Maybelline Color Tattoo - Seashore Frosts #30

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Maybelline Color Tattoo - Seashore Frosts #30

After reading reviews about this colour I decided I really really wanted it. Unfortunately in my country we only get very few shades and I have never seen any limited edition colours. I decided to purchase from Amazon, and while I got it for a great price there, the shipping and taxes to my country killed me. That being said, I LOVE LOVE it. On me its hard to describe, but the best I can say is, its a slate grey silvery gold with the very slightest hint of blue. The duo chrome colour is soooooo beautiful. Thus far I have only worn this by itself with liner and mascara, to show off its fabulous awesomeness. I do not have oily lids, (I do use primer first) but depending on the weather they can become oily and this stays put, no creasing whatsoever. It go on very smooth. Really love this and HIGHLY recommend it.

on 5/4/2013 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

*Please note: Seashore Frosts is of the Summer 2013 limited edition line.

First off, I have to admit, I am not a huge fan of cream eyeshadows.
Maybelline Color Tattoos are no different to me. I've tried (my personal experiences of each are in parenthesis... just because something didn't work well for me, doesn't mean it won't work for every one!):

Tough as Taupe (way too muddy or cement looking for my eye)
Pomegranate Punk (I like this one, although it is too shimmery for me sometimes)
Bad to the Bronze (my personal favorite of the permanent line)
Barely Branded (nice, but doesn't show up on my lid very much)
Electric Blue (I like, however, I don't wear blues all that often)
Edgy Emerald (patchy)
Gold Rush (extreme shimmer!)
Bold Gold (not too bad, but it is kinda patchy).

I walked into my local Ulta and saw the Summer 2013 collection on display and was immediately drawn to Lavish Lavender (iridescent lavender). At Ulta, Color Tattoos are $6.99. After remember I had a $3.50 off of $10.00 coupon, I looked at the other colors. All of the other colors were either too cool tone or way too shimmery looking for my liking. Cool tones on me look too harsh and too shimmery products just spread all over my face and I look too sparkly and shiny. I picked Seashore Frosts on a whim. Oh my goodness, am I glad that I did! It is STUNNING. In the jar, it look golden and purple-esque. When on my skin, it shifts to a golden green-blue. It's just super pretty. It's creamy and opaque. It is a duochrome, however, there are so many colors involved, I can't really described it (I uploaded a collage of it to try and help, but as people who have this say, it's really hard to capture it and pictures do not bring the colors to justice.). This is not patchy at all. It didn't cake up on me, nor did it fade fast. I don't know how, but the formula for this color is the best I have ever experienced in not only the color tattoo line, but in the realm of cream eyeshadows. I can see this becoming a part of my everyday makeup. It lasted on me all day and I got several compliments and questions on what was I wearing on my eyes. It's really unique. And for the price of this (you get 0.14 oz or 4 g of product, by the way!), it's definitely, without a doubt, worth it. I've seen the line priced at around $4.99 to $8 and some change (unfortunate that the price is not consistent). Also, I have seen Walgreens sell the limited edition line (I have heard that Rite Aid has as well, however, CVS, Walmart, and Target have not sold it and I am unsure if they are or will be.). I will definitely have to try and get another one before I never see it again.

Top Rated Eye Shadow