Tatcha Polished Deep Rice Enzyme Powder

Polished Deep Rice Enzyme Powder

3.9

on 9/25/2016 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Of course the price is ridiculous. Another pedestrian product marketed as a wonder. I am 48, with dry, somewhat sensitive skin. I tried it and found milia on my skin, something I've never, ever developed and didn't even know about until they appeared on my face. I contacted the company to return the product and was completely surprised by their response: "If you buy it, you're stuck with it." I heard: "We can't stand by our product." I was truly surprised.

My skin is simply not THAT sensitive, but this stuff gave it the creepies.

on 9/24/2016 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I use this product in conjunction with the moisture mist and brightening serum, it works wonders and is my hands-down enzyme exfoliating product. Since I started using this powder 2 years ago my skin tone is more even and the texture is far smoother; I no longer have those hundreds of tiny bumps along my jawline (hello menopause). I regularly go out barefaced now because my skin finally looks good without makeup.

I apply this every morning and massage my face for one and a half minutes. Although the directions say massage for 30 seconds, I then let the product sit for about another minute for maximum exfoliation. I've found my skin is much softer when I let the product sit longer - you will have to build up to this because this method may be too harsh initially.

When I rinse my face my skin feels very smooth but not stripped - there's no residue left, and no noticeable dryness. I follow with their moisture mist and brightening serum - at 49, I receive a ton of compliments on my skin.

I'd also add that Tatcha's customer service is impeccable. Each time I've written to the company with a question, they are unfailingly polite and informative.

To Read all 17 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Wow, expensive for ground-up rice and papain, and probably some kind of detergent. But...luxurious and effective. I have normal skin (older) and it gets dull. I don't like scratchy scrubs, nor the usual alpha or beta hydroxy peels. I have sensitive skin and those burn me. This doesn't--and it's utterly pleasant to apply. Wet your face, wet hands WELL and slide open the little trap door inside the attractive frosted jar and sprinkle about a 1/8 tsp into your palm. Lather it up and rub your face. You will feel squeaky clean afterwards. It's supposed to be used after cleansing oil, which I do (double cleansing, oil and DHC soap.) I have no reaction to it and I turn red as a beet with many things. If only it weren't so darned expensive. But I use only Japanese and Korean skin care and I have to say, you get what you pay for. I sometimes stray but I'm alway back again to my reincarnated Japanese roots. What that connection is, I never figured out but I must have been some horrible Daimyo's wife or a ninja's girlfriend in a past life. Think I'm kidding? My ex was Japanese. And when my 2nd husband passed away, some Japanese dude who I knew vaguely from political correspondences showed up, all the way across the country, "to have dinner." He was shocked I never told him I'm six feet tall. So why would that matter...uh, oh. OH. You were thinking. Well, no way. Been there, done that.

This is one of the best Enzyme Powder that I have ever tried. Much better than the other products. After cleansing I used just a pinch and it leaves behind glowing skin.

This is my HOLY GRAIL cleanser, it helps my acne and visibly reduce my pore size.

on 7/31/2016 10:10:00 PM

Be careful with this product. Although it says it is for sensitive skin I recommend the patch test as suggested on the package. I had a sample size of this product and after applying it per the instructions and rinsing it off I started to see my cheeks turn red and it felt like my face was burning. Obviously I am sensitive to one of the ingredients but I don't have sensitive skin so just please beware.

on 7/13/2016 7:44:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

o.k...Make your own, because I liked it a lot but the price is outrageous and it was a bit drying. You will need, a container with a lid shaker and a cap (I use a recycled glass spice shaker) organic white rice flour, Papain capsules as well as licorice capsules (that can be opened, I got mine from swanson vitamins.com, you get a ton for a few bucks) I also used a bit of tapioca flour in my mixture, it acted like an emulsifier when I wet it and scrubbed my face. I mix about a half a cup of the rice flour, about a teaspoon of tapioca flour and between 2-3 of the papain and licorice capsules, it makes alot, I store what I'm not using in a ziploc bag. I do cleanse my face of makeup before I use this at night, because unlike the tatcha, there is no detergent in this,( if I use in the a.m I just use this alone to wake up my skin!) but it really does wonders for skin tone, texture and brightness. Sometimes if my skin is feeling congested I put a drop of pure tea tree oil in the powder before I add water to scrub my face and it is amazing! Play around and have fun!!!

on 7/11/2016 2:09:00 AM

This did nothing for my skin. I bought mine through qvc.com and all their videos said to be careful with this powder because it's so powerful and you're not supposed to leave it on the skin longer than 15 seconds. I really thought something amazing was going to happen. Nothing happened. I've been using it for 3 weeks and it didn't make my skin softer and it sucks as an exfoliator. This stuff is way overpriced. I paid $65 for a product that didn't deliver. I also did not like that you have to pour powder in your hand and have to worry about mixing in too much water or else it runs off your hands and down the drain before you even get it to your face.

on 2/13/2016 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

tried a sample size, its nice, but not for the price, other brands have cheaper ones

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This is my favorite skincare product, hands-down, and the thing that's made the most difference in my skin texture. I have combination skin that's highly clog-prone with noticeable sebaceous filaments on my nose - makeup tends to sit on top of it and highlight any bumpiness. Since I started using this powder 2 months ago though, these issues have largely been mitigated. Skintone is much, much more even and I no longer have those hundreds of tiny bumps that make my foundation look terrible under bright light. I regularly go out barefaced now because my skin finally looks good without makeup.

How I use: I apply this once every night after removing any makeup/residual oil with a basic cleanser. I exfoliate each area of my face for about 20 seconds, concentrating on my cheeks and nose (where I'm most clog-prone). I then let the product sit for about another minute for maximum exfoliation. I know the instructions advise you to leave the product on for 25 seconds, but I've found my skin is much softer when I let the product sit longer - you will have to build up to this because this method may be too harsh/drying initially. Be sure not to exfoliate one area for more than 25 seconds at a time because you will experience redness.

When I rinse my face my skin feels very smooth but not stripped - there's no residue left, and no noticeable dryness (even without moisturizer, which I don't use). One huge bonus I've noticed is that the sebaceous filaments on my nose get purged - I just use my towel to wipe them away. I've noticed best results when I use the powder before applying actives (vitamin C serum combines beautifully with this) or a sheet mask.

So happy to have found this product. Prior to it I used a Clarisonic because my extremely reactive skin doesn't tolerate much, especially chemical exfoliants like AHAs/BHAs and retinoids. The Clarisonic was okay, but never exfoliated very deeply or made a significant different to the quality of my skin. The brush was also a pain to keep clean and replacements were prohibitively expensive. Tatcha's exfoliant is quicker and easier so I never skip this at night.

This stuff seems expensive but I've gone through half my container in 2 months (and I apply a generous amount each time, probably more than I really need). I expect one tub to last at least 4 months, so it's a good bargain overall. Even better if you get it 20% of during their friends & family sale. Another bonus - Tatcha's customer service is impeccable. I ordered the deep powder along with the classic rice powder during their F&F sale and decided I wanted to exchange the classic for another container of the deep version *past* my return window. A lovely sales rep let me do this at no charge so I could retain my original discount.

If you're looking for something similar to this product that's cheaper, check out NUDE Skincare's Detox Brightening Powder Wash (not the gentle version), which is $42. It exfoliates just as well as Tatcha's and leaves skin very, very smooth - almost like you did a peel. Be warned though that it's not for breakout or clog-prone skin. My skin looked incredible immediately after using NUDE's product but broke out in bumps the next day because of the mix of oils in it. Stick to Tatcha's if you're acne-prone and go for the deep rice powder, which exfoliates more thoroughly than the gentle and classic versions.