Mary Kay Makeup Finishing Spray by Skindinavia

Mary Kay Makeup Finishing Spray by Skindinavia

4.1

on 10/4/2017 11:42:00 PM

Best setting spray I've ever used...and I have many, many, many different setting sprays. The first time I tried this was at the end of a long work day and I was sweaty and oily as hell...a few spritzes of this and I was refreshed as if I had just freshly applied my makeup to a clean face. Amazed. And when I do use it on freshly applied makeup it makes it look amazing. Helps keep my makeup on all day, and I love the fine mist on this. Only downside is it's pretty expensive for a tiny bottle...

This is a great finishing spray! It makes my makeup stay on for longer and it seems like it also prevents my skin from getting as oily as it would normally during the day. It does not smell like chemicals and it dispenses product evenly. The spray diffuses it softly while creating a mist like effect which is not too harsh for the face.
PROS:
- No bad smell
- Gives staying power
- Controls shine
- Makes makeup look more natural and gives a dewy finish
- Good diffuser
CONS:
- Mary Kay products are hard to come buy unless you know a representative or buy online

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

$18 for an ounce or so, very expensive in my opinion. I bought this and regretted it immediately. Did not notice any difference on the duration of my makeup, since it started running down after a few hours like always. It did not make a difference on anything except making my face a little dewey. It's as good as spraying water on your face -_- I should try Urban Decay's All Nighter setting spray, since I have heard is quite amazing. I should not have settled for a cheap copy cat product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Love this spray! I didn't know much about finishing sprays, so I tried this and there is an obvious good difference in my finished face. It looks more put together yet not like I'm trying too hard. Good investment.

on 9/11/2014 2:14:00 AM

Let me start by saying I used to sell MK products, but I'm going to do my best to not give a biased opinion. I love love love this setting spray. I think it does wonderful things. I apply all my makeup (except eyeliner and mascara), and spray this stuff on. I usually do three or four sprays to get it all over and then I let it sit for a few seconds to dry before I go to the mascara and eyeliner. I find that if I spray after the mascara it gets smudgy. It goes on light and doesn't feel super heavy and I don't feel like it clogs up my skin or weighs my face down at all. My make up stays. Seriously. I actually notice a difference in how my makeup looks at the end of the day when I use this vs. when I don't use it. It still looks bright and fresh and wonderful at the end of the day. And my eye shadow looks bomb diggity still, even when I put a lot on for nights out or special occasions. My only qualm with it is that, like other MK products, it's overpriced. It's a good quality product and it lasts me for quite awhile but at $18 a pop its spendy. I may look around for a slightly less expensive alternative, but this is an excellent quality product. If you can shell out the cash I would recommend trying it.

on 11/29/2015 11:07:00 PM

This is a makeup setting spray made by Mary Kay in collaboration with Skindinavia. It comes in a black sturdy packaging which contains 2 fl.oz/59 ml of product (why do you always do this, Mary Kay? WHY?). This is a very expensive product for the amount you get and for the brand you're paying for. But anywho.

I have combination skin, very oily cheeks and dryness around mouth and chin. My skin is a makeup eater: never ever lasts on me and I was getting sick and tired of that. Because Urban Decay is very expensive in my country and Skindinavia is not available, I decided to get this.
What I expected from my makeup setting spray was a product that would 1) make my make up last for several hours (obviously); 2) control my oiliness and 3) ease the dry patches and the powderiness, making me look more fresh and hydrated (but not necessarily dewy).

This does my makeup last for a very, very long time. It's truly magical. I can't complain about that. So for that reason alone, I applaud this product. It also controls my oils very nicely, thank goodness (even though it actually makes me quite dewy... go figure).

BUT, it is not very forgiving on my dry patches. It doesn't exactly make them worse, it just doesn't make them better. I believe that's due to the amount of alcohol in the formula, because it smells like it and feels kind of "cooling" of the skin. It makes me cringe a bit to think of how damaging all this alcohol is to my cells (alcohol is toxic and ageing, in case you didn't know). I would never recommend wearing this every day, only for special occasions, which is what I do. For that reason, it's not the kind of mist you can count on to refresh and hydrate the skin after a few hours of makeup. In fact, sometimes I feel like this makes me slightly drier as the day progresses.

This has another down side, which is making my pores look slightly bigger on my cheeks around my nose. Don't know why, don't know if it's just me, but it happens. I honestly dislike it, but it doesn't bother me to the point where I'll stop using it.

Even though it doesn't ease the dry patches, it does make all the powders blend in much nicer on the skin, as well as making all my cheek products look more vibrant, specially my highlighter (which you can see from the moon after spritzing this, I swear).

The nozzle is alright. I don't have many experiences with other face mists, but this seems ok. It doesn't spritz the finest mist on Earth, but it's not uncomfortably wet.

Yes, it's not a perfect product. But nothing's perfect. For now, this will do the trick for me. I'm not sure if I'll ever repurchase, but maybe yes.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have been wanting to try Skindinavia or UD All Nighter Setting Spray. When I saw that this spray was made by Skindinavia I just had to give it a shot. It does make your makeup last, it does retain the colors of your blush/makeup. It does not feel sticky or oily. A great product to have if you are a Makeup Artist and for personal use on a special event as well.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools