Maybelline New York Color Tattoo - Seashore Frosts #30

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Maybelline New York Color Tattoo - Seashore Frosts #30

3.8

I returned this Color Tattoo shade right away. It's not because I didn't love the color, because I definitely did (especially in the package). I was really excited to get this home and try it, but the whole thing fell flat when I realized how uneven the application is. No matter how I applied it, it looked streaky and did not give consistent coverage. I looked like that little kid who plays with her mommy's makeup and just slaps it on. Not a good look.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I am a fan of cream eyeshadow even though they do tend to dry out rather quickly no matter how I store them. Seashore frosts is an interesting and unique color that works well on its own, over a darker shadow, and on top of neutral shadows. The color does change depending on the angle and light source and the duochrome shimmer can look bronze, gold, or green/blue at any given moment. I like that it can be layered to look dramatic without becoming heavy or cakey on my eyelids but also looks great when applied in a single layer for a more subtle effect. Another plus is that this shadow lasts all day without creasing or smudging on my super oily lids without primer and in hot and humid weather.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I finally found Seashore Frosts at Kmart after having almost given up on finding this colour! I managed to snag Lavender by asking an Ulta employee to check the stock drawers for me (SCORE) but everyone had been saying that SF was THE colour to have from this LE collection. I was so pleased that I found it!

In the jar it is a lovely blue-green with a definite soft gold duochrome. It swatches much the same way, but on my lids it turns misty blue, a touch gray-ish, with that same light gold duochrome. So pretty! I would have liked a bit more green as I have a definite love affair with green shadows, but it's a show stopper regardless. A very soft, pretty look. It is not an intense colour, like most of the Summer LE's aren't, but it is stronger than the others, which I feel are very sheer (though still pretty).

A little Mildew in the crease, blended well, gives the hint of green I was craving and I think adds to the sunlit ocean sort of look that the shadow seems to be going for.

SF is buildable if you let a layer dry first and is very, very blendable and creamy. It's not terribly thin like I feel Lavish Lavender was. I just used my finger to apply and blend because the body heat helps it melt a little in the jar.

It's highly unlikely I will ever need to repurchase unless I break it, but I might go back and buy the other one that was on the shelf in Kmart to give to someone or to swap since it seems to be pretty popular.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

After viewing swatch after swatch of this product I was convinced that this product was the one and only most important color tattoo I would ever own and I absolutely had to have it.
If it's not obvious, I tend to go over the top when a hyped product is declared limited edition.
But, all dramatics aside, I'd definetly say this product is worth all the hype. I own a few other color tattoos and I love the color payoff and wear time.
What drew me to seashore frosts like a Kardashian to a money offer was the beautiful duochrome effect. Let me tell you ladies and gentlemen, it delivers. I can slap this on in a hurry and look like I actually put some effort into my makeup. I think it's great to have for those of us who are constantly on the go or new to makeup.
However, my fear lies based off of my previous experiences with my beloved color tattoos. They dry out after some months and I'll still have a lot of product left (cause that jar...it may not look like it but there's lotsa product!). It helps to add a drop of ELF Makeup Lock and Seal but either, I don't want a thing ruining my beautiful Seashore Frosts. It's just too lovely.

on 5/1/2013 1:44:00 PM

I really enjoy all the Maybelline colour tattoo. They are just so easy and quick to put on just before you leave the house! I think they are so worth the price. I use mine every single day and absolutely find no fault in it. It works as a nice primer and all too! Go buy it, its worth the hype!

This is my first experience with the Color Tattoo shadows. I was going to buy the MAC version, but I've heard so much about these I thought I'd give it a try. Seashore Frosts is a limited edition, and the most unique color IMO of the selection I saw. In the pot, it looks like a lovely goldish green however when the pot is actually opened, the color around the outside of the pot is more of a teal blue/green, and a dull greenish gold in the middle. I don't wear blue eyeshadow, but this has so much green in it, I can get away with it. It seems to go on smoothly but very sheer and metallic looking. I didn't try to wear it for 24 hours but just by wearing it for about 6, I can tell little would be left after 24 hours. It also seems this would work better it it's set with powder shadow or a dusting of translucent powder as it is slightly sticky. It's ok, but I won't go out of my way to purchase any other colors. Still, this is a pretty color for summer,