Maybelline Color Tattoo - Seashore Frosts #30

Filtered by age: 19-24
Maybelline Color Tattoo - Seashore Frosts #30

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I am a fan of cream eyeshadow even though they do tend to dry out rather quickly no matter how I store them. Seashore frosts is an interesting and unique color that works well on its own, over a darker shadow, and on top of neutral shadows. The color does change depending on the angle and light source and the duochrome shimmer can look bronze, gold, or green/blue at any given moment. I like that it can be layered to look dramatic without becoming heavy or cakey on my eyelids but also looks great when applied in a single layer for a more subtle effect. Another plus is that this shadow lasts all day without creasing or smudging on my super oily lids without primer and in hot and humid weather.

on 5/12/2013 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Very creamy consistency, totally not the hard-ish formula of their permanent line or previous LE color tattoos. This is like a dusty teal-blue with a white-gold duochrome. The pic above is very color-accurate.

I really love this shade and its texture, etc but for those that can't find this anywhere, I'd say it's easily replicated with a sheer gold shadow or white-gold iridescent/duochrome shadow + a sheer, shiny teal-blue on either side. In other words, if this (__) resembles the closed lid, you can replicate Seashore Frosts like this:

( shiny or sheer teal blue | white-goldy duochrome | shiny or sheer teal blue )
If you're going to replicate it like that, I suggest a shiny gold primer like the Too Faced one. The Urban Decay one would be too yellow in my opinion.

I went to a few stores before finally finding this at Rite Aid. I'm glad I did, this color is gorgeous! When I initially saw swatches of it online it looked like there was a hint of pink to it and I thought it would look nice as a base under MAC Vex and it does! Normally I find Vex to be kind of sheer and the duochrome doesn't show much, but over Seashore Frosts it looks amazing! Very pigmented and the duochrome really stands out despite SF not showing any noticeable pink tones. I love wearing this combo with Satin Taupe in the crease. I wish they would make this color permanent!

on 5/4/2013 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

*Please note: Seashore Frosts is of the Summer 2013 limited edition line.

First off, I have to admit, I am not a huge fan of cream eyeshadows.
Maybelline Color Tattoos are no different to me. I've tried (my personal experiences of each are in parenthesis... just because something didn't work well for me, doesn't mean it won't work for every one!):

Tough as Taupe (way too muddy or cement looking for my eye)
Pomegranate Punk (I like this one, although it is too shimmery for me sometimes)
Bad to the Bronze (my personal favorite of the permanent line)
Barely Branded (nice, but doesn't show up on my lid very much)
Electric Blue (I like, however, I don't wear blues all that often)
Edgy Emerald (patchy)
Gold Rush (extreme shimmer!)
Bold Gold (not too bad, but it is kinda patchy).

I walked into my local Ulta and saw the Summer 2013 collection on display and was immediately drawn to Lavish Lavender (iridescent lavender). At Ulta, Color Tattoos are $6.99. After remember I had a $3.50 off of $10.00 coupon, I looked at the other colors. All of the other colors were either too cool tone or way too shimmery looking for my liking. Cool tones on me look too harsh and too shimmery products just spread all over my face and I look too sparkly and shiny. I picked Seashore Frosts on a whim. Oh my goodness, am I glad that I did! It is STUNNING. In the jar, it look golden and purple-esque. When on my skin, it shifts to a golden green-blue. It's just super pretty. It's creamy and opaque. It is a duochrome, however, there are so many colors involved, I can't really described it (I uploaded a collage of it to try and help, but as people who have this say, it's really hard to capture it and pictures do not bring the colors to justice.). This is not patchy at all. It didn't cake up on me, nor did it fade fast. I don't know how, but the formula for this color is the best I have ever experienced in not only the color tattoo line, but in the realm of cream eyeshadows. I can see this becoming a part of my everyday makeup. It lasted on me all day and I got several compliments and questions on what was I wearing on my eyes. It's really unique. And for the price of this (you get 0.14 oz or 4 g of product, by the way!), it's definitely, without a doubt, worth it. I've seen the line priced at around $4.99 to $8 and some change (unfortunate that the price is not consistent). Also, I have seen Walgreens sell the limited edition line (I have heard that Rite Aid has as well, however, CVS, Walmart, and Target have not sold it and I am unsure if they are or will be.). I will definitely have to try and get another one before I never see it again.

Top Rated Eye Shadow