Maybelline Color Whisper in Mad for Magenta

Maybelline Color Whisper in Mad for Magenta

4.7

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

A very nice magenta shade. Slightly sheer with just enough pigmentation not to look gody or overly made up. Lips look moisturized and have a nice sheen.
Color payoff is very nice and leaves a light kiss of color on my lips once it has worn off.
I find this to be a nice spring/ summer color. Reminds me a bit of radiant orchid with more if a fuchsia twist.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I like this product. It's a pretty purple-ish kind of colour which flatters my skin tone, unlike some of their other colours. It didn't stay on overlong but it did leave a nice stain, although it was a little drying. This problem was solved by first using a good moisturising lip balm. I wouldn't recommend wearing it to school, because the colour, although translucent, is a bit bright, but it would look nice worn somewhere more dressy. It has nice packaging, but the price is a little steep.

Overall, it is a nice lipstick which provides a good hint of colour, and flatters skin with a more reddish tone.

on 5/3/2013 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I really loved this. The color was opaque with one swipe. It stained my lips.

The smell's not as awful as the Vivids. I liked how it was fairly moisturizing though there was a faint taint of alcohol. I liked how light it was; compared to Revlon's lip butters, it was like I wasn't wearing lipstick at all. I would say it left my lips a little dry after the color wore off. The color's fairly long lasting. I would say it lasted longer than Orange Attitude (the other Color Whisper I own).

Popular Lips Products