Maybelline Color Tattoo - Seashore Frosts #30

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Maybelline Color Tattoo - Seashore Frosts #30

4.3

What a unique color! It ends up golden on my lids and shimmery blue-gray in the crease - two shadows in one. I would have never, ever purchased it based on the color in the pot. Usually I run in the opposite direction from blue eye shadow!

It goes on too sheer if you use your fingers. Get a soft, natural bristle brush like the MAC 239 or the excellent Loew-Cornell maxine mop dupe. Makes a big difference in the application and impact of the color.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I finally found Seashore Frosts at Kmart after having almost given up on finding this colour! I managed to snag Lavender by asking an Ulta employee to check the stock drawers for me (SCORE) but everyone had been saying that SF was THE colour to have from this LE collection. I was so pleased that I found it!

In the jar it is a lovely blue-green with a definite soft gold duochrome. It swatches much the same way, but on my lids it turns misty blue, a touch gray-ish, with that same light gold duochrome. So pretty! I would have liked a bit more green as I have a definite love affair with green shadows, but it's a show stopper regardless. A very soft, pretty look. It is not an intense colour, like most of the Summer LE's aren't, but it is stronger than the others, which I feel are very sheer (though still pretty).

A little Mildew in the crease, blended well, gives the hint of green I was craving and I think adds to the sunlit ocean sort of look that the shadow seems to be going for.

SF is buildable if you let a layer dry first and is very, very blendable and creamy. It's not terribly thin like I feel Lavish Lavender was. I just used my finger to apply and blend because the body heat helps it melt a little in the jar.

It's highly unlikely I will ever need to repurchase unless I break it, but I might go back and buy the other one that was on the shelf in Kmart to give to someone or to swap since it seems to be pretty popular.

This is my first experience with the Color Tattoo shadows. I was going to buy the MAC version, but I've heard so much about these I thought I'd give it a try. Seashore Frosts is a limited edition, and the most unique color IMO of the selection I saw. In the pot, it looks like a lovely goldish green however when the pot is actually opened, the color around the outside of the pot is more of a teal blue/green, and a dull greenish gold in the middle. I don't wear blue eyeshadow, but this has so much green in it, I can get away with it. It seems to go on smoothly but very sheer and metallic looking. I didn't try to wear it for 24 hours but just by wearing it for about 6, I can tell little would be left after 24 hours. It also seems this would work better it it's set with powder shadow or a dusting of translucent powder as it is slightly sticky. It's ok, but I won't go out of my way to purchase any other colors. Still, this is a pretty color for summer,