CLINIQUE Deep Comfort Body Butter

CLINIQUE Deep Comfort Body Butter
Clinique Deep Comfort Body Butter

4.6

on 9/3/2018 10:15:00 AM

whats that saying? you get what you pay for. well, you'll see it in action with this product. overnight with one use it calmed down my red burning eczema irritated skin. all summer long ive been battling this skin. is it heat rash? eczema? i dont know. but whatever other cream i put on.... burning fire and then itch. but not this stuff.
needless to say i was desperate for something to calm down my skin. clinique's specialty is allergy tested, fragrance free. works for my face, why not the body? so i decided to plunk down the money and give it a try. i have been told that the first 3 ingredients in skincare are the most important. this has (after water) shea butter, glycerin, octyldodecyl myristrate. these are all emollients and expensive and high quality.
i have to say, i took a shower, put on this cream, and woke up to calm skin. for once i got a good night sleep and did not scratch all night. yes, this is not the cheapest cream but it has such an amazing effect on my skin i guess its time i move up to first class and stay there.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I like a number of Clinique skin care products and I wanted to take advantage of a 'pwp' so I bought this body butter and I do like it a lot. (I took one lipstick off for the price tag)

It's definitely rich which my itchy perimenopausal skin loves, especially during the winter months.
It works much better than Kiehl's highly touted Creme de Corps lotion. (not a bad product but definitely not worth the hefty price tag)
It's also fragrance free which is a big plus in my books. I don't mind fragranced body lotions/creams like The Body Shop's body butters, but I work in a fragrance free environment so I need to keep this in mind when choosing body creams.

I would buy this again at gwp time as I think it's very expensive to purchase on a regular basis, especially as I go through body moisturizers rather quickly.
I'm happy with my Vaseline intensive therapy body cream as it's only $5 CAD vs. $39 CAD for Clinique's body butter.
But yes, a definite purchase at gwp time.

on 3/1/2015 5:45:00 PM

Really effective, thick but easy to spread and absorbed in seconds, unscented, it does leave you feeling very " comforted", with souple skin. I dislike jars for facial creams but don't mind this at all. Gorgeous product.

on 4/4/2012 2:43:00 PM

Love it! I was looking for a really moisturing, totally unscented cream for my hands at night and this be da one! My hubby is sensitive to scents and has asthma and I have tried to find something at the drug store, but they all have scent (even if they say they don't) or they're sticky. This isn't. It's not THAT expensive, the Lancome hand treatment cream at Sephora was $49 (CDN) and that was just a tube. THAT's expensive!! Besides, you don't need very much and it does the job very well. Nice velvety hands! I will absolutely buy it again, recommended!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have dry skin, particularly on my legs, which is worse in winter. I've tried various body lotions, creams and butters in my time, from the bottom end 99p ones to the more expensive brands, but have been pretty disappointed in the majority of them. However, Clinique's Deep Comfort Body Butter is completely different; on the first application of this my skin felt softer and smoother and the effects lasted all day, as opposed to a couple of hours like others I've tried. It's quite thick, so a little goes a long way, but that's no bad thing when you're spending 20 on a tub. Plus, and this is really important to me, it's fragrance free, so it doesn't interfere with the other scents you might wear like perfume or deodorant. I would definitely buy this product again and would recommend it to anyone who has dry, sensitive skin that needs a little extra pampering.

on 8/8/2010 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have such mixed feelings about this product. I do like it a lot - mainly because it doesn't feel greasy even when I use a lot, and it has such a pleasant smell. But unfortunately, it wasn't moisturizing enough for me because I have very dry skin. I won't repurchase this because there's no point in having something that doesn't work for you, and it's not cheap either.

on 8/3/2010 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Why do I not have this right now?? I have been searching high and low for a good moisturizer lately and I completely forgot about this stuff. This is the best I've ever used......completely not irritating and perfect for eczema and very dry skin. I wish this came in a tube (maybe it even does now...its been a while)..I received a sample in a tube a couple of times and it came out easily so I don't know why they are bothering with the jar business, but even as is, its heaven.

on 2/21/2010 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Love love love for the winter time. Totally elimated all my ashy skin during the blizzard of 2010 here on the east coast. It is unscented and is not greasy at all. It leaves my skin soft and moisturized all day. It will definately be too thick for the summer time, but is my HG body cream for the winter.

Love this product! Smells lovely, leaves my dry skin feeling soft and smooth. I use this to really give my skin a treat after a shower/bath - and my skin laps it up! Makes my skin look very happy and healthy, good on you Clinique :-)

on 3/14/2009 1:54:00 AM

love it! did a great job! soooo soothing and absorbs well. has a fresh natural scent. definitely use it in winter and after exfoliating.

Popular Lotions / Creams