in terms of product) and unhygienic. The color match (options aren't great) isn't perfect for me. But the biggest fault here was the smell - it is very fragranced. Personally I didn't care for the scent, but even if I had, it is so strong that it lingers and competes with things like perfume. All of these things, combined with the price, make it a fail for me.The only reason I gave it 2 stars instead of 1 is that it didn't seem to irritate or cause harm to my skin (though I may not have used it consecutively enough to know for sure if it would have).

The Amore Pacific cushion compact gives a natural dewy finish. The foundation is buildable to medium coverage. Although I am all for the dewy look, I find that by midday my face becomes a grease ball (P.S. I have combination skin). I have tried setting the foundation with translucent powder and this makes a slight difference at reducing shine. I also find when wearing the Amore Pacific cushion compact, my eye makeup tends to smudge more than usual. This may be due to the dewy finish of the foundation.

For more detailed review: https://crazybeautelife.wordpress.com/2016/11/15/amore-pacific-colour-control-cushion-compact/

on 7/17/2016 2:21:00 PM

I've been wanting to jump on the cushion foundation bandwagon for a while, so I tried this amore pacific foundation.

The first impression that hit me, as other reviewers mentioned, was the very strong fragrance. It's not unpleasant but it's definitely there. The foundation is a light coverage I think just because it's sponge applied, but it can be built up to a medium foundation.
I used shade 102, which was an ok match on my NC20-25 skin, but it had a pretty strong pink undertone which doesn't work for me. Other than that, I liked the finish. It's not as dewy as I would expect from a cushion foundation, but it's definitely not matte.

I really appreciate the SPF 50, and the convenience of the cushion but final impression, I wouldn't repurchase. It's too strongly fragranced and the color selection is extremely limited.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I tried this product by accident so I had no expectations. Nevertheless, it managed to disappoint me. I received this when Sephora mistakenly included it in my shipment (they left out half my order – I assume it went to the person who ordered this.) When I called them to ask them to ship my stuff, they told me to return this if I happened to stop in to a store but not to worry about it otherwise. Because I don’t usually go to the store (I always order from them online) and also because I am a beauty product addict, naturally I had to try it. The shade is too dark for me (I am a ghostly N10-15) but I don’t hold that against it. To break it down:

Pros:
- Contains sunscreen

Cons:
- $: too much
- Format: Clunky, strange, too big, totally unhygienic. You have to assemble it because the sponge that holds all the product is in a protective pouch. Once you get it put together, you use your fingers to squish the sponge and then dot the foundation onto your face. I can’t figure out what purpose the sponge serves as you never use it to actually apply the product. I also doubt people people will use enough with that application method to get the spf 50 coverage (you need ¼-teaspoon of product).
- Functionality: I’m not entirely clear on the point of the sponge/compact format but I’m guessing this is supposed to be a portable form of liquid foundation. To me a small tube of foundation has several advantages over this:1) more hygienic 2) doesn’t need to be assembled or refilled 3) cheaper 3) less wasteful packaging, less plastic 3) takes up much less room in my bag (this doesn’t fit in my little makeup bag at all).
- Fragrance: AmorePacific adds copious amounts of fragrance to all their products. It’s not necessary (especially in a foundation) and it increases your odds of irritation.
- Finish: This has a very makeup-y look once blended. It just sits on top of the skin and is very aging.

This one’s a no for me.

on 3/22/2016 10:04:00 PM

This foundation covers very well I have very fair skin and 102 is a pretty close match, however this has a STRONG fragrance very strong. It also lingers for some time to.

on 2/24/2016 4:40:00 PM

Way too much fragrance! Amore Pacific (and Korean beauty products in general) are too strongly scented for me. They always market their products as having amazing skincare benefits and/or incorporating Asian herbs into their products, but they always add fragrance, which will only irritate the skin and undermine whatever skincare benefits they claim. The overwhelming scents are a major turn-off for me because I have sensitive skin. Even if I didn't have sensitive skin, I still wouldn't want my foundation to be this strongly scented. In this Color Control Cushion Compact, fragrance isn't even the last ingredient. It's the third to last ingredient. If you have sensitive skin like I do, this product will probably break you out. There are plenty of great foundations that are fragrance-free, but if you still want to use a cushion foundation, you might want to try L'oreal's Lumi Cushion Foundation, which is fragrance-free. Also, Lancome's Miracle Cushion has a bit of fragrance, but at least it's the last ingredient on the list and is not as overwhelming as this one.

on 12/24/2015 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Stays on my skin and doesnt cling onto my dry patches. 204 is a good match for my NC 30-35 skin. I believe the fragrance broke me out, this gave me cystic acne on my cheeks and forehead. This is going back to sephora for sure

on 12/21/2015 1:11:00 PM

I bought this at Sephora. I have had good luck with direct from Korea bb creams but the lightest shade available at the store, 104 of this just did not match my skin (NW20-25) it felt too yellow. I also did not care for the "luminous" finish, which just looked shiny on me. So I did return it.

I see there is a 102 on the website, and that might work. But, again, I didn't like the finish. A shame because I would have liked the skincare of a nice Korean brand from an easily available source. I am using the Hera UVMist Cushion long-stay matte in 21. Not perfect but much better for my skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

In terms of natural ingredient cushion foundations, this product is one of the best.
It is a high-end product.

No Laneige does not carry the same item because they are different products. >.<
Laneige is a cheaper line under the Amore Pacific corporation aimed for those in their teens-20s.

1. Quality
- it has a lot a lot of skincare products including anti-aging products that are good for your skin. (this stuff is expensive. If you compare the ingredient lists for different cushions this product has a lot of different ingredients)
- instead of using glycerol uses bamboo extract to make it even more hydrating
- In addition it is the most luxurious line in the Amore Pacific family (hence the higher price point.)
- paraben-free (FINALLY!)
- very moisturizing
- the ingredients are from various herbs well-known for its cosmetic properties by the Korean industry
(if you're looking for a foundation that has a lot of Korean traditional herbs try Sulwhasoo. It also has way more coverage)
- the only cushion foundation with anti-aging essence included

2. Price-point
- It's not actually sixty dollars per se because they give you TWO things of it.
- I used one a whole year. You use one side then flip it over to the other sponge using tweezers then you're good to go again.
- That means that you're paying $30 per cake for the same amount of foundation you would get in any other company in bottle form.
- Unlike other foundations, Amore Pacific put in a lot of ingredients that are going to make your skin better. It's not just foundation.

3. About Amore Pacific
It is a cosmetic behemoth with over 25 different cosmetic lines and dominates the South Korean beauty market.
I like this brand because they have innovative products.
The cushion foundation was also created by this company (IOPE BB Air Cushion in 2008).
Lancome did not come up with this idea.

I would recommend this product for anyone who really wants high-end skincare, with non-irritating ingredients, probably better for older consumers late 30s and up (as the younger ones don't need so much right now).

For those who bemoan the lack of shades in Amore Pacific who are lighter. Try the IOPE XP cushion. They now have shades in the teens.