CLINIQUE Deep Comfort Body Butter

CLINIQUE Deep Comfort Body Butter
Clinique Deep Comfort Body Butter

4.3

on 3/1/2015 5:45:00 PM

Really effective, thick but easy to spread and absorbed in seconds, unscented, it does leave you feeling very " comforted", with souple skin. I dislike jars for facial creams but don't mind this at all. Gorgeous product.

on 6/21/2014 8:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I'm hesitant to say this is my HG until I've used it consistently with the same effect for about 3 months, but I think this is my HG.

I used this after I exfoliated with Clinique Sparkle Skin. Either this or the scrub (probably both) made my skin look golden, glowy, bright and even. It looks and feels soft and as smooth as homemade butter. It doesn't have an over coating of shine like most moisturisers tend to give. This actually looks like my skin is hydrated from the inside! (Let's face it I don't drink 3l of water a day)

My favourite favourite favourite thing about this butter is that it instantly melts into your skin. No greasy residue or outer coating. In fact this butter is not greasy at all. Isn't that AMAZING? I normally hate butters for the greasiness and yet they're exactly what I need for my dry skin. This butter is a godsend.

It's been 12 hours. My skin is still just as hydrated as it was when I applied it first. It feels unbelievably soft still and there's still no grease or residue or the weird ickiness you get from over moisturising (I'm looking at you body shop)

Since the effect lasts so long the packaging is not an issue at all. Normally jars are unhygienic but if I apply this once daily after a shower and don't need to moisturise anymore (I can't believe this is finally possible) then the jar stays pristine.

The ONLY concern I have is that I know my skin always loves new moisturisers for the first use. It's usually after a week or two that they start feeling greasy or icky and don't seem to do their job anymore. I'll have to wait and see what happens. I'm crossing my fingers.

For now, I highly recommend this. I'll buy this forever if it always makes my skin feel the way it feels today.

Update: Unfortunately it's become too thick and waxy for my skin. I suppose creams are not meant for me. I only use this after exfoliating and for the rest of the time I use pure grape seed oil. It's a great cream. But my skin prefers oils.

on 11/18/2011 5:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I love the Clinique Deep Comfort Body Butter. I wanted unscented,
and I like the texture and jar. Great for heels, feet, elbows. Also to layer under strong fragrances to dilute them and make them more
like a body cream with a rich sensual texture. Can make strong
fragrances you love into much softer skinscents.

on 6/26/2011 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I tried this because Clinique's face moisturizers are my holy grails. Their youth surge, moisture surge, and turn around are around 50.00 and I shell it out no questions asked, in order to have such radiant skin on my face. Their body butter, different story.

I rated this a three, because while it's very moisturizing and great for dry skin, there are other products that work just as well for a little cheaper, and have fragrance. If someone has an allergy to fragrance, they may find this is the perfect moisturizer. Clinique Body butter is $25.00 for 6.7 ounces, while Bath and Body Works Shea Cashmere is $17.50 for 7 ounces. I use the shea cashmere and so does my Mother, who has horrible allergies to fragrances. The shea cashmere is a little sweet, but the scent is barely noticeable on the skin, and has the same moisturizing properties as Clinique's body butter. But my point is, since I prefer fragrance, I use Victoriassecret, or Bath and Body Works body butters, because they are the exact same thing as this, only with fragrance, and with more product for less money.

Plus, Victoria's Secret nearly always has a sale where I get 5 products for 25 or 30 dollars - and I stock up on the body butters. I'm having a hard time thinking of any cheaper body butters without fragrance, so I think those with sensitive allergies may benefit from this, even if they are paying more money for the same thing, just fragrance- free. Those of us who can tolerate fragrance, and enjoy them in our lotions, are better off shopping body care lines elsewhere.

on 8/22/2010 6:08:00 AM

Great moisturiser, it does not stick or smell. A little goes a looooong way. On the expensive side (especially if compared to nivea), but worth the splurge once in a while. It leaves my skin moisturised all day and very soft.

on 6/1/2008 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like the whipped, thick texture which is not as creamy or fluid as other body butters. It still absorbs quickly, and I do prefer this texture, but I don't think it is a better moisturizer. I use it mainly as a hand cream, and it does not compare to some hand other creams. For my body in the winter, I tend to need a lot of this to work. As with all Clinique products, it does not have a "scent" which is fine by me. Still, an okay moisturizer overall.

on 11/2/2007 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Nice; for the price? No

I got 2 samples of this from a magazine. I kept them in my handbag as a hand moisturizer because of its size. I have eczema on my hand and need to religiously moisturize them after every time I was my hands.

It feels nice and smell nice. It is LITTLE more moisturizing then a cheapo product. Probably suitable for someone with not so dry skin. It does not feel heavy on the skin either. As an all over body moisturizer it is ok but there are other cheaper and more moisturizing products out there.

I like Estee Lauder products, so I thought its sister's company Clinique would be okay. Unfortunately Clinique products do not seem to rest well with me.

on 5/30/2007 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is one of my favorite body creams (next to L'Occitane Ultra Rich Body Cream). It's very very moisturing and makes my thirsty skin happy in dry winters. Also wonderful on hands and feet. The price is very reasonable considering the quality. It has shea butter as the main ingredient (next to water) just like L'Occitane body cream but much cheaper; also it's fragrance free. I still think L'Occitane body cream's texture more luxurious but this body butter is very good too. I have already used up 4-5 jars, and still loving it.

on 1/10/2006 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this so much, I love the big tub. I love how it soaks into skin. It is just the smoothest body cream ever. I also notice it plumps the creases in the lines on the back of my hands, whis is a plus :)

on 12/25/2005 3:46:00 PM

I did not really like this one. I have used so many better and cheaper body moisturizers. Wont buy again.

Popular Lotions / Creams