Maybelline New York Color Tattoo - Seashore Frosts #30

Maybelline New York Color Tattoo - Seashore Frosts #30

on 6/24/2015 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

This is really interesting color...shifts from a light blue-green to peachy-pink with some gold shimmer in there...even perhaps a hint of lilac. Very pearlescent formula.
It's a little on the sheer side for me so I have to layer it if I want to wear it as a stand-alone shadow.
But I regularly like to use these Color Tattoo cream shadows as bases for my powder shadows. I layer them over MAC's "Painterly" paint pot as a primer and this combo keeps for hours and hours.

I recently ordered a shimmery blue-green-gold shadow from Coastal Scents which I think might look absolutely beautiful over this base.

I would repurchase this item as it's a really unique looking color as a base for me....but it's not one I reach for a whole lot, right now.

Still worth giving a try if you get the chance to.

After reading reviews about this colour I decided I really really wanted it. Unfortunately in my country we only get very few shades and I have never seen any limited edition colours. I decided to purchase from Amazon, and while I got it for a great price there, the shipping and taxes to my country killed me. That being said, I LOVE LOVE it. On me its hard to describe, but the best I can say is, its a slate grey silvery gold with the very slightest hint of blue. The duo chrome colour is soooooo beautiful. Thus far I have only worn this by itself with liner and mascara, to show off its fabulous awesomeness. I do not have oily lids, (I do use primer first) but depending on the weather they can become oily and this stays put, no creasing whatsoever. It go on very smooth. Really love this and HIGHLY recommend it.

What a unique color! It ends up golden on my lids and shimmery blue-gray in the crease - two shadows in one. I would have never, ever purchased it based on the color in the pot. Usually I run in the opposite direction from blue eye shadow!

It goes on too sheer if you use your fingers. Get a soft, natural bristle brush like the MAC 239 or the excellent Loew-Cornell maxine mop dupe. Makes a big difference in the application and impact of the color.