CLINIQUE Deep Comfort Body Butter

CLINIQUE Deep Comfort Body Butter
Clinique Deep Comfort Body Butter

4.7

on 9/3/2018 10:15:00 AM

whats that saying? you get what you pay for. well, you'll see it in action with this product. overnight with one use it calmed down my red burning eczema irritated skin. all summer long ive been battling this skin. is it heat rash? eczema? i dont know. but whatever other cream i put on.... burning fire and then itch. but not this stuff.
needless to say i was desperate for something to calm down my skin. clinique's specialty is allergy tested, fragrance free. works for my face, why not the body? so i decided to plunk down the money and give it a try. i have been told that the first 3 ingredients in skincare are the most important. this has (after water) shea butter, glycerin, octyldodecyl myristrate. these are all emollients and expensive and high quality.
i have to say, i took a shower, put on this cream, and woke up to calm skin. for once i got a good night sleep and did not scratch all night. yes, this is not the cheapest cream but it has such an amazing effect on my skin i guess its time i move up to first class and stay there.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I like a number of Clinique skin care products and I wanted to take advantage of a 'pwp' so I bought this body butter and I do like it a lot. (I took one lipstick off for the price tag)

It's definitely rich which my itchy perimenopausal skin loves, especially during the winter months.
It works much better than Kiehl's highly touted Creme de Corps lotion. (not a bad product but definitely not worth the hefty price tag)
It's also fragrance free which is a big plus in my books. I don't mind fragranced body lotions/creams like The Body Shop's body butters, but I work in a fragrance free environment so I need to keep this in mind when choosing body creams.

I would buy this again at gwp time as I think it's very expensive to purchase on a regular basis, especially as I go through body moisturizers rather quickly.
I'm happy with my Vaseline intensive therapy body cream as it's only $5 CAD vs. $39 CAD for Clinique's body butter.
But yes, a definite purchase at gwp time.

on 11/16/2014 10:28:00 AM

I tried a big sample of this, it's not greasy, absorbs well and does moisturise. I understand how people like the fact that it is unscented, but personally I could have done with a subtle scent.

on 4/4/2012 2:43:00 PM

Love it! I was looking for a really moisturing, totally unscented cream for my hands at night and this be da one! My hubby is sensitive to scents and has asthma and I have tried to find something at the drug store, but they all have scent (even if they say they don't) or they're sticky. This isn't. It's not THAT expensive, the Lancome hand treatment cream at Sephora was $49 (CDN) and that was just a tube. THAT's expensive!! Besides, you don't need very much and it does the job very well. Nice velvety hands! I will absolutely buy it again, recommended!

on 11/9/2011 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

First of all , I do have to say I really like this Body Butter , I took some on a recent Caribbean trip and found it was very creamy and rich without a heavy scent which I like as I think heavy scents aren't good mixed with fragrance, I like the creamy consistency and butter colour.
I just feel it is a little too expensive and that is the only reason I would not purchase , the one I have used was from a Bonus Offer as I cannot justify the high price tag for a body butter.

on 2/1/2011 3:35:00 PM

Probably the best body butter out there. Great for canadian winter. Thick but not greasy. Might be a splurge for some, but believe me it's worth it. The fact that it's unscented enables me to wear any fragrace I want right after putting it on. Get a stick for the jar, it will keep your cream clean. If you can, do try it. I will buy it again, and again, and...

on 2/28/2010 3:26:00 AM

I got this as a GWP and although I have said I would purchase again, I'm not sure I would unless it got me over the line for another GWP! This product is scentless, but all Clinique's stuff is, so I can't see why some reviewers are grumbling. It's a lovely product and but there is plenty of this sort of thing out there. For seriously dry skin I normally use urea cream. That works well.

on 12/24/2008 8:15:00 PM

I have super sensitive skin and was looking for a deep moisturizing lotion/cream that did not have active essential oils. This Deep Comfort Body Butter fits the bill. I have extremely dry elbows and this sinks in and helps them heal without irritation. I use this all over and it is not greasy and leaves my skin comfortable and soft.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I bought a tub of this at an outlet cosmetics store at an after Thanksgiving Day sale. It was still expensive for me at $17.10, but I admit I love what this does for my dry skin. It moisterizes and absorbs very well, and does not leave me feeling greasy the way natural shea butter does. Yes I would buy this again...I took one lippie off because for sanitary reasons, a tube of this size would have been better.

on 11/1/2005 11:16:00 AM

Wouldn't be without this product during the harsh Canadian winters. Quality ingredients, incl. shea butter. For a decadent spa-like treat, use this after your foot or hand paraffin. I have also followed with a few drops of Weleda Wild Rose Body Oil when I am in the mood for a bit of scent. Very rich - without the huge price tag!

Popular Lotions / Creams