Maybelline New York Color Tattoo - Seashore Frosts #30

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Maybelline New York Color Tattoo - Seashore Frosts #30

on 10/7/2013 8:22:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Freaking LOVE this!! I'm not someone who regularly wears blue eyeshadow (I kinda think it should be outlawed actually, lol.) But this subtle blue with gold flash has stolen my heart! I don't have the problem with patchy application like others have mentioned, but I always start with a primer and then apply two thin layers of SF over it. My favorite way to wear it from there is to dust a light layer of Becca Lurex over the top of it to enhance the gold duochrome, add a light brown in the crease and line my top lashes with a dark brown liner. This gives me a lovely neutral work-appropriate look with a little pop, and makes my blue eyes shine. I've actually just swapped for a backup since it's limited edition and I can't stand the thought of ever being without it!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I am a fan of cream eyeshadow even though they do tend to dry out rather quickly no matter how I store them. Seashore frosts is an interesting and unique color that works well on its own, over a darker shadow, and on top of neutral shadows. The color does change depending on the angle and light source and the duochrome shimmer can look bronze, gold, or green/blue at any given moment. I like that it can be layered to look dramatic without becoming heavy or cakey on my eyelids but also looks great when applied in a single layer for a more subtle effect. Another plus is that this shadow lasts all day without creasing or smudging on my super oily lids without primer and in hot and humid weather.

on 5/12/2013 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Very creamy consistency, totally not the hard-ish formula of their permanent line or previous LE color tattoos. This is like a dusty teal-blue with a white-gold duochrome. The pic above is very color-accurate.

I really love this shade and its texture, etc but for those that can't find this anywhere, I'd say it's easily replicated with a sheer gold shadow or white-gold iridescent/duochrome shadow + a sheer, shiny teal-blue on either side. In other words, if this (__) resembles the closed lid, you can replicate Seashore Frosts like this:

( shiny or sheer teal blue | white-goldy duochrome | shiny or sheer teal blue )
If you're going to replicate it like that, I suggest a shiny gold primer like the Too Faced one. The Urban Decay one would be too yellow in my opinion.