Filtered by age: 19-24

on 6/21/2014 8:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I'm hesitant to say this is my HG until I've used it consistently with the same effect for about 3 months, but I think this is my HG.

I used this after I exfoliated with Clinique Sparkle Skin. Either this or the scrub (probably both) made my skin look golden, glowy, bright and even. It looks and feels soft and as smooth as homemade butter. It doesn't have an over coating of shine like most moisturisers tend to give. This actually looks like my skin is hydrated from the inside! (Let's face it I don't drink 3l of water a day)

My favourite favourite favourite thing about this butter is that it instantly melts into your skin. No greasy residue or outer coating. In fact this butter is not greasy at all. Isn't that AMAZING? I normally hate butters for the greasiness and yet they're exactly what I need for my dry skin. This butter is a godsend.

It's been 12 hours. My skin is still just as hydrated as it was when I applied it first. It feels unbelievably soft still and there's still no grease or residue or the weird ickiness you get from over moisturising (I'm looking at you body shop)

Since the effect lasts so long the packaging is not an issue at all. Normally jars are unhygienic but if I apply this once daily after a shower and don't need to moisturise anymore (I can't believe this is finally possible) then the jar stays pristine.

The ONLY concern I have is that I know my skin always loves new moisturisers for the first use. It's usually after a week or two that they start feeling greasy or icky and don't seem to do their job anymore. I'll have to wait and see what happens. I'm crossing my fingers.

For now, I highly recommend this. I'll buy this forever if it always makes my skin feel the way it feels today.

Update: Unfortunately it's become too thick and waxy for my skin. I suppose creams are not meant for me. I only use this after exfoliating and for the rest of the time I use pure grape seed oil. It's a great cream. But my skin prefers oils.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I'm a huge fan of Clinique for face products so I decided to try this out on a whim. I have been using Body Shop butters for as long as I remember so just wanted a change. First this really has no smell its good for people who don't like fragrance in their products. It is moisturizing but when I compare it to the body shop it doesn't really come close. I'm better off using this in the summer. I like it but not enough to spend $30 on it again when theres far better moisturizers for 1/3 of the price.

This is too expensive for what it is. It's a nice body butter, absorbs well and isn't greasy. I didn't really find it that moisturising though. (I do have crazy dry skin though, so I'm sure it would be fine for people who don't need harcore moisture). It's a pretty standard product, nothing special...I don't think the hefty price tag is justified.

So I originally wrote a review for this before I purchased the Clinique Sparkle Skin Body Exfoliating Cream. The two work SO well together, I can't get over it. Definitely gives me the glow I'm looking for. The only downside is the price for such a small amount of product. I'll probably repurchase because of the results but only a little over 6oz for $25 is crazy.

on 11/12/2010 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This stuff works great. When i used this, EVERYBODY was complimenting my skin and trying to touch my skin too! it was in the winter when i need heavier moisturizing and my skin felt soooooooooo soft and felt so smooth. my skin was like honey!

on 8/26/2010 11:49:00 PM

The product is not "WOW" but honestly i would buy it again !
I have been tried some other products but so far this product is quite good for sure.
It hydrates my skin and keep my skin more moisture!

on 8/8/2010 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have such mixed feelings about this product. I do like it a lot - mainly because it doesn't feel greasy even when I use a lot, and it has such a pleasant smell. But unfortunately, it wasn't moisturizing enough for me because I have very dry skin. I won't repurchase this because there's no point in having something that doesn't work for you, and it's not cheap either.

on 3/18/2010 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This is a moderately moisturizing body butter. I have used body butters that are far cheaper and provide much superior results. This alone will not hydrate dry skin. I had to layer this over a very moisturizing body lotion first. I appreciated the fact that this is completely fragrance free. Not a whole lot to write home about with this body butter, just decent.

on 3/12/2010 12:00:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

There are several things about this product that I do not like. First of all, it's extremely expensive. I think it's a very good moisturizer, but I don't think that the price is justified, because except for moisturizing, it doesn't have any special properties. I also have a problem with the packaging. The thing I like about jar packaging is that I can use every last bit of the product. However, it is easy to contaminate the product and any anti-oxidants that might be present will soon be rendered ineffective. That said, I will probably buy this product again. My skin gets very dry during the winter and is also very sensitive. Before using this body butter, I was not able to find a moisturizer that provides me with the moisturization I wanted without including fragrance. However, the Deep Comfort Body Butter is very moisturizing, yet does not irritate my skin. So yes, I would repurchase, until I've found something cheaper that does the trick.

Edit: I have found something cheaper that works even better (La Roche Posay Lipikar Baume AP), so I will not repurchase this, even though it is a very good body butter.

on 1/2/2010 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This product is a little too thick for me, i also do not like how it applies. I have used cheaper products that work much better, I will not repurchase.