Josie Maran Cosmetics Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelee

Josie Maran Cosmetics Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelee
image 1image 2image 3image 4

4.3

Water**, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Juice**, Glycerin, Isopropyl Isostearate**, Cetearyl Alcohol**, Isostearyl Hydroxystearate**, Methyl Gluceth-20**, Glyceryl Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Ceteareth-20**, Butylene Gycol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil*, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA. May Contain: Red 40 (CI 16035), Red 27 (CI 45410), Yellow 6 (CI 15985), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 33 (CI 17200), Blue 1 (CI 42090).

on 6/8/2016 2:43:00 PM

I bought this in Honeymoon Honey because 1) I like cream/gel blushes and bronzers; powders tend to make my skin look either dull or sparkly 2) I'm quite pale and most actual bronzers are too dark/orangey on me. THIS STUFF IS AWESOME. I add a bit to my cheeks and blend for a sunkissed glow--well, as close as sunkissed as I'm going to get. It's also awesome as an eye color, as it shows up as a warm brown on me; not reddish at all.

It has no discernible scent that I can tell, and I have a pretty sensitive nose. It's a bit pricey for the amount you get, but a little goes a long way.

My only complaint is the packaging. The pot is not very sanitary, and looks like it may be prone to drying out the gel. I'd much rather see this thinned out a bit and in a squeeze tube. But I decanted a bit into a different container for everyday use and keep the rest in the fridge (with saran wrap under the lid). Hopefully this will keep it from drying out/growing gross stuff.

Aqua (Water)** (and) Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Juice**, Glycerin, Isopropyl Isostearate**, Cetearyl Alcohol**, Isostearyl Hydroxystearate**, Methyl Gluceth-20**, Glyceryl Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Ceteareth-20**, Butylene Gycol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil*, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA. May Contain: Red 40 (CI 16035), Red 27 (CI 45410), Yellow 6 (CI 15985), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 33 (CI 17200), Blue 1 (CI 42090).

on 3/27/2016 7:51:00 AM

I've been using these for two years and I have Poppy Paradise and Pink Escape. It gives my cheeks very nice glow and pop of color. Looking into getting Getaway Red soon...

To Read all 79 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/8/2016 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I hated this product for a year before I realized how it's supposed to be used. This isn't a cream blush at ALL. It's jelly texture that comes solid so the first few time you use it you're not even getting any pigment on your fingers/tool. The key for me was to think of it as a stain. It works very well like that. Still, it's a very annoying product and not worth it if you can find something more flexible, more easily pigmented, and one that doesn't dry out so quickly! I mean, it IS 50% water! The only reason I buy this is because it looks so natural. I love color, I love green eyeshadow and burgundy lips and all that but 95% of the time I want makeup that enhances my skin and features and gives me a sexy, post-coital-on-vacation look. Honeymoon Honey gives that. It's a reddened bronze that probably would look BOMB as a nude on medium skin tones and super sunny on light skins. It makes me look like i've been out in the sun and got slightly burnt (which is good for me since I am fair olive toned) I put this on my lips and although it is drying, the color doesnt migrate to the center of my lips like most other lip and cheek tints. I wish Josie Maran would come out with a better concept in the same color so I'll reluctantly buy a replacement.

This product is my favorite cream blush! I really like this product because it is easy to apply and has a very creamy consistency, which makes it easy to blend. It is pigmented, but not pigmented to the point where if I apply too much, that I look like a clown. I have the blush in Pink Escape, and it compliments my skin color nicely. It is very long lasting, and gives me a natural flush. I highly recommend it!

on 1/7/2016 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Being a very pale human, I've always used pink and peach blushes, but decided to try this in Berry Bliss to compliment my more cool-toned lipsticks. The texture feels so light on the skin and the color is so sheer that it doesn't overwhelm me at all. This stuff rocks!
Even though it was expensive, I also think it's gonna prove to be pretty cost-effective--one extremely light tap of my blush brush into the pot is perfect for each cheek.
Right now, it's not an everyday staple for me, but I think in a peachier shade it might be. Gotta try the others

on 12/28/2015 3:19:00 AM

Bought this at Sephora and have been using it for about 4 months. Love the packaging, the colour gives a fresh rosiness and is easily buildable, and it blends in well over my foundation. I did not give it 5 lippies because I do not find that it lasts through the day.

on 11/18/2015 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really love this blush!! It gives nice sheer color that looks like a natural flush. I have both Pink Escape, which is a nice true pink shade, and Berry Bliss, which is a deeper plummy shade. I wear PE in the spring and summer and BB in the fall/winter. PE goes well with any pink lipstick and with pinky nudes. BB works with plum, merlot and burgundy lips. This blush blends like a dream and is best applied with a compact head blush brush. I barely touch the brush to the product and then to my cheek and I get a nice wash of natural color that gives my entire face a nice healthy glow. This blush works well over foundation and I blend with the sides of the brush, which gives me really even coverage. It truly lasts all day and I never need to touch it up later in the day. This is the first gel blush I've ever used and I liked it well enough to purchase a second color. It takes very little product to get a nice result so this little pot will last at least a year. It lasts a lot longer than creams or powders and looks a lot more natural. I've been wearing this blush every day and absolutely love it. It works a lot better for me than Benefit Ben-a-tint or Tarte blush sticks, which don't blend as easily or wear as well. All in all, I really love this product and am pleased with my purchase. I highly recommend this product.

on 8/29/2015 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This looks lovely if you're not using heavy duty concealer or foundation on your face. The reason: impossible to blend. If you use fingers... it'll mostly stay on your fingers and they'll be stained red while your cheeks/lips will just have a light tint. A dense brush has given me the best transfer. I still like it because it gives me a flush on days when I don't wanna wear any other makeup.

on 8/21/2015 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I like a natural style, make up minimalist and thought this would be great

It is very sheer and has no brown or skin undertones. It made my pink skin even more red.

I do not need more red added to my face so returned

I also thought it was really expensive

I have lip sticks that I can sheer out and use as a cream blush

If super think barely there blush is your thing you may like it

This product is so interesting!
i was looking at all the Joise Maran products at Mecca and i noticed these..
the texture is different.. it's not a gel or powder or anything i've seen before..
I apply this after foundation and before my powder and it looks so natural, i found the best was to apply was just using my fingers instead of a brush. Its gorgeous, perfect for hot summers here in Australia as this product last alllllll day!! Im definitely picking more shades!

Popular Blush Products