L.A. Colors Double Volume Mascara

L.A. Colors Double Volume Mascara

3.5

Price: $

Price: $

Water (Aqua), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Monostearate, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Polyurethane-35, Paraffin, Triethanoalamine, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Polyparaben, Methylparaben. May contain ( /-): Iron Oxides (CL 77499).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is a washable mascara with a curved bristle brush. Overall I'd say this is a great everyday mascara for when you want to blacken lashes in a hurry and get a no fuss polished look for school or work (and you don't have sensitive eyes).

Lots of great things about this mascara:
- Easy to apply, dries quickly
- Clean, defined lashes with no clumping, even after 3 coats
- Dark black
- Easy to remove with plain soap and water or a cleansing wipe
- Cute slim yellow tube
- Cheap price
- NO animal testing ever by L.A. Colors or her parent company Markwins (they also make Wet N' Wild as well, and they don't test either).

Now the not so good:
- Perhaps misnamed? Does not give dramatic lashes that the packaging "Double Volume" seems to promise. Could be annoying if you went by the name and brought in a hurry for a hot date. Instead of "Vavoom" you simply get "Nice", oh! If you want big volume at a similar price point I'd recommend Jordana "Big Lash Extreme.

- Cheap price, cheap ingredients. This is fine if you don't have sensitive eyes and can take it. But for me this stung my sensitive eyes and turned my lids red and swollen within a few minutes. I will have to keep searching for another cheap everyday mascara. (Actually I've found I'm allergic to every LA Colors product I've tried, so sadly the range doesn't agree with me at all. I would not recommend if you are very sensitive.)

on 5/6/2013 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

This is my new favorite mascara. I picked this up from Dollar General just because. It works so much better than even Great Lash. You can't go wrong with it!