Maybelline New York Color Tattoo - Seashore Frosts #30

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Maybelline New York Color Tattoo - Seashore Frosts #30

3.8

I returned this Color Tattoo shade right away. It's not because I didn't love the color, because I definitely did (especially in the package). I was really excited to get this home and try it, but the whole thing fell flat when I realized how uneven the application is. No matter how I applied it, it looked streaky and did not give consistent coverage. I looked like that little kid who plays with her mommy's makeup and just slaps it on. Not a good look.

on 5/26/2013 4:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this shade in a giveaway and it's perfection in everyway! Since this is a duochrome, the color is a bit hard to describe but I get more bluish-green than anything else. The golden sheen is lovely and in certain light pink comes through also. Cream shadows have always intimidated me and in the past I'd tired some pretty lousy ones. But these color tattoos are great! They last all day on me without creasing or fading with my avon e/s primer (fab product btw). This doesn't apply patchy either and blends well with powder shadows. If you see this in a store don't hesitate to get it and I never normally wear colorful shadow. This has brought me around though and it's such a great product.

on 5/12/2013 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Very creamy consistency, totally not the hard-ish formula of their permanent line or previous LE color tattoos. This is like a dusty teal-blue with a white-gold duochrome. The pic above is very color-accurate.

I really love this shade and its texture, etc but for those that can't find this anywhere, I'd say it's easily replicated with a sheer gold shadow or white-gold iridescent/duochrome shadow + a sheer, shiny teal-blue on either side. In other words, if this (__) resembles the closed lid, you can replicate Seashore Frosts like this:

( shiny or sheer teal blue | white-goldy duochrome | shiny or sheer teal blue )
If you're going to replicate it like that, I suggest a shiny gold primer like the Too Faced one. The Urban Decay one would be too yellow in my opinion.

This is my first experience with the Color Tattoo shadows. I was going to buy the MAC version, but I've heard so much about these I thought I'd give it a try. Seashore Frosts is a limited edition, and the most unique color IMO of the selection I saw. In the pot, it looks like a lovely goldish green however when the pot is actually opened, the color around the outside of the pot is more of a teal blue/green, and a dull greenish gold in the middle. I don't wear blue eyeshadow, but this has so much green in it, I can get away with it. It seems to go on smoothly but very sheer and metallic looking. I didn't try to wear it for 24 hours but just by wearing it for about 6, I can tell little would be left after 24 hours. It also seems this would work better it it's set with powder shadow or a dusting of translucent powder as it is slightly sticky. It's ok, but I won't go out of my way to purchase any other colors. Still, this is a pretty color for summer,