Ombrelle Ultra Fluid SPF 60 Face

Ombrelle  Ultra Fluid SPF 60 Face

4.2

Active Ingredients: Homosalate 15%, Oxybenzone 6%, Octisalate 5%, Octocrylene 5%, Avobenzone 3% Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Alcohol Denat., Silica, Dicaprylyl Ether, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Dimenthicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Polymethylsilesquioxane, Nylon-12, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, Lauryl PEG/PPG-18/18 Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Caprylyl Glycol, PEG-8 Laurate, Methylparaben, Poly C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Isostearyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Dodecene, Poloxamer 407, Tocopherol, Vitis Vinifera Fruit Extract.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The texture and wear of this sunscreen is nice, it's not greasy and it absorbs well. However after wearing it for two days, my face broke out in little bumps everywhere, almost like the surface of an orange peel. It got so bad on my neck that the little bumps began to fall off and bleed. I'm not sure what ingredient I reacted so badly too but I'm not down to wear this again and find out.

on 8/3/2017 1:16:00 PM

I find this product light and I don't need anything except a good moisture cream and serum
under it blush and usual eye shadow etc. it isn't greasy and protects well from the sun !
even covers darkness under eyes

on 7/19/2016 5:30:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

...I truly don't get all these glowingly positive reviews. This product shields you from tanning/burning, and certainly uses all of the right terms you look for when purchasing a sunscreen -- but beware -- IT'S GREASY/OILY AS HELL! I'm not sure what the "ultra fluid light lotion" thing is all about (they even have the balls to state that it is "light", "non-sticky" and "non-greasy"...!) because in reality, this is just EXTREMELY watered down just-as-greasy-and-sticky-as-any-other-sunscreen sunscreen. It's very runny (literally quite watery), so it's hard to apply without making a mess. On top of that (after you manage to actually get it on...), IT'S AWFUL AND GREASY (may as well just slick some vegetable oil on your face!). Right off the bat, you begin with this greasy sheen that only gets worse the longer it sits on your face. It also ALWAYS gives me a small breakout of temporary whiteheads (and sometimes worse) EVERY SINGLE TIME I WEAR IT. Due to the greasiness and the fact that it makes me break out, I hate it! The ONLY reason I keep using it is because Ombrelle is highly recommended by Canadian dermatologists -- and this is the "lightest" of all their sunscreen products. But I am certainly on a desperate hunt to find something better (less greasy, lighter/sheer, with antioxidants and WON'T break me out) -- here's hoping my quest for a GOOD daily sunscreen ends soon...

on 7/11/2017 3:36:00 PM

The two primary qualities I look for in a facial sunscreen are that it 1) does not stick to or emphasize dry skin, and 2) that it does not clog my pores or break me out. This product definitely did make my face look a bit flaky, so it's a fail for me.

I didn't use it long enough to say whether it would clog my pores or not. But the finish is nice enough, and less greasy than some sunscreens.

Note: I got this product in Canada and it is called the "SPF 60 Ultra Light Advanced Weightless Face Lotion". It has the same ingredients and packaging as shown above.

*************************************

EDIT: I had used this product a couple times before reviewing it initially and it does cling to any dry spots I have, but I have used it more and it is working better for me now. It still makes dry spots apparent, but since my skin is doing better with more hot and humid weather it is less of an issue. Still not ideal, but workable. I can't wear foundation over it though due to this issue. But I will use the product up at least. So I'd say this product would work for you if you have oily or normal skin, but not dry or dehydrated.

With continued use, I've also noticed that this does not tend to clog my pores like some sunscreens do. So that's a plus!

Besides clinging to dryness, another con I've noticed is that this product does not offer much moisturization. I have combo oily, clog-prone skin with dryness and flakiness. I always use a light moisturizer with a couple drops of hydrating oil in it under this product, and it still does not offer enough moisturization.

It doesn't feel heavy or make my skin look greasy though, which is another indication it would be good for those with oily or normal skin.

So I added another lippie and would actually recommend this product for those with oily skin. If you have dry skin, I'd skip this one though.

on 8/10/2015 9:42:00 PM

I have already repurchased this sunscreen and I will continue to do so. We all know it's important to wear SPF every day and this product makes it easier to do so. It's not thick and heavy like most sunscreens. It's very thin and watery which makes it nice and light. I haven't had any issues with breakouts since I've been using this.I wear this every day, all year round, on my face, neck, and chest. It's a good idea to let it absorb for a few minutes before applying makeup. If I'm spending more than a few minutes out in the sun, I apply a different suncreen (I really have no brand preference. Currently, I'm sharing my son's baby sunscreen) to the rest of my body.

The price seems a bit high when you look at the size of the bottle, but it really does last a long time. Besides, your skin is worth the money.

on 6/20/2015 9:49:00 PM

love this! i've been using it daily for about 6 months, and it has not given me an allergic reaction or broken me out. my only complaint is that there is a slight greasy sheen that stays the whole time you wear it. however, i have yet to find a sunscreen that has any less of a greasy sheen, that is both affordable and readily available. honestly, the greasy sheen is barely noticeable anyway.

edit (08/06/2017)
just want to say I'm still using this 2 years on and still love it! I've never had a sunburn using this.

on 4/8/2015 11:22:00 PM

This is the only sunscreen in 15 years of trying that has not broken me out. Could be because I'm using epiduo as well. It has good protection, doesn't sting under my eyes and dries quickly. It's not matte but not shiny either. It has a slight sunscreen smell. I get no weird bumps or red areas with this sunscreen and I'm not afraid of getting zits. I am extremely acne prone.

on 5/26/2014 7:56:00 PM

This is one the best facial suncreens I've used. After trying various other products like Neutrogena Sheer Touch/Daily Moisturizers with SPF and Clinique face cream - I never found a consistency I liked. Most sunscreens have always been too heavy to wear on a hot day and deterred me from reapplying or using daily. The not so secret lies in the ultra fluid consistency, as the name implies, this Ombrelle product is extremely light and doesn't feel goopy or messy. The texture is runny though so be careful when applying.

Despite claims of being fragrance free, there is a light sunscreen scent that quickly wears off, so don't be put off by the initial application. The only drawback I find is that this product leaves a bit of an oily residue. Hours after it's been on my face, if I run my fingers on my skin, I can see a shiny residue. I have normal to dry skin so I don't know why this is happening, I have a feeling the product just sticks on your skin, as it creates a barrier, like how sunscreen is supposed to work - I just wish it felt more like an absorbing lotion.

The small bottle is a great advantage, it's perfect for carrying around, and the flat shape fits perfectly in any purse or make up bag. I paid around 18$CDN for this product which is a justifiable price.
Note, Ombrelle is under the same umbrella brand as L'Oreal and, L'Oreal just launched a new line of sun scare products called Sublime Sun which also comes in a "silky sheer" ultra fluid but at half the price. The ingredient lists and texture is practically identical, so I would probably try its sister product next time I need to restock.

on 10/12/2014 11:15:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This is a review for the same product only 30 SPF. I could find the one I have on this site.
I paid $8.99 for it at Marshalls. It blends pretty well into the skin and leaves a smooth but only slightly greasy texture on the skin. Doesn't look white on my face. Goes moderately well under makeup but again a slightly greasy feel. Slight sunscreen scent that I find kind of pleasant :)
Has pretty good sun protection. I would buy it again but probably in the 60 SPF. It seems to have really good reviews!

on 4/9/2015 2:18:00 PM

I'll buy it over and over. It doesn't feel weird, smell weird, or break out my face. It blends in nicely, spreads beautifully, and lasts forever. The spf 60 is a relief for my sun-loving ways. The bottle is small and pours easily, to straight on the face it goes, which is why I gave this products full marks. The price only seems pricey if you think it won't last long. It lasts me 6 months of daily protection.