Maybelline Color Tattoo - Seashore Frosts #30

4.3

on 6/24/2015 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

This is really interesting color...shifts from a light blue-green to peachy-pink with some gold shimmer in there...even perhaps a hint of lilac. Very pearlescent formula.
It's a little on the sheer side for me so I have to layer it if I want to wear it as a stand-alone shadow.
But I regularly like to use these Color Tattoo cream shadows as bases for my powder shadows. I layer them over MAC's "Painterly" paint pot as a primer and this combo keeps for hours and hours.

I recently ordered a shimmery blue-green-gold shadow from Coastal Scents which I think might look absolutely beautiful over this base.

I would repurchase this item as it's a really unique looking color as a base for me....but it's not one I reach for a whole lot, right now.

Still worth giving a try if you get the chance to.

on 10/7/2013 8:22:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Freaking LOVE this!! I'm not someone who regularly wears blue eyeshadow (I kinda think it should be outlawed actually, lol.) But this subtle blue with gold flash has stolen my heart! I don't have the problem with patchy application like others have mentioned, but I always start with a primer and then apply two thin layers of SF over it. My favorite way to wear it from there is to dust a light layer of Becca Lurex over the top of it to enhance the gold duochrome, add a light brown in the crease and line my top lashes with a dark brown liner. This gives me a lovely neutral work-appropriate look with a little pop, and makes my blue eyes shine. I've actually just swapped for a backup since it's limited edition and I can't stand the thought of ever being without it!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I practically ran to Walgreens to find this after seeing it used in a FOTD (seashore frosts was used on top of black shadow.) I've never seen anything quite like it--there are so many dimensions to the color. I haven't had success using it all over my lid, but on top of black liquid eyeliner, I love it. It makes the coolest, most unusual liner. It is very much worth the $7-8 I paid. I should probably get a backup...

What a unique color! It ends up golden on my lids and shimmery blue-gray in the crease - two shadows in one. I would have never, ever purchased it based on the color in the pot. Usually I run in the opposite direction from blue eye shadow!

It goes on too sheer if you use your fingers. Get a soft, natural bristle brush like the MAC 239 or the excellent Loew-Cornell maxine mop dupe. Makes a big difference in the application and impact of the color.

on 5/26/2013 4:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this shade in a giveaway and it's perfection in everyway! Since this is a duochrome, the color is a bit hard to describe but I get more bluish-green than anything else. The golden sheen is lovely and in certain light pink comes through also. Cream shadows have always intimidated me and in the past I'd tired some pretty lousy ones. But these color tattoos are great! They last all day on me without creasing or fading with my avon e/s primer (fab product btw). This doesn't apply patchy either and blends well with powder shadows. If you see this in a store don't hesitate to get it and I never normally wear colorful shadow. This has brought me around though and it's such a great product.

How to even describe this little pit of limited perfection! Sheer Perfection. A great dupe for MAC Paint Pots and BeneFit Creaseless Cream Shadows, not in colours but in texture and longetivity.

Price: $7 USD
Colours: sky blue based duochrome with seafoam green/light teal/peachy gold/slight palr bronzy sheen/hint of lavender with pinked peach
Pigmentation: medium; very buildable
Wear time: all day

It's an excellent base for powder shadows but it's a shame to cover up this gorgeousness. The colour is unlike anything in my decently sized collection. In certain light and angle, the peachy goldeny colour matches my lid colour bang on, giving it a glowy look. Other times, it's a mix of flattering colours on anyone.
For the price, they really are on par with the high-end makeup that cost triple, if not more.
It's limited so grab some while you can! Fellow Canadians, we sadly have to go across the border but it's worth it

on 5/12/2013 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Very creamy consistency, totally not the hard-ish formula of their permanent line or previous LE color tattoos. This is like a dusty teal-blue with a white-gold duochrome. The pic above is very color-accurate.

I really love this shade and its texture, etc but for those that can't find this anywhere, I'd say it's easily replicated with a sheer gold shadow or white-gold iridescent/duochrome shadow + a sheer, shiny teal-blue on either side. In other words, if this (__) resembles the closed lid, you can replicate Seashore Frosts like this:

( shiny or sheer teal blue | white-goldy duochrome | shiny or sheer teal blue )
If you're going to replicate it like that, I suggest a shiny gold primer like the Too Faced one. The Urban Decay one would be too yellow in my opinion.

This is a dirty, muddy, mess. Glad I have my receipt. Terrible.

on 5/8/2013 7:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love these Color Tattoos...probably my most favorite new makeup product. Bad to the Bronze is neutral perfection. I fought getting these new LE colors, because I need more colors like I need a hole in the head. But I broke down and bought the purple one & the much sought out Seashore Frost. The gold in this shade I thought would really balance the green/blue shade...It could look amazing. But two things went wrong for me. First, the shade really didn't make my brown eyes pop much at all. Second, I love the duochrome, but no matter how I tried, application looked uneven. And I am not talking "mixes of green, blue, gold". I am talking one part looks green/blue, one part looks gold. It looked very patchy...no matter what I did. I do love the LE purple shade I bought...that one looks amazing. But this one did not work on me at all. NW20 with almost black hair, brown eyes.

I went to a few stores before finally finding this at Rite Aid. I'm glad I did, this color is gorgeous! When I initially saw swatches of it online it looked like there was a hint of pink to it and I thought it would look nice as a base under MAC Vex and it does! Normally I find Vex to be kind of sheer and the duochrome doesn't show much, but over Seashore Frosts it looks amazing! Very pigmented and the duochrome really stands out despite SF not showing any noticeable pink tones. I love wearing this combo with Satin Taupe in the crease. I wish they would make this color permanent!