MAC Glamour Era

No Image

4.3

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Coarse

This is a nice warm-toned peachy-brown, but not so brown that it's aging and dated. I think it's supposed to be a frost, but I don't see it. The "frost" fives it a nice shine.

It's a nice MLBB shade, but not too light, maybe medium for light to medium-light skin tones.

The staying power is very good. I brushed my teeth wearing it and didn't need to reapply. The formula is nice, and the MAC vanilla scent smells good.

It's flattering and a nice warm shade that can be worn year-round. If I had to pick a season for it, I'd say fall.

Good everyday shade for people who don't like bold lips.

City Color Already Taken is fairly close in color, if you're looking for a cheaper alternative.

on 9/7/2015 11:41:00 AM

This is a Mineralize Rich lipstick. They are a little bit pricier than MAC's regular lipsticks ($23 versus $17), but this one is well worth it, in my opinion. The case has a magnetic closure, so I don't have to worry that I didn't put the cap on tight enough. And though it is moisturizing, this lipstick has great staying power. It doesn't come off when I drink, only when I eat, and it leaves behind this gorgeous rosy stain as it wears off.

on 4/18/2015 1:30:00 AM

I liked this better than I thought I would. It's a neutral brown with a tinge of peach, and the texture is very nice and moisturizing. It's a nice everday warm shade. I love Mac lipsticks.

on 11/24/2013 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is my favorite color of lipstick. I have auburn hair, pale (slightly sallow) skin with freckles, and olive green eyes. It has been extremely difficult for me to find a lipstick that doesn't make me look like I'm wearing a lot of lipstick, and looks natural while not making me washed-out. MAC's Glamor Era fits the bill. MAC describes it as a mid-tonal warm brown frost. The frost is barely noticeable, if at all. It simply makes your lips glow a bit. I'd have called it a warm rosy color - not a warm brown - because to me it has just enough touch of healthy warmth to it. It goes on VERY smoothly and feel silky soft. The down-side is that it doesn't last as long as the other MAC lipsticks and you will need to reapply every few hours. But for me, it's totally worth it to get the smashing color! I like the shape of the tube better than the typical bullet shape of MAC lipsticks. Because it gets wider at the top, it's easier to grip and get the lid off if you've just moisturized your hands - a frequent winter activity for me :-) Yes, it's a few more dollars than the regular MAC lipstick - but now I've got a go-to lipstick that works with everything and doesn't look garish against my pale skin. That's worth it.

on 5/3/2013 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I have lips close in color to Posh Tone and Glamour Era. Glamour Era made my lips seem fuller and shiner. I liked how moisturizing it was. It felt very light - as if I wasn't wearing lipstick at all.

The packaging's neat, but I prefer the typical bullet form. I'm not entirely sure if I would re-buy this. On other hand, it was very flattering. On the other hand, I've never actually finished a lipstick. The extra premium's not necessary worth it in my case.

on 1/28/2015 9:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is my first Mac lipstick! I was actually planning to get Bobbi Brown's Rose lipstick but only their orange lipsticks are available so I went to Mac to look for cosmo or brave. Unfortunately, they're both sold out. So I told the MUA to see if's there's a dupe for BB Rose, she gave me this shade. At first, I thought THIS IS NOT A DUPE FOR BB'S ROSE! but when I swatched it, it's really close! It appears frosty but it's not which is a good thing since I'm looking for an everyday lipstick. It's semi-matte and has a buildable color! This is not my best MLBB but this one is enough to make me look alive (I have a very pale, she-looks-like-she-just-came-out-of-the-hospital lips). I like the packaging and I don't mind if others don't recognize that I'm actually using a Mac lipstick. It lasts for a few hours only but I love dabbing some foundation (powder) on my lips before putting on another layer of lipstick. This collection may have better formula (it doesn't dry my lips and I noticed that even if I forgot to scrub my lips, my lips feel mousturized) and a little gram more than the usual Mac lipstick, it is really pricey! Especially here in the Philippines! FYI, Mac products here are overpriced (Lipsticks-$21*, Mineralize Lipstick-$26*). Still planning to get this one again since I love the color and the formula. This one is worth the try (only if you have extra budget!).