Maybelline New York Color Tattoo - Seashore Frosts #30

3.5

on 6/24/2015 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

This is really interesting color...shifts from a light blue-green to peachy-pink with some gold shimmer in there...even perhaps a hint of lilac. Very pearlescent formula.
It's a little on the sheer side for me so I have to layer it if I want to wear it as a stand-alone shadow.
But I regularly like to use these Color Tattoo cream shadows as bases for my powder shadows. I layer them over MAC's "Painterly" paint pot as a primer and this combo keeps for hours and hours.

I recently ordered a shimmery blue-green-gold shadow from Coastal Scents which I think might look absolutely beautiful over this base.

I would repurchase this item as it's a really unique looking color as a base for me....but it's not one I reach for a whole lot, right now.

Still worth giving a try if you get the chance to.

I returned this Color Tattoo shade right away. It's not because I didn't love the color, because I definitely did (especially in the package). I was really excited to get this home and try it, but the whole thing fell flat when I realized how uneven the application is. No matter how I applied it, it looked streaky and did not give consistent coverage. I looked like that little kid who plays with her mommy's makeup and just slaps it on. Not a good look.